Slasher Hall of Fame

Tools    

Ok guys my nomination is:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0263488/?ref_=nv_sr_1

JEEPERS CREEPERS

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I have to say, and this is no offense to the other thread, but I am way more into this Hall of Fame. I may have to bail on that other thread.

That's probably because "slasher movies" is more specific than just "sci-fi movies". The Sci-Fi HoF is equivalent to a "horror" HoF, where anything even remotely considered horror would be eligible. (The Sci-Fi HoF already has a horror movie, and two foreign language movies that were nominated.)

This HoF is more like if the Sci-Fi HoF was something specific, like "space travel movies", "alien invasion movies", or "time travel movies".

Let the night air cool you off
Anybody else who is participating, could you please PM me your nomination instead of announcing it in the thread?

No sweat on the announcers so far, but I'd like the reveal to be like when you open gifts on Christmas

I only own 24 of those. Not that I would want even half, but there are a very few I should still get. I forgot all about my Road Games, Prom Night, Terror Train, and When a Stranger Calls. Also, all the sequels to my favorites.

Great idea on Jeepers Creepers.

You are very accurate, Goodies. That is exactly why I am not into the Sci-fi Hall of Fame anymore. I need to go see what else has been added since earlier today.

Sorry Justin! Do I still need to PM it to you?

My film KICK ASS!
I need help finding this film. I have never seen a movie named Kick Ass, and the only one I can find is an action comedy about super heroes.

Anyway, so far there will be nine films to watch. I remember four of the six turned in. I damn well know I am staying in on this one. I can't wait to see the rest of the list. This has been a great idea, Justin dear.

Let the night air cool you off
By the way, Destiny, if there is anything nominated that is difficult for you to get your hands on, let me know and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Hey guys, nostromo sent me a good list of slashers. This might give you some ideas for movies.

http://letterboxd.com/frankenlotter/...ly-of-slasher/
How many of these have you guys seen? My percentage of films seen on that list is embarrassingly low

Sent my nom in.

Some movies I considered nominating, and why I chose not to-

The Midnight Meat Train (2008)

This is actually a terrific movie that I think would've been a great nomination. I just wanted to go for something a little more classic.

April Fool's Day (1986)

I love this movie, but I think most members have probably seen it.

Last House on the Left (1972)

A big favorite of mine; I just don't personally consider it to be a slasher.

The New Kids (1985)

I would've loved to have nominated this because I don't think many have seen it. I saw it on some slasher lists, but like the one above, I don't consider it slasher.*

Pieces (1982)

This is a very good cult slasher, but it may have been hard to find and it's not made especially well.

Bad Dreams (1988)

I love it, but I'm not confident it would've done well.

Hell Night (1981)

This is a real good one, but I don't remember it well enough.

Pieces is goofy fun.

Wow you've really seen a lot of horror, definitely a true fan

I would strongly recommend The New Kids, it's from the director of Friday the 13th and is great 80's fun. The only thing is that I don't consider it a true horror movie.

How many of these have you guys seen? My percentage of films seen on that list is embarrassingly low
18 from the first 100 for me, i'm not going through five more pages the only other ones I would have seen are part of the Freddie, Michael, Chucky, etc series.

I've seen about 104. There's probably another 10 or so which I'm not sure if I've seen or not and another 20-30 which I own but haven't watched.

Without wanting to go through all the pages looking for films I might haven't checked off (though my Letterboxd is pretty accurately updated), I have seen 26 according to the counter, so most definitely not more than 30...

Maybe I should join this HoF and get updated on my slashers!

Lol! I think she just means that her film kicks ass.

Her film is Hatchet.

No, no, it's quite all right.
Destiny,

My film is called Hatchet as JJ said...

Its a throwback to the 80's slasher genre.... with some fun killings.. It has Robert Englund (Freddy Kruger fame), Kane Hodder ("Jason" from Friday the 13th) and Tony Todd (Candyman). Oh yeah, dont buy the dvd..the film is on youtube... I will post the link once we start.

Derek, did you seriously choose "Jeepers Creepers"?

Top 3 slashers ever has got to be between Halloween, My Blood Valentine, and Suspiria.
I thought about My Bloody Valentine.. its probably my favorite slasher... I have the dvd and was going to watch it recently.. but didnt (someone ruined my night). I dont watch it often but I do remember some of the killings being a bit of a shock... they happen when you least expect it..

I picked "Hatchet" because of its 80's feel.... I seen many of the 80's slashers when I was younger but to rewatch them... well ... they arent my favorite.. I prefer late 60's and 70's horror...