Revenge of the Nerds reboot

Tools    

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/r...rs-1234854322/

"Seth MacFarlane is reviving the age old rivalry between jocks and nerds. The comedic actor is developing a reboot of the seminal ’80s comedy “Revenge of the Nerds” at 20th Century Studios.

Keith and Kenny Lucas, identical twin brothers best known for their scene-stealing roles in “22 Jump Street,” are set to write and star in the film. They are co-writing the script with Alex Rubens (“The Twilight Zone,” “Key and Peele,” “Rick and Morty”).

MacFarlane will produce the reboot through his production company Fuzzy Door, along with Erica Huggins, who brought the project to the Lucas brothers and is spearheading development. Fuzzy Door’s Alana Kleiman will also serve as executive producer.

The upcoming version won’t be a remake of the 1984 comedy, which hasn’t aged all that well and has been criticized in recent years for depictions of rape. Instead, the contemporary reimagining will pontificate about today’s nerd culture and what even constitutes a geek in the 21st century."

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
I fear it's gonna be a terrible film, because the original is one of my favorite comedy movies of all time. I do not think those guys could handle the film well.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
It is a waste of the ip. It can’t be anything like the original, so why bother.

Oh yeah, cash grab nostalgia.

The trick is not minding
They tried this back in the mid aughts. Like, around 2007? Even started filming scenes as I recall. Then They shut down and never finished for reasons I forget.

The trick is not minding
Personally, I loved the original film, i think it's on my guilty pleasures list, great re-watch appeal, but not thrilled about the idea of a remake.
Agreed. Across the board.
Also, I do agree with Suspect on its depiction of women and certain scenes, but it does t detract from a good film for me.