Angelina Jolie, too skinny!

Tools    

Wow youre wrong. Do you feel a sense of strength watching your mother get old? Are you invigored as a man when you see your wife or lover age, and ? If you wish to test your comment in any sociological test youd find your theory flawed. Really thats a good thing though nobody would want to be right about something like that
To answer your questions: yes and yes.

I would still have sex with her. And all of you would to. And that's what the real issue is.
The real issue is that we & the Media seem to think her appearance should be celebrated as some sought of God like figure.

I watched an Australian show recently that had minor celebrities discussing the most beautiful people in Hollywood. Angelina was in their top 3 most beautiful people, though the only aesthetic feature they could come up with was her lips. Does that tell you something? They also commented on her past liaison with Billy bob and the kiss with her brother, and her reported bi-sexuality, that doesn't mean she's some goddess in the sack. All it means, she's been around the block.

I would still have sex with her. And all of you would to. And that's what the real issue is.
No it isnt its if shes too skinny! Heck Brad Pitts having sex with her, but if he didnt know her and never met her I doubt hed leave Jennifer Aniston for her today. Not for someone so boney & skinny. ayiyi!

You just can't be satisfied.

No its not about satisfaction or desire. Its a physical display of drug addiction where someones body is cannibalising itself and the hollywood glam machine has conditioned enough of the mainstream to still believe shes "hawt'". A argument on the innerworkings of the male mind is so way off topic

No. None of my positions can satisfy you. First you criticize me for being sexist. Then you criticize me for being feminist.

Please just stop criticizing me, and leave me alone.

Semper Fooey
No its not about satisfaction or desire. Its a physical display of drug addiction where someones body is cannibalising itself and the hollywood glam machine has conditioned enough of the mainstream to still believe shes "hawt'". A argument on the innerworkings of the male mind is so way off topic
There is no evidence she is currently taking drugs.

No. None of my positions can satisfy you. First you criticize me for being sexist. Then you criticize me for being feminist.

Please just stop criticizing me, and leave me alone.
Buddy Im not picking on you and dont appreciate you attempting to make it look like I am to gain sympathy. If this conversations too strongly worded or something for you please dont share your opinions lest the commentary crush you entire.

Lets get this thing back on track...

Before

Now

See Will the evidence is right before our eyes. Cmon now she has a long history of addiction. Heck the girl was married to Billy Bob Thornton! People knew Whitney Houston was on cocaine looong before she admitted it because her behavior and weight loss was indicative to it. Not trying to sound haughty with my opinion just it all adds up is all

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
She definatly looked better afew years ago when she wasnt so skinny IMO

If I had to choose, I'd rather be too skinny, instead of too heavy. I'm simply saying that she's too skinny.
Both are not healthy

Nice image. However, if you could tell me where I failed specifically. Unless "fail" means you disagree.

You of all people should know what it feels like to present a radical stance.
It would seem that I do know what it's like to present a radical stance, but I really don't. The thing is, I (usually) think that I'm putting forward a straight forward, common sense pov. It's isn't until everyone jumps on the WTF bandwagon that I discover that, maybe, people see things differently on said point.

I guess I said "Fail" in both meanings. I do disagree, but I also can't see or think of any substanciating factors for this, beyond the perverse (and, by perverse, I mean outside the usual boundries):

If there isn't enough of a biological difference, and let's be honestly, there isn't. Our bodies can do practically anything. The idea of a skinny, emaciated woman is attractive precisely in order to advance an artificially normalized biological difference. It pleases men to see women in a state of withering away, because it naturally reaffirms their perceived physical and emotional dominance.
Unless I'm completely misunderstanding you (which is possible, as I've already explained) you think that's little to no difference between the male and female body (which is wrong all the way down to a molecular level) and that we (as men) find underweight/skinny/emaciated women attractive as it excenuates our own form. Added to this, you say that men like to see woman withering away because, again, it gives us a perceived physical and emotional dominance. I would like to hear some more about this, because it's so far from how I feel and what I think that it's completely alien to me. But then, I figure you're trolling, so I won't bother.

There's a good amount of truth in TONGO's "addiction" angle. She does look like someone who's got a problem. Now, whether she has or not is a different matter, but she does 'look' like someone who has and, with her history of addiction and the pressure to look a certain way (especially someone of her stature in Hollywood) I wouldn't be surprised at all if she has a spell in hospital with "exhaustion" sometime soon.

However, there's a few key facts which need to be put forward. Firstly, she's 35 years old and, not just any old 35 year old, she's Hollywood 35. That's a lot of aging. Secondly, those 'before' pics were taken when she was 25-30, that's a lot younger. Thirdly, she's had children. Fourthly, a lot of photos taken from the side show just how thin these women actually are. Fifthly being skinny isn't the same as being unhealthy, it can be an indicator but one doesn't necessarily follow to the other.

Finally, 5 years ago this woman was the sexiest woman in Hollywood, and the same is true today.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Whether she is at her current weight, or 20lbs heavier, she is still absolutely gorgeous and I would not hesitate to use her underwear to make soup.

I would love to know how you getting banned fits into this. Because I'm a mod that defended another mod?

I only moderate spammers, and those who break the rules. I was treating you as I would anyone else in real life. If I think someone's rude to a friend, myself, or pretty much anyone, for that matter, I'll say something to them. Just because I'm a mod, doesn't mean I lose that right. Caity is easily one of the sweetest people on this board, and it seemed to me you were being rude to her with your reply. Then again, there was nothing wrong with my first reply.

That's a little hard to do when I can't do or say the exact same thing someone else does.
It fits in because I'm telling you quit blatantly I'l do what I want as-long as I'm here. I guess I just assume you'l have a problem with that.

I appreciate you have the rite to step in and defend a friend (being a mod doesn't change that) but your analyses of the situation was just incorrect (thus why I have a problem with your reaction).

Forget every post after you telling me to "watch my attitude" following a comment you deemed to be sarcastic and rude "thanks for your opinion" which was in fact not sarcasm atoll, therefore you grabbed the wrong end of the stick. I'm not rude, your ignorant. Not once did I step on anyone else's opinion, I simply stated that by quoting me as saying she is to skinny, it didn't feel like he was saying, 'in my opinion' it felt like he was saying your wrong and I'm correct.

Originally Posted by planet news
If there isn't enough of a biological difference, and let's be honestly, there isn't. Our bodies can do practically anything. The idea of a skinny, emaciated woman is attractive precisely in order to advance an artificially normalized biological difference. It pleases men to see women in a state of withering away, because it naturally reaffirms their perceived physical and emotional dominance.

Originally Posted by yoda
Not that liking skinny women requires much of an explanation; if a guy likes women a little on the heavier side, nobody feels the need to find an insulting psychological stereotype to explain it, even though being heavy isn't healthy, either. It's only worth trying to explain if it sits at either extreme.
Exactly

Oh and Tonga, thanks for the negative reps, not once but twice because my opinion doesn't match yours.<< This is sarcasm, just for you Des.

No need to stir the pot even more, TNBT. I don't see the point of this "I'll say whatever I want" stuff unless you're just trying to be defiant for its own sake.

As for sarcasm; when people "thank" each other in the middle of a disagreement, it always sounds sarcastic, unless you make a specific point to say it isn't. Anyone, in my opinion, would've treated that part as sarcastic. And if they didn't, the fact that your initial reply to Cait started with "Defined by you? Listen, buddy..." should seal it. You don't think that was kind of confrontational? Especially when that post just ended up saying "well, that's your opinion, which isn't truth"? You got mad at Destiny for saying this exact same thing back to you, for crying out loud, and Cait doesn't need to be reminded of the difference between facts of opinions. Acting as if she does is a little presumptuous.

I guess what I'm saying is: your first response was surprisingly defensive, a little condescending towards Cait, and your subsequent replies sure sounded sarcastic, so you shouldn't be surprised at the responses that followed. At all.

ANYWAY, to get back on topic: the evidence for drugs is having a history of it, and if I'm remembering correctly, there not really being much evidence of rehab. I think Dr. Drew pointed something like this out; that she was almost certainly using heroin, but doesn't seem to have undergone treatment. People don't just walk away from this stuff on their own very often.

So, it's a little on the presumptuous side, but there's plenty of reason to think it might be happening.

Now, it's about to sound like I'm arguing the other side again...

My counterexample are most models and their required weight. Why? It's freakish, totally unhealthy looking, and saddening. I wonder if that's true about a skinny woman being a sign of status. I feel like most women can easily reject that kind of body image. Don't start insulting the other side now.

Being heavy is sorta healthy though. It means you have a lot of food around, and thus so will your children. You won't go hungry. From the evolutionary standpoint, seeking out the heavy gals/guys seems like the way to go. The excess is only evident psychologically, I claim.
Sure, weight has evolutionary value to a point. This is probably why men like curvy women fairly often, and why they tend to prefer larger breasts. But of course, breast implants cheat this instinct, so that we can get one thing we instinctively like (thin women) with another thing we instinctively like (large breasts).

But really, this entire conversation changes depending on what we mean by "skinny." If we just mean an overly thin woman who's a famous actress, that's one thing. If we're talking high fashion models, obviously it's a whole different ballgame, and not something that I find attractive at all. I think there's probably been some cross-talk on this front in regards to the word "skinny" and just what it means.

No need to stir the pot even more, TNBT. I don't see the point of this "I'll say whatever I want" stuff unless you're just trying to be defiant for its own sake.

As for sarcasm; when people "thank" each other in the middle of a disagreement, it always sounds sarcastic, unless you make a specific point to say it isn't. Anyone, in my opinion, would've treated that part as sarcastic. And if they didn't, the fact that your initial reply to Cait started with "Defined by you? Listen, buddy..." should seal it. You don't think that was kind of confrontational? Especially when that post just ended up saying "well, that's your opinion, which isn't truth"? You got mad at Destiny for saying this exact same thing back to you, for crying out loud, and Cait doesn't need to be reminded of the difference between facts of opinions. Acting as if she does is a little presumptuous.

I guess what I'm saying is: your first response was surprisingly defensive, a little condescending towards Cait, and your subsequent replies sure sounded sarcastic, so you shouldn't be surprised at the responses that followed. At all.
For the sake of principle in fact. I'm not going to be told to can it on a discussion forum. If my opinion offends anyone. Ignore me.

We weren't in the middle of an argument atoll, after making my point that everyones entitled to there opinion I stated "thanks for your opinion" in response to "as far as I can see . . . She's too skinny." as a way of reinforcing my statement, sarcasm at that point would have contradicted the concept that I had just stated myself.

"Defined by you? Listen, buddy..." Yoda, your perspective on my tone is entirely your choice, I can only apologise that people are misunderstanding my mentality.

I didn't get mad at her for saying the same thing back to me..... as I responded then "I didn't try to erase anyones opinion by quoting a members post and contradicting them." therefore her statement was true, but didn't need to be said to me.

My continued involvement in this thread is based on presumptuous about me and my demeanour.

For the sake of principle in fact. I'm not going to be told to can it on a discussion forum.
I don't know what you're on about here. We have a moderator warning you because they feel you're being rude to another moderator (and friend). This doesn't necessitate that you re-assert your right to free speech.

If my opinion offends anyone. Ignore me.
It's a discussion forum. If someone disagrees with you, or is offended by you, they're probably going to say so. And then a discussion ensues.

We weren't in the middle of an argument atoll, after making my point that everyones entitled to there opinion I stated "thanks for your opinion" in response to "as far as I can see . . . She's too skinny." as a way of reinforcing my statement, sarcasm at that point would have contradicted the concept that I had just stated myself.
It was clearly in the context of a disagreement. She thought it was sarcastic, and I did, too. It sounded sarcastic. If you say it wasn't meant to be sarcastic, that's great, but you really shouldn't be surprised that some people felt it was.

"Defined by you? Listen, buddy..." Yoda, your perspective on my tone is entirely your choice, I can only apologise that people are misunderstanding my mentality.
You really don't see how "Listen buddy" is condescending, particularly in the middle of expressing a disagreement? If you don't, I doubt I can explain it. But I'll try: for one, Cait's a woman. For another, I don't think you know her well enough to call her "buddy." And for another, I don't think I've ever heard anyone use the phrase "buddy" like that in a benign way. And, again, it's presumptuous to assume that she needs to be reminded that she's issuing an opinion.

I didn't get mad at her for saying the same thing back to me..... as I responded then "I didn't try to erase anyones opinion by quoting a members post and contradicting them." therefore her statement was true, but didn't need to be said to me.
Just like your statement to Cait was true (it's just her opinion), but didn't need to be said to her (because she undoubtedly knows it). So, you're upset with Destiny for directing an obvious comment towards you, which is exactly what you had done to Cait. That's the contradiction.

My continued involvement in this thread is based on presumptuous about me and my demeanour.
I don't know what this means, but if it means you won't be posting on this topic any more, so be it. There's not a lot left to accomplish here. I think you've behaved a little condescendingly and very defensively, and you either see that or you don't, I suppose.

It fits in because I'm telling you quite blatantly I'll do what I want as-long as I'm here. I guess I just assume you'll have a problem with that.

I appreciate you have the right to step in and defend a friend (being a mod doesn't change that) but your analysis of the situation was just incorrect (thus why I have a problem with your reaction).

Forget every post after you telling me to "watch my attitude" following a comment you deemed to be sarcastic and rude "thanks for your opinion" which was in fact not sarcasm at all, therefore you grabbed the wrong end of the stick. I'm not rude, your ignorant Dude youre funny. Not once did I step on anyone else's opinion youre outright lying, I simply stated that by quoting me as saying she is to skinny, it didn't feel like he was saying, 'in my opinion' it felt like he was saying your wrong and I'm correct.

Oh and Tonga, Tongo lol not being able to spell Tongo lol thanks for the negative reps, not once but twice because my opinion doesn't match yours.<< This is sarcasm, just for you Des.
Your welcome. Im not falling for your "oppressed voice" angle either. You were the one that started originally commenting on others opinions/posts in this thread, and youre crying to cosmetically change that fact. FAIL! You should seriously reread the thread and order in which things happened then apologize.

Honeykid disagreed with me and gave real counterpoints without all the whiny drama. The moderators here are extremely patient and fair maybe even to a fault at times. If you believe otherwise then I hate to tell you that perception wont change. Why? Because they arent doing anything wrong in the first place. The only wrong being done is you and Planet News attempting to turn this thread topic into your apparent "rage against the machine" fiction.

Sheesh wheres Holden when you need him?! Anyway in all honesty I cant think of any more points to bring up that Jolie's too skinny.