Avengers: Infinity War

Tools    

I think Thanos looks different in the trailer because in GotG he was wearing a crown.

The bald head is a bit different. Think they should put the crown back on tbh.

I think Thanos looks different in the trailer because in GotG he was wearing a crown.

The bald head is a bit different. Think they should put the crown back on tbh.
I think because he's only been sitting in a chair so they didn't have much work to do with the performance capture lol
I dunno, he just looked very 2D when he was coming through the smoke, it'll look better on the day for sure

Yeah they always change stuff between trailer and release
They got a lot of time too, May is 6 months away.

This might just do nobody any good.
Bets on who?

Fury, obviously (they already kind of set up Stark as the new connectivity guy in Spider-Man)

Nebula would be kind of interesting in how it relates to Gamora and Thanos but could be a waster given the work that was put into her in GotG2.

Mantis. No one cares about Mantis.

Hawkeye. See above.

Black Widow, if Johansson doesn’t want to wait for her solo movie?

Bets on who?

Fury, obviously (they already kind of set up Stark as the new connectivity guy in Spider-Man)

Nebula would be kind of interesting in how it relates to Gamora and Thanos but could be a waster given the work that was put into her in GotG2.

Mantis. No one cares about Mantis.

Black Widow, if Johansson doesn’t want to wait for her solo movie?

Leave Mantis alone! I love Mantis!

I reckon it'll be Howard the Duck.

Vision seems like a good choice, for a few reasons.

I kinda think they have to kill an OG Avenger, though. I have to imagine RDJ wants to do other things after doing this for a decade, and his character, more than someone like Hulk or Captain, could just be someone else who puts on the suit and assumes the mantle, so while the actor is irreplaceable, "Tony Stark" is not. And it'd have a big impact.

Personally, the one I'd miss least is Thor, and that might make the most sense from an internal logic standpoint, since he already sort of lives in Thanos' larger world, and seems to have the most latent power. So sacrificing himself to stop him would make a lot more sense than, well, anyone else doing so. I mean, the narrative impact of another Avenger dying to stop him might work better, but it would probably make less logical sense. Relatively speaking.

This might just do nobody any good.
lI reckon it'll be Howard the Duck.
He’s the post-credits stinger.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I've already backed off my Visionquest . No way they show you the guy getting killed in the trailer. I assume T is pulling the essence of the Mind stone out, without killing Vision.

Oh yeah, I don't think that shot was his death. I just think losing that thing is going to leave him vulnerable. That, and Vision sits pretty firmly at the nexus of not-a-huge-loss-to-the-narrative and still-kinda-feels-like-a-big-loss (especially since Stark gets to play off of it).

That, of course, is always the trick: deaths of characters people are invested enough to care about, but not so invested that it'll be too heartbreaking. Except in giant end-of-phase, decade-in-the-making films like this one, where you kinda have to do it. So even if Vision does go, I think someone else will, too.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Looks good but its all become a bit yawn for me. Not much that will drag me to cinema these days.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Oh yeah, I don't think that shot was his death. I just think losing that thing is going to leave him vulnerable. That, and Vision sits pretty firmly at the nexus of not-a-huge-loss-to-the-narrative and still-kinda-feels-like-a-big-loss (especially since Stark gets to play off of it).

That, of course, is always the trick: deaths of characters people are invested enough to care about, but not so invested that it'll be too heartbreaking. Except in giant end-of-phase, decade-in-the-making films like this one, where you kinda have to do it. So even if Vision does go, I think someone else will, too.
Like Red Viper Martel in s4 of Game of Thrones, build him up for a season then off him.