The Mysterious Cities Of Gold. I want this movie made!

Tools    

Mig
It says on Wikipedia...
Feature film
In March 2007 Movie Plus Group acquired the rights to the story from NHK and announced that they would be producing a full length feature film reprising the original story, with the intention of looking at a sequel if the film proved successful. The film is slated to enter production in 2008.
To those of you who don't know, The Mysterious Cities Of Gold was an anime series set in 1532 (according to wikipedia), in which the characters set upon a quest to find The Mysterious Cities Of Gold located somewhere in South America.

I gew up watching this show at a young age, the storytelling coupled with the cultures exposed on the show made it far more fascinating to me than any other cartoon.

Upon rediscovering the show, I found that the show had a lot of qualities still, even to me as an adult, but the cheap animation makes it quite dated.

IF this thing is made into a movie and done so well, it will be something I'll simply have to see.

hmmm.... a cartoon set in the past South America about people looking for the 'City of Gold' almost sounds familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it

yea, yea, I know the original anime came out long before this (early 80's non?)

Mig

This show was special, hopefully a movie will be too.