Bruce Willis remarries

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
My question is this...There are plenty of men marrying women 10-20 years their junior, why is this, all of a sudden, a conversation for the ages (no pun intended) on who older men, mainly Bruce Willis, can marry?

If there's an attraction between the two and they're happy, why does age matter? My wife is 2 years younger than me. Granted, that's no big gap, but there's an age difference. My mother is 10 years younger than my father.

Honestly, an older man going after a younger woman is more him seeking adventure in his life rather than being stuck at a Florida retirement home playing canasta all day long.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I've dated from 9 years younger, to 15 years older. It didn't seem like a big deal, past the point that the younger one was a brat . . . literally. I suppose I only have a problem with it, once the age difference is severe.

This one went way past that . . .

Nasty!

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
... especially for their kids shakes.

^^^ You can always tell I'm wide awake around here... ^^^

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Goodness rufnek, are you familiar with the multi-quote function!?
Apparently not, since I apparently am not using it. But then I don't know much about computers--just enough to barely function.

The multi-quote buttons are found just to the right of the "edit" and "quote" buttons on each post. Clicking each one will replace the tiny red icon with a tiny green one, to let you know you've selected that post. Select all the posts you want to quote, then hit "New Reply", and they'll all be quoted in one response for you.

There's probably far more shagging going on in Moore's household than Willis'.
Now that's probably the truest--and funniest--thing I've ever read in this forum!

As for the "bee in my bonnet," Willis and other over-50 guys are free to do what they obviously. I'm just bemused by the risk they're taking of being made to look foolish at some point. My first thought about guys marrying women young enough to be their daughters is taken basically from the great philosopher Jerry Lee Lewis, who once sang "He's middle-age crazy, trying to prove he still can..."

And then there's the quote from Blaze in which Paul Newman, playing a much-better-looking version of Earl Long than the real Louisiana governor, asks his much younger stripper girlfriend, "Would you love me if I wasn't rich?" to which she replies, "Would you love me if I didn't have big (breasts)?"

You really brought a different perspective and lots of good arguments on all aspects of May-December love affairs.

im not knocking your numbers Ruf, but I've read otherwhere that a woman's sexual prime stretches much further than 35 years of age. In otherwords, hubby's winding down, and wifey's winding up.
I'm sure you're correct about a later prime for women. I was just repeating something I half-way remember hearing many years ago.

I've known several ladies in the 40s, 50s and older who not only looked but were sexy. I know I've dated older ladies--there was one who I must have been closer to the age of her youngest son than to her age, judging by a few clues she dropped. Yet she was maybe one of the most loving women I've ever met.

I've never asked a lady her age because if she interest me, I really don't care if she's older or not. They have asked me, however--one lady who I met one night at Gilley's old honky tonk. I'd made a few rounds through the barroom and checked the dancefloor but didn't see anyone interesting, except this one silver-haired woman sitting alone. She was tapping her toes, obviously wanting to dance, and the way she looked and dressed she really stood out in that crowd. What's more, I had circled through her area a couple of times and everytime I looked at her she was looking at me. So I went over and asked her to dance. At some point later in the evening she asked my age. I think I was probably 47 at the time, but when I told her, she said, "Oh, you're way too young for me!" But she went out with me again and would call me up whenever she came to town. One time she mailed me from Arizona a big box of cookies all in the shapes of sexual anatomy--sent it to me at the newsroom, which got a lot of laughs!

There was another lady who I had been very close to 20 years earlier, and we got together again. At the time she was married to a guy 5 years younger than her which put him about 12 years younger than me, but she said he didn't fulfill her needs.

The multi-quote buttons are found just to the right of the "edit" and "quote" buttons on each post. Clicking each one will replace the tiny red icon with a tiny green one, to let you know you've selected that post. Select all the posts you want to quote, then hit "New Reply", and they'll all be quoted in one response for you.
Thing is, I have a habit of reading something and immediately responding, and then read another entry and respond to that. Guess I'm into instant gradification! But I'll try to keep that in mind next time.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I'm happy for Bruce but this new woman looks a lot like Demi. That makes me wonder.

I do believe men's sex drives inconveniently go down just when women's go up. I believe that's been studied and verified. Of course if the two people work together on this, it could mean lots of sex when the couple is young and the man's libido is high AND lots of sex when the couple is in thier forties and the woman's libido is high! That's it, work together couples! Personally my drive has always been high but after 40 it def went from high to rediculously high.

Also, I think it's great that the adults can all get along and hang out BUT I also agree that if you can get along that well you probably didn't NEED to get divorced to begin with. Then again, you probably didn't need to get married to begin with either. LOL.

Isn't all this predicated on the idea that the man can't keep up, though? Not all men follow exactly the same trajectory, and I think it's fair to say that, being a movie star and all, Willis is probably in much better shape than your average 50-something. Anyway, men of every age like pretty women, so whether you think highly of his choice or not (and I don't, really), it's not hard to understand.

Ah, you lost me here. You're perturbed by the thought of him marrying a younger woman, but suggest he dally about with married women? Methinks that's worse.
"men of every age like pretty women."

Well, that's true for most of the guys I know. But the implication of your statement seems to be that only younger women are pretty, and I emphatically disagree with that. Older women not only can be as pretty but are usually more learned, more forgiving, and less demanding because they have matured like fine wine.

Guess I'm not expressing myself well. I'm not saying it's a "sin" for Willis to marry a much younger woman. Right or wrong has nothing to do with this. I'm simply saying an older guy is running a risk in marrying a woman in her prime when he's entering a period of his life when he's more likely to encounter more physical and medical problems. I don't care if Willis can jerk 400 pounds or runs marathons. Exercise does nothing to strengthen a man's prostate or prevent its disease. Prostate cancer and colon cancer are two of the top killers among men, especially among men over 50, and doctors advise regular testing for symptoms for men of that age. Not every man gets cancer, of course. But the risk is still there and cannot be ruled out. Drinking adds to the physical risks, as does smoking, diet, and sleeping habits. Those in this forum under the age of 50 have no idea of the wealth of surprises awaiting you when you turn that age.

I suspect that being a movie star does nothing to improve a person's health--as a matter of fact, look at the level of drug abuse within the entertainment industry. It has killed some folks long before they would have reached 50.

As for married women, I'm not suggesting anything to Willis, although I'd be highly surprised if he hasn't committed some form of adultry in his life. It's even more prolific than prostate cancer. I'm just saying from my experience, older women are usually more interesting, more fun, and more giving than women under 35, especially those twentysomethings who often are too self-oriented. Like the line I heard on some TV mystery program of a young immigrant woman working as a model who kept telling men, "I am pretty, buy me something." It's also my opinion that married older women are especially accomodating because the guy who romances her is already preferable to what she has at home. Again, I'm not judging it good or bad--it's simply a fact of life.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
It's true, men of every age like pretty women but only a surprisingly small percentage will actually go talk to one, much less ask them out.

Speaking of percentages, I'd love to see a real clear study on what percentage of men don't cheat. That would be very interesting to me personally.

Personally my drive has always been high but after 40 it def went from high to rediculously high.
So how about we get together for drinks after work!

This Willis thing just gets better and better. Saw another story putting the new bride at 30 instead of 32. Which would make her 24 years younger than Willis and only 10 years older than his 20-year-old daughter! On top of that, the wife is described as a lingerie model!!! The latest story says she also looks something like ex-wife Demi, although I don't see the resemblance.

Now why wouldn't I suspect that this marriage will have the life-span of a fruit fly???

This is very depressing.... he was supposed to marry me!

I'm going to the Mofo Support Group now...