Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

OK, but don't kick me out of the club I just killed some yellow jackets (wasp). They were starting to build a nest under the eve of my house. They are way to dangerous when they make a nest the size of a football and sting in mass, to let be. Indeed I got stung. Ouch....
We exterminated a nest that got into our dining room ceiling. I hate to kill a living thing, but sometimes it's necessary.

They're anything but cute. On a safari in Africa they were the animals that scared me the most -- they are beyond HUGE. ...Put me off zoos for life.
Where did I say that elephants are "cute". People need to respect their weight & size. Saw on a TV show an unfenced elephant to which you could feed bananas. Yes, its keeper was close by, but one guy let his small son give the elephant the bananas. Insanity! One swipe of its trunk could have killed the boy. People are so dumb.

Zoos are not ideal, but if a zoo can protect & breed an endangered animal, that's fine with me. Experts are saying that at the current rate, elephants could be extinct in 10 years.

What do you guys do with mosquitoes? Blow them gently away? What about fleas? Cockroaches? Head lice? As far as I'm concerned, insects aren't animals. Anything that has the temerity to think it can share my house or take a bite out of me, gets blown away asap. That includes rats...yuck!
You've told us this before. Sometimes you post simply to get a reaction. Silly.

Being a driver, I've led many a dog home after wandering into the street. Only one time did I see one get hit, a little fella jogging across the street following another dog. Thankfully, it was a very small car that hit him. It was a very busy street so I blocked it with the truck and jumped out and scooped him up. A woman also pulled over and pointed out to me that there was an animal hospital only a couple doors down. I brought him in hoping for the best. I went back about an hour later and I was so happy to hear that he was going to make it. The owners were there by then and didn't say a word to me. They probably thought that it was me who hit him.

I've tamed a couple of feral cats and found them homes. I'm still trying to catch the young girl I've been feeding for the last month. She'll be getting her shots and getting fixed soon enough.

I was watering one of my hanging plants earlier in the summer when I was startled by something falling in the mulch. It turned out there was a nest in there with three chicks not ready to fly. I scooped up the little bastard and put him back.

We exterminated a nest that got into our dining room ceiling. I hate to kill a living thing, but sometimes it's necessary.

Where did I say that elephants are "cute". People need to respect their weight & size. Saw on a TV show an unfenced elephant to which you could feed bananas. Yes, its keeper was close by, but one guy let his small son give the elephant the bananas. Insanity! One swipe of its trunk could have killed the boy. People are so dumb.

Zoos are not ideal, but if a zoo can protect & breed an endangered animal, that's fine with me. Experts are saying that at the current rate, elephants could be extinct in 10 years.
Where did I say anything was wrong with zoos? The only thing I meant was once you've seen animals in the wild, zoos are tame, boring and unexciting.

You've told us this before. Sometimes you post simply to get a reaction. Silly.
Glad you can read my mind and know exactly what I mean to do. You do seem to presume an awful lot. Byee...

Being a driver, I've led many a dog home after wandering into the street. Only one time did I see one get hit, a little fella jogging across the street following another dog. Thankfully, it was a very small car that hit him. It was a very busy street so I blocked it with the truck and jumped out and scooped him up. A woman also pulled over and pointed out to me that there was an animal hospital only a couple doors down. I brought him in hoping for the best. I went back about an hour later and I was so happy to hear that he was going to make it. The owners were there by then and didn't say a word to me. They probably thought that it was me who hit him.

I've tamed a couple of feral cats and found them homes. I'm still trying to catch the young girl I've been feeding for the last month. She'll be getting her shots and getting fixed soon enough.

I was watering one of my hanging plants earlier in the summer when I was startled by something falling in the mulch. It turned out there was a nest in there with three chicks not ready to fly. I scooped up the little bastard and put him back.

That's happened when i had a garden, baby chicks falling out of their nest, one chick had no feathers so was very young, i picked him up and put him back in the nest, think it was a blue tit cos an adult blue tit was nearby.

This story is upsetting but does have a happy ending☺.
Watching TV one night with husband we heard a commotion in the street, thought we'd better see what was going on incase i was needed professionally, we went out and a guy running past us said he needed wire cutters cos a small dog was trapped by its paw on a fence, husband ran back inside for his toolbox and i ran to the crowd of people who where by a wire fence, the dog had tried to jump this fence but being a small dog his paw got caught in the gaps and he was hung upside down, 2 guys were holding the dog up so he wasn't just dangling down, husband ran out with the toolbox and had bolt cutters and cut the dog free, he was placed down and apart from beeing a little dazed he was fine☺ his owner was in tears. That night about 10 people rescued a little dog and it was the talk of the village for months.

That's happened when i had a garden, baby chicks falling out of their nest, one chick had no feathers so was very young, i picked him up and put him back in the nest, think it was a blue tit cos an adult blue tit was nearby.
My dog kills birds that fall out of the nest. I don't know where they come from because I don't have any trees in my yard. The roof maybe?

My dog kills birds that fall out of the nest. I don't know where they come from because I don't have any trees in my yard. The roof maybe?
Maybe had a little nest up on the roof somewhere. I've seen a seagulls nest from a hotel window on a roof,it was on the opposite hotel and i could see the grey fluffy chicks walking about on the roof, their mum sat there watching them. It was great watching them.

Oldest kid found a newborn kitten under our deck once. it looked in rough shape. had been abandoned by the mother and the rest of the litter. was clearly the runt. could barely walk. it seemed to have a problem with its leg. i figured it was a developmental issue and wouldnt last the night so i said oh sure you can keep it figuring we could at least make its last few hours comfortable then bury it in the back. a week later it was tearing around the house like a missile. climbing on things and knocking them down. still have it today ten years later and its the fastest cat ive ever seen. shows how poor my medical diagnoses are...

i also keep bees. not really a rescue story but the more we do to save colonies from various issues plaguing them these days the better. and theres something about colony animals that i find really intriguing. neighbors think im nuts though out there in my big white suit surrounded by a cloud of bees...

....neighbors think im nuts though out there in my big white suit surrounded by a cloud of bees...
Just smile at them and remember how much dafter you'd look without the bees

Well done but do please at least try and house the poor thing the right way up

Truly not worth a mention, but couple of months ago I noticed a small baby bird shivering and standing motionless in the corner of the veranda. It apparently fell from a rooftop's nest, but was too little and weak to fly away. Because local cats could've easily slaughter it, I decided to catch it and have it rest in the house. I placed the bird in the small shallow bowl and gave it some water and seeds. I let her rest for day and half and than put her back in the nest from where I very likely witnessed its first flight !

I'm still trying to catch the young girl I've been feeding for the last month. She'll be getting her shots and getting fixed soon enough.
CAPTURED!

It's a lovely cat. I don't have much experience with cats, i did check one over for an elderly woman when she said her cat felt hot, i told her his ears looked a bit wet inside and it could have an ear infection, she got her daughter to take the cat to the vet and it had an ear infection and was put on medication. How long did it take to catch the cat Cricket?

Truly not worth a mention, but couple of months ago I noticed a small baby bird shivering and standing motionless in the corner of the veranda. It apparently fell from a rooftop's nest, but was too little and weak to fly away. Because local cats could've easily slaughter it, I decided to catch it and have it rest in the house. I placed the bird in the small shallow bowl and gave it some water and seeds. I let her rest for day and half and than put her back in the nest from where I very likely witnessed its first flight !
That is so sweet!

Oldest kid found a newborn kitten under our deck once. it looked in rough shape. had been abandoned by the mother and the rest of the litter. was clearly the runt. could barely walk. it seemed to have a problem with its leg. i figured it was a developmental issue and wouldnt last the night so i said oh sure you can keep it figuring we could at least make its last few hours comfortable then bury it in the back. a week later it was tearing around the house like a missile. climbing on things and knocking them down. still have it today ten years later and its the fastest cat ive ever seen. shows how poor my medical diagnoses are...

i also keep bees. not really a rescue story but the more we do to save colonies from various issues plaguing them these days the better. and theres something about colony animals that i find really intriguing. neighbors think im nuts though out there in my big white suit surrounded by a cloud of bees...
I've only ever seen one person suited up tending to his bees. Do your bees produce honey? What's the role of the queen bee?

I've only ever seen one person suited up tending to his bees. Do your bees produce honey? What's the role of the queen bee?

oh yes. more honey then I know what to do with which is why my second hobby is making mead. Its amazing the variation in taste the honey has depending on the flowers around where the hive is located. Believe it or not Avocado flowers make for some really good honey.

The queen is there to breed and make lots and lots of baby bees. you usually get a few seasons out of the queen (my current one is named "Dorothy"). A new one will be born once the old one is on its last legs generally or sometimes earlier on and the new one dispenses with the current queen and takes over. Only difference between the queens and the drones and the workers is how much royal jelly they get fed while a larva. otherwise they are all born the same.

How long did it take to catch the cat Cricket?
I've had the trap about a month but this was the 1st time she went all the way in. The lady picked her up a short time ago. They will decide if she is fit for adoption. If not, she will be returned to us with an outdoor heated cathouse.

oh yes. more honey then I know what to do with which is why my second hobby is making mead. Its amazing the variation in taste the honey has depending on the flowers around where the hive is located. Believe it or not Avocado flowers make for some really good honey.

The queen is there to breed and make lots and lots of baby bees. you usually get a few seasons out of the queen (my current one is named "Dorothy"). A new one will be born once the old one is on its last legs generally or sometimes earlier on and the new one dispenses with the current queen and takes over. Only difference between the queens and the drones and the workers is how much royal jelly they get fed while a larva. otherwise they are all born the same.
Sounds very interesting, my mum loves honey on toast, i love it on ice cream. 😋

How long did it take to catch the cat Cricket?
I've had the trap about a month but this was the 1st time she went all the way in. The lady picked her up a short time ago. They will decide if she is fit for adoption. If not, she will be returned to us with an outdoor heated cathouse.
An outdoor heated cathouse sound like the absolute ultimate home for her