What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

Happy New Year from Philly!
I just came back from seeing Away We Go.

It is hilarious. Maya Rudolph and the cute guy from the Office are a latter day Cuneganda and Candide.

The rotten people make the movie.

Alison Janney plays a terrible bitch and steals the show until Maggie Gyllenhall shows up nursing what looks like two kids at once and one old enough to chew steak. She is wonderfully horrible and pretentious.

What a fun and humane movie.

If you loved Juno, you'll enjoy this.

The last movie i saw was The Hangover. It a good movie, I got a few laughs from it.... But what didnt make sense was at the end... while the were racing to get to the wedding, Why didnt one guy drive while the others got dressed???? then just pull over to switch drivers, keep driving and let that last guy get changed on the way........... It would have aloud much more time for anything else that needed to be done.... But apart from that a good movie in my opinion.....

I think it was Wall-E.
"Oh my God...... Um, uh... oh, my God. We... thank you for the... er, ....food that mom has put in front of us and... STOP!... uh, the Devil... (Yeah!) from doing.....bad things? And er...GET OUT OF HERE!... Uh, Satan? GO! Go so...... that we may live in peace. (Phew...) Amen."
- Iron Giant (Hogarth Hughes)

Welcome to the human race...

Last night I got to see A Clockwork Orange and Full Metal Jacket in a Stanley Kubrick double-bill at a local cult theatre. Was quite a fun night, although part of me wishes they'd shown 2001 as well.

A Clockwork Orange, A+
Full Metal Jacket, A-

Half Blood Prince, midnight premiere. It was very good, of course with its many deviances from the book and some annoying little alterations to already perfectly written scenes from the book. Terrific acting and visuals, and lots of humor and drama.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Saw Star Trek for a second time. It was playing at this theatre where they charge $3.25. They run films after they've been in the theatre for a while and they only have 2 auditoriums.The one I was in reminded me of the big theatres of my childhood. I'm going back! It was great!

Star Trek was even better the second time. My 13 year old son hadn't seen it and he was smiling throughout the entire movie. He was trying to do the Vulcan hand gesture on the way home but he just couldn't get it.

Once again, I think it's great that this incarnation of Star Trek looks like it will entertain a new generation.

Bruno. Good for a few laughs, but I imagine its rewatchibility isn't going to be too high.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

Saw Harry Potter on Wed and The Hangover today. I liked both a lot, The Hangover esp.

Oh, yes.....I've seen several of them in the past week or so:

Easy Rider

Bonnie and Clyde

The Departed

Just saw the Hangover last weekend. The place was packed even though its been out for a while now. I loved it. Now it's one of my favorite comedies.

Harry Potter
Public Enemies

Bruno

I thought it was a very funny movie. Although I have to say what was more humorous were the 6 or 7 guys who walked out of the cinema when some of the more sexual elements of the film were on screen.

I guess some just don't have a sense of humour...

I am half agony, half hope.
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Johann von Goethe

I just saw public enemies. I wasnt really impressed but it was ok.

I saw the new documentary film The Greening of Southie the other night.
This film was an interesting documentary about a new "green" building called the MacAllen building, which was a building of expensive "green" condominiums, ranging in price from $500, 000-$2000, 000.00. The documentary involved explaining the various materials used, such as local sand, gravel, and recycled steel, and many other "green" materials. Wheatboard was used for the cabinets at first, which became problematic, since the wheatboard expanded in very humid or stormy weather, and something else had to be used instead. The floors, made of bamboo wood that had been manufactured and obtained from a manufacturer in China, began to buckle, and another manufacturer ultimately had to be used. Having green roofs, with plants on top of it, another idea, had to be redone, after the first attempt failed. Interviewing the various construction workers, as well as the planners, realtors, and other people involved in the project was quite interesting. Among the people interviewed were some of the residents of the MacAllen Building, including one young single guy who'd grown up in Southie, and, one of the construction workers involved in the project. Highly recommended for seeing, especially those who're into construction.

Since the other night was an opening night for The Greening of Southie , the director was also there in person to give a talk beforehand, and there was a good crowd in the theatre, to boot. All told, it was a wonderfully interesting evening, and well worth attending.

Happy New Year from Philly!
I saw (500) Days of Summer.

It was bittersweet. I liked it but I didn't love it. I enjoyed the little movie tributes in it. When he burst into dance after a night with Summer and another where he imagines himself in lots of depressing foreign films. I'd wait for the DVD release, but that's because I didn't laugh as much as I had hoped. I am all about the humor.

&feature=channel

I go the the theatre a lot...wayy to much actually. Recently I've seen:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bruno
The Taking of Pelham 123
The Hangover
Angels and Demons
Drag Me To Hell
Year One

and MOST recently: The Ugly Truth. Review in my sig.