Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
It was the safest bet. Rian would'a been better but I guess I can't blame him for wanting a break.

Nah. Some people might think so, like Saunch said it was the safest bet...
JJ also did a proper job on Force Awakens, so if anything, Episode 9 will be just as solid.
It may even make it feel like a full circle too if 9 has a similar vibe to 7 after what is seemingly a darker vision with Episode 8.

But, let's face it... who else is there?
And especially who else is there that would work under Disney's dictatorship?
Disney are simply a load of accountants, who meddle in departments they know little about. Seems a lot of studios are the same these days.
Look at what happened to Suicide Squad when the glorified accountants decided to put their hand to editing.

JJ has at least been there before and knows how Disney works, and Disney's suits to an extent actually trust him... and JJ has en eye for the old-style Spielberg-esque way of filmmaking.

I said from the start when Episode 7 was announced that they should get JJ on board, and I cheered when they did. I'm glad he's back tbh.

Boldly going.
Star Wars Episode 9: Return of the Star-Killer
An original and imaginative screenplay by Jar Jar Abrams

Begins with Rey and Chewy rescuing Poe from Boba Fett (who had escaped the sarlac and became the leader of a gangster organization) on Jakku. Rey returns to planet Ahch-To (gesundheit) to finish her training with Luke, but Luke reveals that her training is already complete and she must confront Kylo Ren, who is actually her brother. Luke tells her that the "Jedi must end" because they are just as dogmatic as the Sith and that she must "find balance within herself". Luke introduces her to the porgs (who look like puffins) and the chief porg, Chirp-Too. Luke also reveals that the First Order has arrived on the planet and he believes they intend on transforming it into the next Star Killer base. Luke says "farewell," then vanishes, his grey cowel falling to the floor.

yada yada

When Finn and the others arrive at Ahch-To (God bless you), they discover the planet and the Empire base (I'm sorry, First Order base) has been surrounded by a shield projected by a generator on the surface. In the process of landing, they are shot down by a First Order sentry. Soon they are captured by porgs, but Ren and Chirp-Too set them free and the porgs make Finn and the others allies.

yada yada

While Rey goes after Kylo Ren, Finn and the others attack the shield generator. Rey surrunders to the First Order and ends up in a light saber duel with Kylo Ren in front of Snoke, who is intent on bringing her to the dark side. Ren disarms her of her lightsaber, but when Snoke orders him to kill her, he refuses. Snoke and Ren then battle. The two in black mortally wound each other. Suddenly the First Order base begins to collapse. Knowing that the Rebels (correction: Resistance) have destroyed the shield and have blown up the base's reactor, Rey tries to help her brother escape, but he dies in the process.

The Resistance and the porgs dance the night away.

Can't wait.

Why are so many people hating JJ to return to the directors chair. I say wait and see episode 8 before making Johnson the better director. Also lets be clear episode 9 likely is not the last episodic installment of Star Wars. I mean Rey just got started using the force. So i say Episode 12 will likely be the series true end other then the stand alone films

Welcome to the human race...
Bruh, you already made a dozen pages worth of "Star Wars is the same" posts in that one thread. You don't need to waste time on these kinds of unnecessarily long jokes that make the exact same point you and many other people have been making for almost two years now.

Why are so many people hating JJ to return to the directors chair. I say wait and see episode 8 before making Johnson the better director. Also lets be clear episode 9 likely is not the last episodic installment of Star Wars. I mean Rey just got started using the force. So i say Episode 12 will likely be the series true end other then the stand alone films
We can extrapolate based on what both directors have done so far so it's easy to presume that the director of Looper is capable of making a better sci-fi movie than the director of Star Trek Into Darkness.

What can you do Johnson doesnt wanna do two films this large. Im very sure there are smaller projects Johnson wants to do and If episode 8 is great that we could get him back for a stand alone movie or maybe episode 10. JJ was likely given option to do 9 like Johnson only JJ maybe have been the second choice. But I personally think best outcome could have been Johnson writes episode 9 and JJ directs still. It would maybe be best outcome.

Probably, I was just answering the question about why people didn't like the prospect of Abrams returning and might prefer Johnson even without having seeing Last Jedi. At this rate, it doesn't matter who directs it since the various mix-ups with this film and the Han Solo one suggest that this is more in the hands of producers and writers than the directors themselves (and Abrams himself is involved with writing and producing so bringing him back is just killing two birds with one stone).

I really liked Force Awakens, so I am excited to see J. J. Abrams return (in spite of hating Star Trek: Into Darkness, the other sequel he's done). I haven't seen Jurassic World, but I lost confidence when Treverrow was announced due to word of mouth about it.

Loved Brick by Johnson and hope that 8 can deliver, but I do have my doubts (didn't like The Brothers Bloom myself, and didn't watch Looper as a result).

Boldly going.
Bruh, you already made a dozen pages worth of "Star Wars is the same" posts in that one thread. You don't need to waste time on these kinds of unnecessarily long jokes that make the exact same point you and many other people have been making for almost two years now.

We can extrapolate based on what both directors have done so far so it's easy to presume that the director of Looper is capable of making a better sci-fi movie than the director of Star Trek Into Darkness.
I was disappointed when I heard Abrams was attached to this project, considering how badly he messed-up Episode 7. The point of my parody was to show how easy it is to write these stories ... I whipped that up in about 5 minutes. Force Awakens was a derivative, hollow piece of garbage which showed no imagination or originality. It was also one of the most disappointing movies of the century, since fans (like myself) had waited over 30 years for a sequel.

The only thing about Last Jedi that's piqued my interest is the part in the trailer when Luke says "The Jedi must end". I'll probably catch Last Jedi in the cheap theatre after it's been out for several months.

Everybody, be sure to load up with merchandise before the movie comes out, so that you've bought into the movie even before you've seen it.

All I'm saying is that, for someone who apparently claims to hate hollow and derivative content, you certainly seem to like making the same joke over and over again.

I was disappointed when I heard Abrams was attached to this project, considering how badly he messed-up Episode 7. The point of my parody was to show how easy it is to write these stories ... I whipped that up in about 5 minutes. Force Awakens was a derivative, hollow piece of garbage which showed no imagination or originality. It was also one of the most disappointing movies of the century, since fans (like myself) had waited over 30 years for a sequel.

The only thing about Last Jedi that's piqued my interest is the part in the trailer when Luke says "The Jedi must end". I'll probably catch Last Jedi in the cheap theatre after it's been out for several months.

Everybody, be sure to load up with merchandise before the movie comes out, so that you've bought into the movie even before you've seen it.
i don t understand how would u want the force awakens to be? i loved it and i think they did great work with the story, it was very emotional aswell.

it seems there s a shocking revelation that darth sidious could still be alive.
but how coulf anyone survive that fall and explosion in the battle of endor??!!
here s the link
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...tlefront-2/amp

Boldly going.
All I'm saying is that, for someone who apparently claims to hate hollow and derivative content, you certainly seem to like making the same joke over and over again.
Well, since you're such a fan of Force Awakens, I knew you'd appreciate an encore.