Paparazzi...menace or interesting?

Tools    

See, I got your point...so why ruin it by saying something juvenile? Why not just make your point? You didn't return his favor; returning his favor would've been being equally sarcastic, not calling him a name.

Yes, he can expect to get away with being sarcastic to you. We can all be sarcastic to one another. You're not exempt from this because you were in the army, or because you personally "despise" it (which is a really strange, extreme reaction to the idea). This is not a battle for your pride, or the integrity of the armed forces. If he says something sarcastic because he thinks your point about the paparazzi is going too far, there is no reason for you to think this is a frontal assault on your manhood or dignity, because it is clearly neither. He's making an argument, not challenging you to a duel.

This all might be moot, anyway, because I've re-read Loner's reply a few times, and I don't think I'd even call it sarcastic to begin with. He asked two rhetorical questions, both of which made reasonable, straightforward points. I don't see the slight here, and I don't think anyone else would unless they were already looking for them.

Thanks for these PM! I'd rep ya twice if i could!
No problem. Getting off the subject here but Charles Bronson was one of my favorite actors -- it was sad day when he left us. I still love to watch him as Cheney in Hard Times.

If anything, people like you I despise the most...self-righteous so and so!!!!@!!!

You just don't get it, nor will you ever get it. You wonder why they're so many trolls who visit this particular Website? Think about it for a moment, it may come to you between your needle point and stars wars convention.

Your happy with people that suit your point of view. I'm sure you started this forum cos' your mates got sick and tired of you wanting to discuss the finer points of civility and who has the highest I.Q? Yoda or Hawking. You really need to get out more, I'm serious. Not everything is made with angel dust and lollipop dreams. Sarcasm is the bane of my existence, and when I hear it in "real Life", which I'm sorry to say, Yoda, this is not. I will cut people down, cos' I find people who breath sarcasm useless twits who should be made to wear a charf bag.

You wonder why they're so many trolls who visit this particular Website?
I don't see any more trolls visiting here than any other website and I've been on all kinds of forums (still am): motorcycle, astronomy, soccer, birding, music. In fact, I've seen fewer trolls here.

I will cut people down, cos' I find people who breath sarcasm useless twits who should be made to wear a charf bag.
You always start the most interesting threads and are absolutely not a useless twit. I really want to read more of your thoughts on celebrities so if you could, start even more threads about the paparazzi and Angelina Jolie's weight issues. This is very important, if not the most important issue we face in the world today. I certainly hope you don't get banned in the near future.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

If anything, people like you I despise the most...self-righteous so and so!!!!@!!!
So what? Don't use other people as an excuse. You're the one who controls your behavior.

One thing that all people with temper issues seem to do is fixate on the thing that makes them mad, as if they can't be expected to control themselves while so-and-so is doing such-and-such. But they can. The non-sequitur is thinking that just because something you don't like happens, your response is justified, even if that response is extreme.

Seriously, do you think other people don't dislike or despise things? Things that you do, or that someone else does? People say things that bother me all the time, but that doesn't make it okay for me to flip out on them. We all have things we hate in other people; but not everyone uses it to excuse however they respond, dude.

You just don't get it, nor will you ever get it. You wonder why they're so many trolls who visit this particular Website? Think about it for a moment, it may come to you between your needle point and stars wars convention.
There are trolls everywhere. I don't think we have too many more than the average site, but if we do, I'd say it's because we let them hang around and give them too much attention.

Your happy with people that suit your point of view.
This is a bad joke. Do you see how often we all disagree with one another here? Seriously. I'm happy with people who don't flip their lid all the time and insult other members. If that's what you mean by my "point of view," then yeah, guilty as charged.

I'm sure you started this forum cos' your mates got sick and tired of you wanting to discuss the finer points of civility and who has the highest I.Q? Yoda or Hawking. You really need to get out more, I'm serious. Not everything is made with angel dust and lollipop dreams.
Uh-huh. Is this like that PM where you accused me of being some kind of liberal academic elitist, when I'm a conservative and didn't go to college? You clearly don't know a thing about me. This is the kind of crap people say when they don't have anything else worth saying.

Sarcasm is the bane of my existence, and when I hear it in "real Life", which I'm sorry to say, Yoda, this is not. I will cut people down, cos' I find people who breath sarcasm useless twits who should be made to wear a charf bag.
Good grief. You seem to hate sarcasm with a fervor usually reserved for pedophilia and genocide. That's freaking ridiculous, but if you want to live an enraged existence because you think of something as benign as sarcasm as some kind of war crime, that's up to you.

I've issued the warning, explained it, and you've clearly seen it, so that's all that matters.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
If I've offended anyone on this website, please forgive me.

I'm from a broken home and eat to many Twinkies.

Those have been ruled as inadmissible defense strategies. (Well, maybe the Twinkies defense, anyway.)

Seriously though Michael, I've just read this thread and Loner's post that you took off about. I couldn't see any sarcasm aimed at you at all. He made a few flip comments about what the paps report on, and pointing out what they could do if challenged by commando type security men. I was really surprised by your vehement reply. Is there some sort of cultural challenge going on here?

Semper Fooey
Seriously though Michael, I've just read this thread and Loner's post that you took off about. I couldn't see any sarcasm aimed at you at all. He made a few flip comments about what the paps report on, and pointing out what they could do if challenged by commando type security men. I was really surprised by your vehement reply. Is there some sort of cultural challenge going on here?
Australians are hot heads

No problem. Getting off the subject here but Charles Bronson was one of my favorite actors -- it was sad day when he left us. I still love to watch him as Cheney in Hard Times.
Agreed. I have that movie, and many more of his. I loooove him.

Agreed. I have that movie, and many more of his. I loooove him.
He was 55 yrs old when he made Hard Times. He still looked like his body was made from steel cables.

The trailer:

The cage fight:

I love how, 7thson, wanted the Juno thread stopped and how every member criticized him for this. I wouldn't even say I'm angry. I slept well last night, woke up and had short jog and now I'm eating my breaky. If I was a hot head I would've said a lot more than I did.

As far as my topics of choice. Well, I spoke about the Palestine crisis, and the thread had two members discussing this with me. When I wrote about Johnny Depp the members couldn't get enough. When I started a thread about films made in Australia, it fell of deaf ears. And how can someone know about every movie and its worth in the scheme of things? Sometimes I watch a movie and forget about it 10mins later, so why would I even write about it?

Am I a hot head? My previous work, if I was a hot head I'd most likely me dead now. I just get pissed with certain people on here and certain forums. An Aussie forum I'm on about sport, we get in all these heated debates, but the members don't whinge....and cry to Mommy so she can wipe the tears away. Grow a set!

I find Paparazzi to sometimes be alright, if they keep their distance. Although when they go right up to Celebs & start harassing them, that's when they really piss me off.

If I've offended anyone on this website, please forgive me.

Well, I'm offended... you didn't even offer to share your Twinkies...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Am I a hot head? My previous work, if I was a hot head I'd most likely me dead now. I just get pissed with certain people on here and certain forums. An Aussie forum I'm on about sport, we get in all these heated debates, but the members don't whinge....and cry to Mommy so she can wipe the tears away. Grow a set!
Who whined? I didn't. Loner didn't. Cait didn't. The only person who complained at all was you (about people apparently picking on you) so I have no idea who this is supposed to be addressed to.

Yes, we know you get pissed at "certain people." Those "certain people" appear to be people who make a counterargument against something you've said, act even remotely educated, or ask rhetorical questions. It's a pretty wide net.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I believe that every single line of dialogue or visual joke on "The Simpsons" offends him too, but I'd still like him to hang out if he's able to "take it".

Michael_10...menace or interesting?