PRETTIEST MOVIES

Tools    

GO

Personally don't care for the movie, but there's no arguing that it's one of the most beautiful looking films ever made

The cinematography in this film is absolutely breathtaking

Those opening shots of Austria alone earn this film a place here

There have been those on this site who say this film looks too much like a photographed stage play, but I think it is absolutely gorgeous to look at.

Re-watch it before you scoff, but this film is beautifully photographed.

New York never looked so beautiful. I'm going to stop here...this is a topic I could post movies on all day long.

Re-watch it before you scoff, but this film is beautifully photographed.
Totally agree with you – the light's incredible.

You'll definitely want to include titles with those images, @Velvet, both so a) people who don't recognize them know what you mean, and b) because the images are going to break eventually, since they weren't uploaded as attachments.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Solaris (2002)
I remember a few people walking out of the theater during this one. In my opinion, this movie is an incredibly beautiful film. Using color palette, over-saturated hues for location and time references, composition, framing, sound, and scale and contrast that are all featured as much as the cast, this one is simply gorgeous and is always a sensory thrill for me. There is an opening shot set up behind Clooney's character where he is seated, facing a window in a minimalist office. The camera slowly zooms toward him from behind while he narrates a voice-over. It is a long shot that visually, nothing happens in but it is such a powerful visual nonetheless.

The Fountain (2006)
While confusing as hell if you aren't really into it, it is a visually stunning film. It has its moments of awkward effects and acting, but all in all the compositions are breathtaking. I actually tear up in most every scene in part due to the use of composition and color.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

'The Fall' is the most amazing looking movie I have ever seen. It's shot in something like 20 countries, with barely any CGI. Every shot is a stunning picture.:

You can't win an argument just by being right!
'The Fall' is the most amazing looking movie I have ever seen. It's shot in something like 20 countries, with barely any CGI. Every shot is a stunning picture.:]
I just saw the trailer. Very pretty.