Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
oooooo! I am intrigued!

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
@Sedai
WARNING: "pong ping" spoilers below
I mean, haven't you seen The Venture Bros.? ;P Seriously though, later seasons are SO GREAT!

I had never even heard it... My wife dislikes most animation, so I see very little these days.

I had never even heard it... My wife dislikes most animation, so I see very little these days.
I will say that the first season is weak in both stories and voice acting and mostly the episodes are stand alone, but once Season 2 or 3 start in with the longer arcs it becomes very tight in both humor and multiple plot lines running with season cliff hangers. I've bought friends DVD sets just to get them to watch it.

*EDIT*
That is, I bought box sets to give to my friends. I did not buy Friends box sets!

Hardest belief is Luke willing to cut down Kylo and Not Vader until vader threatened Leia. Something not quite right with Luke just deciding to murder an unarmed person in his sleep or bed.

Hardest belief is Luke willing to cut down Kylo and Not Vader until vader threatened Leia. Something not quite right with Luke just deciding to murder an unarmed person in his sleep or bed.
Mark Hamill Would agree!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Mark Hamill Would agree!
Still boils my blood that the piece of **** Assistant Director (or whoever he was) went on camera on that documentary(making of) and said "Mark Hamill is just annoyed he isn't the main hero anymore".

REALLY? Mark Hamill a 64 year old actor is just having a tantrum that he isn't the main star anymore and not because of the abomination that was Luke Skywalker in TLJ.

Biggest Issue I think was they should have done A LOTR where did all 3 movies mostly and did pick upsin between each year. One solid plot for all 3 films in a since or rather all 3 acts. If only to keep a live Carrie Fisher and needed no tricks.

The problem with Heads of Movie creative at Lucas film is Kennedy is not Dave Filoni which is he knows what George and Fan would want. Kennedy also is not Kevin Feige.

He is a Fan of Marvel characters and there is no fan running the Star Wars creative.
Should have 4 or 5 fan story people like a board that knows Star Wars. Get a Claudia Gray and Timothy Zahn. Sure get a runner on the buisness in. But George always was not just an expert in buisness but in all fazes. But even he knew and relied on others.

Welcome to the human race...
Considering what Star Wars fans are like, maybe not having them run things is a good idea.

Considering what Star Wars fans are like, maybe not having them run things is a good idea.
Im talking Pre hate era fans.

Or rather fans who liked other parts of the legends and different things as a fan. take collider, geeks and gamers and mike zeroh. Im not talking bandwagon fans.

Im talking fandom that fell in love with seeing the two ships flying over a planet and who were captavated by imagination.

When I say fans i mean those who like Star Wars but want to try new things. Die hard fans or Toxic fan who hate everything is not what I mean.

Lucasfilm needs fans of Star Wars that understand what Star Wars is. Its a serial and where Disney and Kennedy Dropped the ball was not being able to make new characters to do next generation on.

I think fandom who blindly hated Prequels can never work in the creative.

Yes not all things worked but take things that did and thats world building and Canan characters that allows you to build a deep history.

Where Rian Johnson went wrong is touching Legend or OG Characters and not knowing what to do with Poe and Finn or Snoke.

Snoke only needed a flash back of how he came into power and that he is a cripple temple gaurd or enquisitor. Flash back could have happened if cut the Gambling city some. Yes its important the poor children be shown but The whole middle of last jedi just needed edited differently and add scenes for Snoke and Luke.

Welcome to the human race...
Not just those fans, though. Even the nice ones aren't guaranteed to make something better just by virtue of being fans - there's always the conflict between what you as a fan would want to see and where the story would need to go.

Final Trailer. Not much new other than C3PO becoming a suicide bomber.

Rey and Ren seem to be having a lot of encounters in different locations, probably more like a continuation of their visions together or whatever you wanna call it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
To be honest, I'm not excited for this. Other than Solo, it's the first Star Wars movie I couldn't give a hoot about.

Suspect's Reviews

I will give JJ the benefit of the doubt here, even though I was scratching my head when I saw what appears to be Palpatine in a scene physically, even if he is more machine than man now... Fitting for the universe, I guess. JJ with another ship coming up out of ice/water, ala Star Ttek II. I thought he learned his lesson there?

meanwhile, looks like my lame possession idea couldn't have been farther off. Good thing I am not writing this stuff.

I suspect a ton of misdirection with this trailer, so I won't speculate too heavily. All will become clear this Dec 19.

I struggle to imagine any scenario where this Palpatine thing comes off being well received.

I also can't think of any trilogy or story even where the big bad is only revealed or mentioned at all in the final act.

To the whole angry fan thing, there is a position where one can be a fan, be disappointed if things do not go the direction hoped for as a fan (and honestly be OK with that), but still have legitimate issues with technical matters of history, character, story, and progression.

The trailer was better than the previous for me. It had a similar feel to the opening of The Phantom Menace trailer with Qui-Gon in the wooded area where he meets jar Jar. Not as magical, but a nice throw back to the vibe. Visuals were pretty grand showcasing some very nice environmental CGI with those crashing waves. I'm not so jazzed about horses in space, but it could be fine. Just felt out of place for a trailer. The emotional tug of C-3PO was a nice touch but ima scream if Gandalf called it right lol. I'm trying not to be cynical. I'm glad to see our heroine doing some work in the opening shots. Or running away from something. Either way. I kind of felt the "People keep telling me they know me; no one does." was a statement directed to said angry fans, but maybe I'm reading too much into it. That could be a hint that J.J. has some reveal to come for her that might counter some fan frustrations. Maybe not.

I don't want to read too much into anything or get excited, but I will see this in theater as I'm a sucker for Star Wars There is a lot of weight on this one, unfortunately. I'm not sure anything can be done at this stage of the saga to make right what so many have perceived as wrong, so neutral as we go, matey!

It had a similar feel to the opening of The Phantom Menace trailer with Qui-Gon in the wooded area where he meets jar Jar. Not as magical, but a nice throw back to the vibe.
If I had to pinpoint a single scene where Lucas stomped on the magic of Star Wars, this would be high on the list. When Qui-Gon ran into Jar Jar, I had my first inkling that something might be very, very wrong with the new Star Wars movie I was about to watch.

If I had to pinpoint a single scene where Lucas stomped on the magic of Star Wars, this would be high on the list. When Qui-Gon ran into Jar Jar, I had my first inkling that something might be very, very wrong with the new Star Wars movie I was about to watch.
You got that from the trailer of it? Or in the actual movie? Totally agree if the movie, but I remember watching that Quicktime trailer like a thousand times, spellbound and dewy-eyed for a new Star Wars movie! Totally heart broken in theater though once Jar Jar and a skipping Anakin took the stage.

Yippie!!!!

*edit*
and to be clear, it was not the meeting of Jar Jar that was magical, but the clip of Qui-Gon from the trailer only!

You got that from the trailer of it? Or in the actual movie? Totally agree if the movie, but I remember watching that Quicktime trailer like a thousand times, spellbound and dewy-eyed for a new Star Wars movie! Totally heart broken in theater though once Jar Jar and a skipping Anakin took the stage.

Yippie!!!!

*edit*
and to be clear, it was not the meeting of Jar Jar that was magical, but the clip of Qui-Gon from the trailer only!

Ah, I gotcha. Yea, I meant the film itself.

Rey has no real control over her force powers. She just does Physical Training and I think she does something wrong and people get killed.

Or she makes a decision as a leader and it goes wrong and it shakes her and she decides her power is dangerous.

All Jedi heroes has the moment in a movie where they say. I cannot do this. Rey needs this kind of moments.