Gale Storm died

Tools    

"Gale who?" will probably be as the reaction of most folks in this forum. Yet she made more movies than Michael Jackson, including lots of B-Western back in the 1940s, co-starring a few times with Roy Rogers. And she was the star of two TV series in the 1950s through 1960, giving her more TV screen time than Farrah Fawcett. She also was more my idea of a movie-TV beauty star than Farrah, but probably because she's an icon from my childhood and Farrah was not.
Her first TV program, My Little Margie, came on as a summer replacement for the Lucille Ball show and was such a hit that it became a regular series. It was a simple show--Storm played Margie, the grown daughter of a handsome businessman-father who was always spoiling his romances. Her second show was The Gale Storm Show in which she played a busybody social director on a steamship back when ships still were used for international travel rather than loop-the-loop cruises. It was in the very broad sense the early forerunner of The Love Boat.
Wasn't until I read her obit and saw she was survived by three sons and a daughter named Susannah that I recalled The Gale Storm Show also was known as Oh, Susannah, the name of Gale's character in that show which also costarred one of the greats of silent movies, Zazu Pitts (look her up).
On top of that, Storm was a popular singer who had three hit records, the biggest being Dark Moon. So she was a triple star of film, TV, records, and even wrote a book about her life as an alcoholic.
Plus she was an ol' Texas girl who got into movies the old fashion way--she won a contest. Dead at 86.
Some of us will never forget you, Gale.

I did say "Gale who?" ... but after I saw her picture, I recognized her... she was a beautiful lady with a beautiful voice...

Rest in Peace...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Gale Storm ~ Memories are Made of This

Gale Storm ~ Why Do Fools Fall In Love?

R.I.P.

My mother told me about this, yesterday. She remembers her well, and truly enjoyed everything that she did. I only remember some of her music, but I'll be looking into the rest of her career, soon. Her movies, and TV shows. I'll also be buying that book for my mother.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I used to watch her shows all the time, even if they were on morning/afternoon reruns. R.I.P. Sweetie.

Wow that's a blast from the past. She will be missed.

My mother told me about this, yesterday. She remembers her well, and truly enjoyed everything that she did. I only remember some of her music, but I'll be looking into the rest of her career, soon. Her movies, and TV shows. I'll also be buying that book for my mother.
As your mom if, like my second wife, she ever played as a child with Gale Storm paper dolls? Storm was very commercial in her day, as big a star as they came in early TV.

As your mom if, like my second wife, she ever played as a child with Gale Storm paper dolls? Storm was very commercial in her day, as big a star as they came in early TV.
I already know the answer to this question. My mother was born in 1932. She had outgrown dolls by then. I'll ask her about her baby sisters, when I get a chance. She's the oldest of ten children. Six girls, and four boys.