Question about the plot to The Terminal (2004)?

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I enjoyed the movie but have a question about the climax.

WARNING: "SPOILERS" spoilers below
When Frank tells Victor that he can go back home now and gives him a plane ticket for the next flight, Victor then tells Frank, that he is not going to go home and is going to go to NYC instead.

But why doesn't Victor think that Frank does not want him to go to NYC? Victor gives him a free ticket on the next flight out, so Victor should probably assume that Frank is going to do all he can to get him on that plane.

So why didn't Victor just pretend to be happy to take the ticket, to go back home, but then grab his bags, and leave for NYC and walk right out the airport door after?

Also, why later on, when Frank found out that Victor had walked out to NYC, he becomes furious and chases him down, but then once he sees that VIctor is already in a taxi an gun, he smiles and forgets about him.

How is that he gets so hopping mad, then does so not care, about five seconds later?

WARNING: "The Terminal 2004" spoilers below
Don't remember that being the climax but a beautiful musical scene involving Jazz musician Benny Golson and final shot ; Tom Hanks in a cab saying 'I'm going home'.. the End..

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, I thought that the climax was the airport escape situation, and the Jazz club scene and I'm going home, was the resolution.