Hollywood used up the Crop of these actors until they drained!!

Tools    

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, AND I WONDER, HOLLYWOOD DID THEIR HOMEWORK OF MAKING THESE MOVIESTARS RISE BACK IN THE 70s
but how much did they drain them over the decades, and we are at a time, there are no major movie star recognition except the ones that are in their 50s
example:
Joaquin Pheonix
Denzel Washington
Keanu Reeves
Christian Bale
and very few others which can be considered as history of a great age which was the 90s,
but where are the new great faces that can be compared to : Al pacino, robert de niro, harrison ford, joe pesci, danny devito.... these faces which are the trademark of ciinema...
have your say

Hard to say. I think every generation has the "the new movie stars aren't as glamorous/impressive as the ones I grew up with" thing to some degree. I think, if anything, it's more about how health and nutrition and all that other stuff has kept a lot of movie stars seeming young and vital into their 50s, so maybe it's not a shift so much as each "generation" of stars having a longer shelf life, commercially speaking.

I'll bet some of it's just age-related myopia, though. If you asked a 23-year-old about movie stars (or any kind of star) they'd probably have a totally different perspective

Hard to say. I think every generation has the "the new movie stars aren't as glamorous/impressive as the ones I grew up with" thing to some degree. I think, if anything, it's more about how health and nutrition and all that other stuff has kept a lot of movie stars seeming young and vital into their 50s, so maybe it's not a shift so much as each "generation" of stars having a longer shelf life, commercially speaking.

I'll bet some of it's just age-related myopia, though. If you asked a 23-year-old about movie stars (or any kind of star) they'd probably have a totally different perspective
You can t just call it generation, al pacino has been acting since 1973 if im not mistaken,that s like 50 years , he s a trademark of cinema, same can be said about deniro and clint eastwood

I'm just using "generation" as shorthand. There's obviously no such thing as a "generation" in acting, regardless of specifics, since there's constantly stars fading away and new ones coming into view and it all overlaps. It's immaterial to the point, though. I'm sure some version of this happened in the past, but if you didn't live through it before it wouldn't be as obvious.

...There's obviously no such thing as a "generation" in acting, regardless of specifics, since there's constantly stars fading away and new ones coming into view and it all overlaps...I'm sure some version of this happened in the past, but if you didn't live through it before it wouldn't be as obvious.
I agree with what Yoda said there.

A good example is how all the then 'current' silent movie stars quickly faded away when sound films came out. They were replaced by a new crop of actors in the early 30s. By the late 30s a lot of these 'replacement' actors were no longer working themselves or had dropped in box office appeal considerable. The changing of the guard, so to speak, has always been going on.