Why a Director should employ an Aussie Actor?

Tools    

First off, this is not American or English bashing, just a simply explanation why Aussie actors can kick some hollywood ass.

We have a School in Australia, here is the link -http://www.nida.edu.au/ that has not only produced household names, such as Mel Gibson, Cate Blanchett and more. We have an an Industry that not only produces gritty Aussie Drama, but major studio's in Sydney and the Gold Coast, as well as, the City of Melbourne that offers landscapes similiar to those of the U.S. and Britain.

Our actors have to sound American or English if going abroad, so, if you need an actor that is Multi-Skilled? An Aussie is your Man/Woman. Our Industry does suffer for the simple reason, the big budget Hollywood blockbusters have the doh' to pay for advertising, but there are many Aussie flicks that do an amazing job with the resources at hand. This proves how proficient the Australian film Industry and all it's departments are at making films.

As for young actors, we have plenty who would work 18 hour days just to get a chance for a break in a Hollywood film, and young actors who've been on tv or film for 5 years here in Australia. So, it's not like they're new to the game, just the big Leagues.

So, why am I writing this spiel about Aussie actors and productions? It's simple really! It's untapped here in OZ! Yeah sure, we've had some great Aussie actors in the past & now that have made Hollywood their home, but, these actors aren't the best Australia has to offer...by a long shot!

Semper Fooey
Why do you feel a need to do a super PR job for everything Australian?

Semper Fooey
USA and I don't do a PR job for them. And there are other Australians here and they don't do that and folks from the UK and they don't do that.

I like some Australian actors, some American actors, and some actors from the UK, and some foreign ones too, but I have a preference for those that can speak English even with a foreign accent. A lot of good Australian actors working in Hollywood, and half the time I don't even know they are until they show up on a talk show and have that sound. A few of them have been in this country so long they seem to have forgotten their Aussie accent and sill do American

What don't you get, honeykid? I'm helping out those big budget American Film Companies. If you're hard up for some talented actors, and you don't want to stuff around with film locations and casting dilemmas, such look at what we have to offer.

How did Hugh ruin Wolverine, he'd played that character in all the X-Men series? He must've done something right. Script, script, script...that's where your anger should be directed.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think the best thing about Australian actors is that they pronounce Auckland properly, which is the same way heathen Americans pronounce Oakland. I realize that Auckland isn't in Australia but whatever...

Remember, Australia is just New Zealand's "West Island" (or so the Kiwis say... )

Hugh Jackman was just not meant for the role.. Since when is Wolverine tall handsome, well groomed gentleman...

The movie & Jackman was only a hit because people were not aware how cool the actual character is.

What don't you get, honeykid? I'm helping out those big budget American Film Companies. If you're hard up for some talented actors, and you don't want to stuff around with film locations and casting dilemmas, such look at what we have to offer.
If this site was famous for being the hangout of talent scouts and Australia was an unknown country whose actors and actresses, landscape and entertainment industry had never been seen or heard of outside of their own country, it'd make sense. But that's not the case. So, unless this is the set up for or punchline to, a joke that I'm not in on, then I don't get this thread.

Also, you should know by now that talent has practically **** all to do with who is and isn't cast in a film. Lastly, I wouldn't put forward Hugh Jackman as an example of what Australia has to offer. I've seen crayons with more charisma and personality than that man.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I think Australian directors should hire more Americans.

Carrot Top is perfectly capable of doing any of the roles performed by Yahoo Serious.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Any Aussie actor is fine by me, with one stipulation. That they never ever again utter the phrase "Shrimp on the Barbie."

Ever!

Why the hostility people? You know Aussies rule!! We are the best, and we offer the best. As for Hugh, most of you guys are in bloody high School/College or recently graduated....what the hell do you guys know about charisma? Nothing!!!

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Any Aussie actor is fine by me, with one stipulation. That they never ever again utter the phrase "Shrimp on the Barbie."

Ever!
The Shrimp on the Barbie now that's a great example.

They could have hired anyone for the role, but they choose Cheech Marin.

2nd youngest? Really, interesting. I must admit, I am very adept at hiding my age. All you have to do, make statements that elude to one's brilliance, like most gen Y's.

Semper Fooey
I don't have a problem with Aussies. I'm also probably the oldest person here. I do have a problem most of your threads seem to be unofficial promotional puff proclaiming the virtues of Australia. If you're doing it because you plan to make public relations your career in the Australia Travel Bureau, then I guess it is good training.

I think mark f is more baby boomer like me.