Words that describe Mel Gibson....you can only pick one!

Tools    

Semper Fooey
&feature=PlayList&p=B5B7264AFA7B3523&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=2

Mmmmmm, OK. THAT was wonderful. Click the link below for the recut trailer with phone rants rather than Sinatra...

What Fu*king Women Want recut
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bet the Aussies are glad they don't have to actually claim him...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Boy, poor Mel really was set-up.

I can't wait until we see the context that makes screaming at the top of one's lungs "YOU SHOULD JUST FU*KING SMILE AND BLOW ME!!!" to the mother of one of your children not such an awful thing. I mean, we've all done it, yeah? Perhaps one day we'll find the unedited portion where Oksana prompts him by asking first, 'Should I just fu*king smile and blow you, because I'm a useless c*nt?' If so, then yes, he was set-up. Anything less that that...please. Ever hear the phrase 'you can't cheat an honest man'? Well, you can't cause somebody who isn't full if that kind of vile and temper and nastiness to let it rip and somehow blame the recipient.

My personal favorite is, and again screaming as loud as he can like a mental patient, "I need a WOMAN, not a FU*KING LITTLE GIRL WITH A FU*KING DYSFUNCTIONAL C*NT. I need a FU*KING WOMAN. I don't need medication. YOU need a FU*KING BAT TO THE SIDE OF YOUR HEAD! All right? How about that? You need a fu*king doctor. You need a fu*king brain transplant. You need a fu*king...you need a FU*KING soul."

Oh dear... I guess I'm really going to have to listen to those damn tapes now...

Seriously though, from what little I have heard of them... and if they haven't been doctored... he is in need of a serious arse whipping...

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Wait a sec. I thought you could only use one word, and I recall your using one on the first page. HA!

I don't think anyone's suggesting that they were "taken out of context." They're suggesting that they were faked or doctored somehow.

I don't think they were, but that appears to be the claim.

I don't think anyone's suggesting that they were "taken out of context." They're suggesting that they were faked or doctored somehow.

I don't think they were, but that appears to be the claim.
I think the claim, and the variance in her audio quality vs. his makes it quite plausible, is that her calm, measured responses to his tirades were not her original comments. Quite possible, and I certainly wouldn't admit them, as is, into a custody hearing, you'd definitely want to have experts determine if those are in fact her original tracks.

But this, 'he was set-up' crap is just ridiculous. It's the Mayor Marion Berry defense. After being caught on video camera smoking crack with a prostitute in a hotel room, his first public comment was, and I quote, "The bitch set me up." Indeed. If you mean that there was a recording device there that you didn't know, you betchum. But if you mean that without her you would have been in church instead of trying to score pu*sy and cocaine, well, no, that ain't gonna fly. Would Mel have tried to control his temper and choose his words more carefully if he knew he was being recorded? Probably... although from the available evidence of the last few years, finding a personal filter doesn't seem to be something he's been interested in, be it alcohol, a bad relationship or whatever in the fart his inner demons and prejudices are.

As I say, unless there's some additional audio of her somehow baiting him into it, using the same language before he does to try and get him to explode with those or similar profanities and insults, it's clearly indefensible. And no matter what anybody thinks of him as an actor or director or whatever, as a fellow human I don't see how it is even the slightest bit forgivable. If it was your next door neighbor instead of a celebrity you'd be appalled, and rightly so.

But please, if Will or somebody else would like to elaborate on how he was set-up, I'd be amused to hear it.

Well, first thing's first: all this is assuming it's his voice. I think it is, but I don't know what Gibson's lawyer is going to end up saying here. Perhaps they'll dispute that it's him at all. That'd be one way the tapes could be "faked" and Gibson could actually walk away from this unscathed.

If it is him (and, again, I think it is), then you're right, it's unforgivable. At that point it becomes a matter of degree: if he just said them, that's mind-blowingly awful. If he said them in the heat of the moment, it's slightly less mind-blowingly awful. If what we're hearing is one side of an absolute, drag-out, drop-dead hateful screaming match between the two after some kind of terrible indiscretion, then it gets a little less awful still. We're parsing degress of heinousness at this point, but it all matters, particularly whereas PR is concerned. There are ways this could have gone down that are the difference between him never working prominently again, and maybe working prominently again, so it's an important distinction.

The really tricky thing would be how to react to the idea that someone had, indeed, spliced her calm comments in with his angry ones. On one hand, as you say, this stuff is beyond the pale no matter what kind of fight they were having. On the other hand, you have to wonder who would be trying to make it look even worse, and why. This, of course, is the kind of thing a good lawyer can make a ton of hay out of: focusing on the people out to get Gibson, while subtly ignoring the fact that he still said those things.

@ceege, I'm not defending Mel Gibson or the Catholic religion, but there are fanatical Baptists, Muslims, Jewish, Hindu's, and even Buddhist, many other break away religions as well. Mel Gibson's uses religion as a cop out, he is no more religious than some plain old alcoholic.

Semper Fooey
If you go back at all my posts on this thread you'll see I am not defending him. I wasn't a Mel Gibson fan even before this after his anti Semite rant and don't feel a bit sad he has probably torpedoed his career for good. But to be fair to him I question if a man who has been married for many years suddenly viciously attacks a woman as is alleged on this tape and he appears to admit to it. Maybe he did. But he frequently calls her a gold digger and maybe he has reason for thinking that and this taping was part of that process. She is calm and consistently sympathetic, but even if her comments haven't been doctored we don't know what she may have said before the tape starts that set him off. I assume she knows him well enough to know what buttons to hit to set him off. That's what I meant by set-up. But that doesn't excuse the language coming out of his mouth. He is an angry, verbally abusive, disturbed, vulgar, and hateful man and and the idea he considers himself to be deeply religious is a joke.

@ceege, I'm not defending Mel Gibson or the Catholic religion, but there are fanatical Baptists, Muslims, Jewish, Hindu's, and even Buddhist, many other break away religions as well. Mel Gibson's uses religion as a cop out, he is no more religious than some plain old alcoholic.
What do you think his Catholic Church that he built(Clery & Congregation) is thinking about his foul language and all this. Or do they just keep going and just remain happy that they get his huge 10% tithe each week. Oh wait he is out of F****** $$$$$.

@Juno, I'm not familiar with this church, but I'm sure they're not happy, though these days many churches have to be run like a business. So, when one of your biggest contributers may pull out, you keep tight lipped.

I'm no religious freak, trust me! My point was, many people from all different religions hide behind their "faith", when they should admit their wrong doing. A lot of Catholics though, only fear God, and nothing else. Much like other religions. You never hit a woman, if he did, well, he should serve time. As for verbal tirades over the phone with your ex.....that's life!

@Juno, I'm not familiar with this church, but I'm sure they're not happy, though these days many churches have to be run like a business. So, when one of your biggest contributers may pull out, you keep tight lipped.

I'm no religious freak, trust me! My point was, many people from all different religions hide behind their "faith", when they should admit their wrong doing. A lot of Catholics though, only fear God, and nothing else. Much like other religions. You never hit a woman, if he did, well, he should serve time. As for verbal tirades over the phone with your ex.....that's life!
I totally agree. No one should ever hit a woman and he should get his own for that.

Semper Fooey
I don't know what to believe at this point and don't know how accurate this information is. I'm not going to comment anymore unless I have a better understanding what is going on. I also read Gibson's ex wife has met with investigators from the County Sheriff's office and has said Gibson is not a physical abuser.

Oksana Grigorieva’s $10 million extortion plot against Mel Gibson backfires

July 16, 7:22 PMCelebrity Infidelity Examiner

$10 million extortion plot by Mel Gibson's Russian mistress,
Oksana Grigorieva, backfires. This celebrity mistress could
face felony charges. Photo: AP file

Oksana Grigorieva’s plot to extort over $10 million from Mel Gibson has backfired and could very well land her in jail.
This was clearly not what the Russian-born celebrity mistress had in mind when she requested a multimillion dollar hush money payoff from Mel Gibson in return for not exposing damaging audio tapes.
TMZ reports Mel Gibson’s lawyers plan to meet with Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies, to present evidence of Oksana Grigorieva’s alleged extortion.
Incriminating e-mails and other physical evidence will be turned over to the authorities, in an effort to get the Sheriff’s Department to launch a criminal investigation.

Oksana could also face felony charges for illegally recording her conversations with Mel Gibson without his consent. (California is a two-party state – meaning the law requires both parties involved to consent to the recording of a conversation)

Fake Evidence Against Mel Gibson
Oksana Grigorieva may have compounded her troubles by making false statements and submitting fake or manufactured evidence.
According to ABC News, and CBS News Correspondent Ben Tracy, Mel Gibson’s attorneys say the recorded conversations between Mel and Oksana released this week, appear to have been altered. Forensics experts agree.

Forensic audio experts who examined the recordings on behalf of HollywoodLife.com believe the audio recordings have been tampered with. They appear to have been edited by someone to remove parts of conversation, and piece together phrases to make the recordings sound real.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the latest piece of “evidence” presented by Oksana Griegorieva, is a photo of dental damage she ostensibly sustained after Mel Gibson allegedly punched her in the mouth while she was holding their 8-month daughter in her arms.
The photo of Oksana posted on Radar Online’s website does indeed show damage to two of Oksana’s front teeth. But the damage may have been self-inflicted.
According to the Los Angeles Times, sources familiar with the Oksana’s dental charts, photos and exam, told TMZ that Dr. Ross Sheldon (her dentist) found no evidence of a direct blow to Oksana’s face.
Experts who analyzed the photos believe that due to a lack of soft tissue damage, Oksana’s injuries are inconsistent with being punched in the mouth.

Oksana Grigorieva and other Celebrity Mistresses have Ulterior Motives
In one of the recorded conversations released this week, Mel tells Oksana he’s already spent $5 million on her, and calls her a “gold digger.” Judging from the media reports on this situation, that certainly seems to be the case.
Oksana appears to have gone to great lengths to gather or manufacture incriminating evidence against Mel Gibson either for the purpose of revenge, and/or personal financial gain. See Did Mel Gibson Cheat on his Russian Mistress, Oksana Grigorieva with a Polish Mistress? and
How Betrayed Wives and Other Infidelity Victims Get Revenge on their Cheating Mates
Most celebrity mistresses don’t initiate affairs with their famous lovers because they’re in love. See What You Need to Know about Your Husband’s Mistress and Why.

Most of them either want to further their careers, boost their bank accounts, or grab their 15 minutes of fame. See What Celebrity Mistresses are Doing to Extend Their 15 Minutes of Fame.

The end result is that many celebrity marriages and families have been destroyed.

You have only to look at how the affairs of celebrity mistresses Rachel Uchitel, and Joslyn James (among others) led to the upcoming Tiger Woods – Elin Nordegren divorce. See Tiger Woods Divorce Negotiations Continue - Settlement NOT Final Yet

Or how Rielle Hunter’s affair with John Edwards destroyed his marriage, his family, and his political career. See Rielle Hunter and Other Modern Day Mistresses Who Ruined Their Lover’s Lives and More Modern Day Mistresses Who Ruined Their Lover’s Lives
Look at how Michelle Bombshell McGee’s affair with Jesse James played a major part in the Sandra Bullock, Jesse James divorce. See Celebrity Infidelity Update - Sandra Bullock Files for Divorce from Jesse James and Adopts a Baby Boy

And since Oksana Grigorieva’s affair with Mel contributed to his divorce from Robyn Gibson, his wife of almost 30 years, we can add Oksana’s name to this list
The court battle between Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva is scheduled to continue next week.
It will be interesting to see how this all turns out

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Unstable

As for me, I'm just incredibly sad. I've been over at Huffington Post reading about this, and haven't posted. I wasn't going to post here.

I feel like I have to be one of those that condemns him because what he did was wrong and I do believe he's a bit nuts, but I love so many of his movies. And like Yoda said, now it taints those films. I don't want those films to be tainted.

I'm just bummed about it all.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
What do you think his Catholic Church that he built(Clery & Congregation) is thinking about his foul language and all this. Or do they just keep going and just remain happy that they get his huge 10% tithe each week. Oh wait he is out of F****** $$$$$.
I think the Catholic Church should spend more time taking responsibility for its protection of Child Molesters than the colorful language of a Celebrity.

lets get real here.