Congrats to Loner, our newest moderator

Tools    

Hey everyone.

Just a quick note: I've deputized Loner as our newest moderator. As you've all noticed, we've got spam pretty well in hand, but sometimes it still gets to sit untouched overnight when posted in the early AM hours. No huge deal, but certainly an area where we could improve a little. Loner, who's on PST and three hours later than many of us, helpfully volunteered to help in some of the trickier hours.

Many thanks to Loner for volunteering. I'm sure you'll all find him plenty fair, and I'm sure this'll help improve our spam response time for threads posted late at night for us EST and CST folks. And hopefully any MoFos closer to GMT will wake up to less spam as a result, too.

Please welcome him to the team!

Congrats Loner, thanks for fighting the good fight against the evil spammers!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
...half naked women saluting in sailor outfits.
Nothing wrong with that.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

That's all we need around here, more "authority figures".
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Semper Fooey
We'll see how good Loner is when Film Expert comes back under a new alias.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
"as of now I am in control here."

Semper Fooey
Too may moderators right now, which reminds me of a site which had more moderators than members.

It's a balancing act. We have great moderators but a few come and go quite a bit, though not to the point at which I feel it'd be appropriate to strip them of the title, obviously.

The last two moderator additions, including this one, have both been about covering certain trickier time periods, since we've been good on "general" moderators for a couple of years now. I don't expect Loner to behave too differently; it's mainly just about giving him that ability to remove spam and ban the spammers, and not really about moderating discussion or behavior or anything.

Anyway, I tend to think the results speak for themselves, spam-wise. This should do us for quite awhile, either way.

You ready? You look ready.
I reject your moderator and substitute my own!

Nah, cool news, so now when I can't sleep during school I'll have less spam to deal with: go, go gadget Loner Spam Destroyer!
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Thanks for the responses. I hope some of my vampire friends can help me during the feeding hours.