Which Director Appears Most in Your Collection?

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I am almost 150% certain a thread has been made about this particular topic, but after perusing the section's first 7-8 pages of threads and not being able to find one, I decided**** it and here I am! Which director appears most in your collection? And, as an added bonus, which director is most consistent, going by your collection.

I have over a quarter of a thousand films in my collection (that's weird, why don't I say I have over 250 films, sounds better?), but I have been renovating my collection. Packing the "unloved" ones into storage and keeping the films I like, allowing them to make it into heaven. Thereby, since I know the answer of this question is most likely Charles Band, I will only consider his and other people's films that fall at least slightly above the Mendoza line.

In addition, I have color coordinated some in my list and added an extra detail. The reddish colored films are the films I regard very highly and the blueish colored films are films I don't own, but am planning on buying in the near future. Woohoo, being obsessive!

1.) Christopher Nolan
-
Batman Begins
- The Dark Knight
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Interstellar (I might hold this film "very highly" as well, but I need to re-watch it, as I have only seen it in the theaters and haven't collected my thoughts on it.)
- Insomnia
- Inception

Note: Christopher Nolan is among one of the most consistent directors in my book. Almost of his films are particularly good, and, it doesn't stop with my collection, The Prestige and Memento are two films I regard highly and have been meaning to add to my collection.

2.) David Fincher
- The Social Network
- Gone Girl

Note: Fincher doesn't appear much in my collection, but I had to include him in this list. The Social Network is one of my all-time favorite films and he has a lot of other films I really enjoy and need to add to my list. Zodiac and Seven are really solid, whereas Fight Club is a great film.

3.) James Wan
- The Conjuring 2
- Saw
- Insidious

Note: James Wan might be my all-time favorite horror directors right now. Other films I'd like to add to my collection include Dead Silence and The Conjuring.

4.) Wes Craven
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- Scream
- Scream 4

Note: I need to re-watch Elm Street to see if it's really what I'd call a "great" film, but Wes was a huge part of my childhood and I love him for it. The other film I need to get of his is Scream 2 (don't like 3).

5.) Tim Burton
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
- Batman
- Batman Returns

Note: Burton's a decent director. Batman Returns might even make it into my "great" film section when I re-watch it. Another film I need to get of his that I liked is Big Fish.

6.) Martin Scorsese
- The Departed

Note: The only reason I include him is because I think he might very well end up being my all-time favorite director. The Departed is one of my favorite films, but The Aviator is also one of my favorite films. The Wolf of Wall Street is very good as well. Films like Gangs of New York and the acclaimed Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, and Goodfellas are examples of films I still haven't seen of his that I've been meaning to.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Nora Ephron.

Edit: And Richard Donner. (Nora didn't direct When Harry Met Sally... She only wrote it.)

And James Cameron.

Hitchcock by a landslide. I think I own pretty much all of his post-40s films and a lot of his earlier ones as well on DVD.

Good question... without actually going through my whole collection it very well may be Peter Jackson because of his 6 films in the LOTR and Hobbit trilogy. I also have the EE of Fellowship and Return, so if that counts then 8.

Second one is probably Edward Zwick (Glory, The Last Samurai, Blood Diamond, The Siege, Courage Under Fire, and used to own Legends of the Fall on VHS)

Pretty sure it's Hitchcock. I have The Masterpiece Collection, which is a box set of 14 of his movies, and I have North by Northwest (because whatever moron put that other collection together didn't include it).

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's Hitchcock for me as well. I don't have nearly as many as anybody else though. Others with a lot are Wilder, Eastwood, and Nolan.

I think I got more Richard Donner than any others.
Mainly because he makes movies that people don't realise he was involved with..
Goonies, Lethal Weapon 1-4, Superman 1 & 2, producer of all the X-Men movies...

Probably Christopher Nolan. I own a copy of all of his movies except The Following(which I haven't seen yet) and Insomnia.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Kurosawa: Seven Samurai, Rashomon, Hidden Fortress, Throne of Blood, High and Low, and the "Early Kurosawa" Criterion set.

I also have Hitchcock masterpiece collection which has 15 movies, but I count that as only one.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Guillermo Del Toro is inching his way up the list. I own The Devil's Backbone, Blade II, and Crimson Peak. Backbone is decent, but I didn't love it like I hoped I would. Blade II was pretty solid entertainment and Crimson Peak was very stylish and ultimately a solid work as well. As for the rest of his work, outside my collection, Pans was decent, and I liked both Hellboy films. If I find either Hellboy movies for a decent price, I'll scoop them, but I won't really search for Pan's Labyrinth.

I thing David Fincher