The Avatar Thread

Tools    

Half way through October, might as well dig this out

You do such nice graphics! Did you ever get Photoshop to work on your computer? I remember you said you had some sort of computer problem.

Hehe!

Yeah sadly not got it working yet on the new lappy.
I can get the old laptop working occasionally but it tends to crash after 3 minutes of usage.

Hehe!

Yeah sadly not got it working yet on the new lappy.
I can get the old laptop working occasionally but it tends to crash after 3 minutes of usage.
We have a computer help thread here, maybe ask and someone can help out.

Nah it's all good. The old one is about 10 years old Windows 7 machine.
It's the actual disc drive that's gone.
Plus the fan as well so it sounds like an old bi-plane from the 1930s and then overheats

Newbie here with a request. Not sure if this is the right thread, but what the hey. I've tried to no avail to shrink this down to fit as an AV. Any help would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

So, the main issue is the avatar system on the site will shrink large GIFs down, but this process breaks the animation. Thankfully there are tons of easy online tools that do this for you. I use this one a lot:

https://ezgif.com

When you edit the GIF on that site, you just need it to be no more than 110 pixels wide (or high), and the result has to be under 2.5 MB. That should do it.

So, the main issue is the avatar system on the site will shrink large GIFs down, but this process breaks the animation. Thankfully there are tons of easy online tools that do this for you. I use this one a lot:

https://ezgif.com

Worked like a charm, even for a dunce like me. A thousand thanks, Yoda!

Done.
Old lappy didn't crash or anything. Makes a change

Removed the black hat so I could fit the Santa hat... and I also smoothed the animation out slightly.
@cat_sidhe

Done.
Old lappy didn't crash or anything. Makes a change

Removed the black hat so I could fit the Santa hat... and I also smoothed the animation out slightly.
@cat_sidhe
Nicely done

Now you should take your old laptop into the local computer repair shoppe and get it fixed