Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I guess i picked a crappy theme, not too many partook in it. Oh wells, whatcha gonna do.

Anyways, Switching again to Hugh Dillon, frontman of one my favourite bands to see live. He has appeared in Hard Core Logo. Assault on Precinct 13 (the remake), Trailer Park Boys the movie, and currently appears in two Canadian Television shows, Durham County (which i think is also on HBO)
DURHAM COUNTY (2007) is an emotionally powerful, six, one-hour dramatic series that revolves around Detective Mike Sweeney and his family as he hunts a serial killer he's certain is the guy across the street. You'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the cop and the killer or between you and them. They have a shared history, one that goes all the way back to high school. You think you can leave your past behind. But you can't...

and Flashpoint.(which also appears on CBS)

He's a great interview ( one thing i should explain, as it may seem odd that in the clips of the show the cussing is beeped, is because Television programs that air at 9pm or later in Canada run uncut. Sh+t and F+ck can be uttered when presumably children are in bed. The strombo show the hour however airs at 8pm hence the beeps)

This was when Durham County was recently out

&feature=related

A great Radio interview which goes into both series, the band and work in the movies.

Continued (wasnt sure how many embedds would stick in an individual post, and i found these neat interviews while looken for tunes, had to share.)

(1993)

(1995)

(1996)

&feature=related

(2000)

(2002)

I guess i picked a crappy theme,
No way I have enjoyed it

not too many partook in it.
Quite a lot of people have dropped out recently for one reason or another so it wasn't you

PS have just sent Mrs Darcy a PM to remind her that she is next hope no one minds me doing this

I am half agony, half hope.
Am I on yet? If I'm not jumping the gun, then my theme for the week is "literature".

Any movies based on books is fair game.

My pick is Persuasion by Jane Austen.

Johann von Goethe

I'm going to start with the first thing that comes to mind: E.B. White's Charlotte's Web. I grew up with the old animated movie of this classic children's tale and always loved it. I was, however, very disappointed with the new version.

I may switch to something else later, since I've used this movie as my choice at least once before, but I've got rats on the brain at the moment (I adopted two new rats two weeks ago and am picking them up from quarantine tomorrow, yay!) so of course I had to use Templeton.

Perhaps the first novel that i read, which was about characters that were my age, facing very real situations. Was really surprised and delighted when Keifer Suthrland and Michael J. Fox were cast+ the hottie from fast times at Ridgemont High..what could possibly go wrong.

The book

The Movie ..sadly

I have no clue how to play this but here is my favorite movie based on a book.

OIL by Upton Sinclair (1927)

There Will Be Blood (2007)
This film is in my top three films of all time, and just so happens to be based on a novel.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
Awesome pick for the week, chick. I love to read and watch movies so this is an ideal theme for me.

First for the week...

I guess I could keep the same avatar from two weeeks ago for the genius theme. Even the user name matches. For the story Flowers for Algernon adapted to a film titled Charly. sorry no pics not sure how to post em. But I'm gonna go with the first thing I thought of so...

I'll go with Lord of the Flies. Also sorry I missed the musician theme i would've chose Henry Rollins or Flea maybe Steve Martin I think he may have some albums out he's a great banjo player. Anyways again no pics to go with the post maybe one day I'll just play with it and figure it out. So don't be suprised if a random pic or two just pops up in a thread. It's just me practicing. don't worry i:m not too confident