Words that describe Mel Gibson....you can only pick one!

Tools    

*sigh*

I am SO tired of all the Mel Gibson bashing.

I am not exactly following this story completely, but my feeling is... is he really the only human being on this planet that gets loud and angry? How do we know that this woman (his wife/ex-wife/mistress?) didn't do something that really pissed him off? Women CAN be monsters too, you know. It's quite possible that she knowingly did things to mess with his head. All this crybaby stuff about, "Oh, poor woman! Oh, the poor children!" Please. This is a family drama and Mel Gibson isn't the only player here.

I'm not quite sure if I'd like Mel Gibson in person, but I do like many of his movies, and of course I also think he used to be quite a stud. If all he wants is for you to just smile and blow him, I say, HEY, it's Mel Gibson, I'd do what he says.

I do not really know mel g. good but i think Sexy Celebrity really made a point, but i still think mel went off the wrong edge of the pool, he could of handled it differently instead of saying mean remarks to that nasty Russian girl but if he did not say those remarks he could still have a good career but i think the way he dealt with it was wrong. but since he has been in the movie business he might turn it around but if i hear of no new projects for him i wont be surprised.

And The One Word For Him Is: Confused.

I just don't see how cussing at someone very loudly makes you one of the worst kind of creatures on Earth. I'm not exactly sure what went down -- I know this Mel Gibson thing is happening, but I haven't researched it well enough -- but unless Mel beat the crap out of this woman or killed her, what is the big deal? Has nobody here ever mouthed off at anyone? Are all of y'all's lips sealed as tight as Geena Davis' in Beetlejuice?

Not that I condone verbal abuse or anything, but sometimes it's not a bad idea to vent out all kinds of frustrations on someone, especially if they have done something to warrant it, which maybe this woman did do. Poor Mel Gibson -- an angry, drunken rant gets him ostracized. Personally, I find it makes him kinda hotter -- admit it, y'all just love Mel Gibson. You wish you all had the mouth he has -- meanwhile, Mel's wishing he just had a mouth, preferably a smiling one.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Mel needs someone to slap some sense into him, like The Godfather when he grabbed Johnny Fontaine and told him he's a baby for marrying a hooker and then crying about how she treats him.

Anarchist within reason
KERazy
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

~Loves a good classic movie~
If he had an issue with this woman, he should have let his lawyer handle it.
I get so tired of some people who look the other way when someone is being
abused, physically or verbally, by someone more powerful than they are. No
amount of talent or popularity should be used as an excuse to over look Gibson's
behavior. I never heard him deny hitting her when she had their baby in her
arms. Instead, I heard him say that she deserved it. Did their baby deserve it?
No one is above the law and human decency.

Semper Fooey
If he had an issue with this woman, he should have let his lawyer handle it.
I get so tired of some people who look the other way when someone is being
abused, physically or verbally, by someone more powerful than they are. No
amount of talent or popularity should be used as an excuse to over look Gibson's
behavior. I never heard him deny hitting her when she had their baby in her
arms. Instead, I heard him say that she deserved it. Did their baby deserve it?
No one is above the law and human decency.
There is an allegation the tapes have been doctored. While I doubt the profane racist remarks are phony, if the tapes have been messed with, it would be very easy to edit out comments denying he hit the baby and taking the "she deserved it' comment from another part of the tape and putting it there. I'm not saying that's what happened, but at this point until the tapes are authenticated or Gibson adknowlegeges he made those remarks we have to give the Anti-Semite the benefit of the doubt.

'MORE POWEFUL THAN THEY?" So if it is the woman doing the verbal abuse, it's okay?

I've never been impressed with this verbal abuse nonsense. People argue all the time. Verbal abuse, which is basically talking or yelling harshly, is not a crime as is physical abuse. Yeah, he sounds really bad on the tape and she knows the tape is on, but how do we know if the tape wasn't on she wouldn't be giving it right back to him good?

One of the best pictures of Mel ever. How can you not forgive that? Send that guy to my house to cuss me out. I won't call the cops, unless they wanna join us.

Semper Fooey
But, Sexy Celebrity, you won't have any fun with Mel at your house.

Mel Gibson, Circa 1992, “Refuses to Apologize to Gays” By Rex Wockner
Published: August 17, 2006

Gibson’s Mad Max made him a gay icon, until...Once a Bigot, Always a Bigot?
In 1991, actor Mel Gibson made some pointedly homophobic slurs directed at gay men. Reporter Rex Wockner filed this story in early 1992.
Actor Mel Gibson, speaking Jan. 21 [1992] on ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America,” refused to apologize to gay men, who he ridiculed late last year in an interview with the Sunday magazine of Spain’s largest newspaper, El Pams.
“I don’t think there’s an apology necessary, and I’m certainly not giving one,” Gibson said. “[Those remarks were a response] to a direct question. If someone wants my opinion, I’ll give it. What, am I supposed to lie to them?
“The other thing is, it was translated from English to Spanish, back from Spanish to English, then used by [columnist] Liz Smith [who received the story from this reporter] out of context in her article,” Gibson said. “It’s old news, really old news.”
The Spanish-to-English translation was done by this reporter, who speaks Spanish, and by a professional translator who emigrated from Cuba.
The “Good Morning America” interviewer pressed Gibson, “Are you saying to me that you did not make any antigay statements at all?”
Gibson responded: “I didn’t lie. Put it that way. ... Liz Smith seems to be violating my right to have an opinion. I have a right to an opinion.”
Robert Bray, spokesman for the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, was livid at Gibson’s new statements.
“And I have a right to respond to Mel Gibson’s antigay defamation,” Bray said. “He can kiss my queer ass. He can’t defame gays and then try to wiggle out of it by blaming the translation. And he’s not even denying he made the statements. He’s saying he has a right to his opinion.
“Gay fans of Mel Gibson need to throw away their ‘Mad Max’ tapes and stop going to his movies until he stops defaming gay people,” Bray said.
In the original interview, in the Dec. 1 issue of the El Pams Sunday magazine, Gibson was directly asked his opinion of homosexuals. He responded, “They take it up the ass.”
According to El Pams, he laughed, got up, bent over, pointed to his butt, and continued, “This is only for taking a ****.”
(“Que les den por el culo.” Gibson se rme, se levanta, pone el trasero en pompa y se lo seqala. “Esto es sslo para hacer caca.”)
The interviewer recalled that Gibson previously had expressed fear people would think he is gay because he’s an actor. He responded: “With this look, who’s going to think I’m gay?
“I don’t lend myself to that type of confusion. Do I sound like a homosexual? Do I talk like them? Do I move like them?”
(“?Quiin va a pensar que con esta pinta soy ‘gay’? Yo no me presto a ese tipo de confusiones. ?Sueno como un homosexual? ?Hablo como ellos? ?Me muevo como ellos?”)
Gibson also told El Pams that he quit the Catholic Church because it has become too liberal and that, “God is the only one who knows how many children we should have, and we should be ready to accept that.”
(“Dios es el znico que sabe cuantos hijos debemos tener y debemos estar dispuestos a que vengan.”)
—Translation assistance: Eduardo Aparicio.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I thought that it's been shown that sometimes you CAN actually teach an Old Dog some new tricks.

Seriously is anyone getting sick of these tapes. I mean every damn Entertainment show is devoted to these foul mouthed tapes arguing back and forth. How much more do we really need to hear of this crap?

Yes, I would --- I'd just have to invite him over for drinks.

Seriously is anyone getting sick of these tapes. I mean every damn Entertainment show is devoted to these foul mouthed tapes arguing back and forth. How much more do we really need to hear of this crap?
Watching the entertainment shows. That's your first problem. The solution is to stop watching the entertainment shows. You'll find that you stop hearing about it quite quickly.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Watching the entertainment shows. That's your first problem. The solution is to stop watching the entertainment shows. You'll find that you stop hearing about it quite quickly.
Agreed! I never watch entertainment shows and I've heard hardly anything about this whole Mel Gibson fiasco!