Shindler's List

Tools    

Before anyone tare's me a new ass, I searched for other threads with "Shindler's List" and it came up empty. So, don't blame me! Okay?

Before I start, a little history about my heritage. On my Father's Mother side, she switched from Jewish to Catholicism. What I heard she was a staunch Catholic. I don't know the circumstances of her departure from being Jewish to a Catholic, but it's always been a family secret.

I was very moved by this film, if not a little confused why in the beginning they made out Oskar Shindler to be this self obsessed narcissist, when he was actually moved by the plight of the Jewish suffering as his accountant was about to be shipped off the a termination camp. If Spielberg was trying to make a point, fine!I suppose we only care unless something is happening to a dear friend.

I'll freely admit I cried a few times, one thing I want to put out there! Do we, even the Jewish people, learn from past wrongs? Is not Palestine not a Ghetto of the 21st Century? Just because you, the Jewish people, suffered horridness acts by persons/people that despised who you were, doesn't mean you can inflict the same sought of segregation that you're doing now to the Palestinians.

I didn't means this to become a spiteful thread, but it just amazes me that a nation who suffered so much can be so callous in their approach to a country that is suffering so much hardship. I'd be f*****g angry too, if I had to deliver goods from a bloody tunnel because all 4 to 12 road blocks won't allow mobile phones through. The Jewish people, please! Think about the price you paid, and start looking at the bigger picture.

I, as a Catholic Australian start to wonder, all these Movies made about the injustices and terrible acts upon the Jewish people, and then I hear on the news, how Israel Commando's will storm a ship delivering vital needs to Palestine.

Do we ever learn from history? F*** NO!

Before anyone tare's me a new ass, I searched for other threads with "Shindler's List" and it came up empty. So, don't blame me! Okay?
That's because it's spelled Schindler's List. Here's the thread:

Schindler's List

I'll copy this post into that thread and edit out the quote above.

A system of cells interlinked
Definitely a thread for this film already - the reason it didn't come up in search is because the title of the film is not spelled correctly...

Here are three Schindler's List threads

If you would like, I can merge this over to Viddy's thread to continue discussion there.