Words that describe Mel Gibson....you can only pick one!

Tools    

Semper Fooey
It didn't hurt Alec Baldwin's career. And it was his daughter that he blasted.
I think that was quite different. He shouldn't have said those things, but he was hurt and angry she wouldn't take his calls. It probably had more to do with the problems he was having with the ex as he himself said and he wrongly took it out on his daughter. Obviously Alec Baldwin has an anger management problem, too, but it sure isn't in the same category as Mel Gibson's.

Clearly Gibson's ex sweetie set him up, and she knew the tape was on and possibly comes across more sympathetically than if she too was being secretly taped. And we are hearing excerpts. This doesn't change the fact he used racist language. But the assumption in the media that she accused him of beating her up and he admitted it might not be clear if the entire tape was heard.

I think Gibson's hateful language comes from his upbringing. His father is a well known Holocaust denier with neo Nazi ties. Back in the 1980s before his father's views were well known Gibson in an interview publicly expressed he was a believer in that nonsensical one world bankers conspiracy and said he got that from his father who was the smartest man he knew.

Semper Fooey
I was listrening to some of those tapes on youtube for the first time. Comparing Mel Gibson's ranting to Alec Baldwin's is a joke.

~Loves a good classic movie~
I think that he is a desperate man. He has lost his first wife of many years
and lost the respect of his seven children and the general public. I don't
know what is causing this. Brainwashed by his father, mental problems,
drug abuse problems, and making some very bad choices for his life are
all factors. But nothing excuses hitting anyone, especially when that
person is holding a child at the time (he admits to this on the tape and
states that she deserved it). He could have missed and hit the child or
caused his girlfriend to fall and injure the child. No amount of talent can
cause anyone to condone that kind of behavior.

My one word to describe him would be.....

desperate

He knows he has lost so much that he will never get back. His fans either
hate him or pity him. What man would want that to be his legacy.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
the only answer that fits is

human

I'm of the belief that Celebrity culture has gotten so out of hand over the last 50 or so years, that folks somehow actually blur the lines between the performance on the screen to what a person is like in the everyday here and now everyday livin life.

Its just that regular folks don't have publicists and hatchet men at their beck and call, to blow sunshine up our buttocks , control the media, plant stories all teh crap that goes into the modern star-making machine.

oh but wait...
Can you imagine what it might have been like for JFK and Marilyn and Joe Dimaggio if TMZ and the internet was around then?

whats that old saying? "its better to be caught with a dead hooker than a live same-sex partner" or somethen to that effect.

not thaat much has changed.

Mel gibson is a flawed human being, with traits and a belief system i'd rather not have him around my kids, or my life, not unlike any number of contractors that have done work for us over the years.

Acting is his job, that's the only thing I ought criticize imo, lest the microscope get turned my way.

Theres a reason off the top of your head you can't name Gene hackman's ( and plenty of others) childrens names, or his love life history, and that is because its none of our business.

The Entertainment tabloids feed off of teh Attention Whoren types, and there is no shortage of em, but really..who cares.

Actually this is acting like a flashback for me. Below is the 1st Youtube video I made, back when the Michael Richards..racist rant at the laugh factory blew up.

keep in mind a couple of things.

1. its not scripted, im shooten from the lip/hip
2. Webcam was cheapo city, looks like i'm broadcasting from my microwave. Sound is not HD
3. I was a lil nervous and played with my hair a bit.
4. there is some colourful language

November 21 2006

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Liked the vid Dexter-- don't apologize for your vid though, cause then I would have to apologize for this low-budget one I made...

the only answer that fits is

human

I'm of the belief that Celebrity culture has gotten so out of hand over the last 50 or so years, that folks somehow actually blur the lines between the performance on the screen to what a person is like in the everyday here and now everyday livin life.

Its just that regular folks don't have publicists and hatchet men at their beck and call, to blow sunshine up our buttocks , control the media, plant stories all teh crap that goes into the modern star-making machine.

oh but wait...
Can you imagine what it might have been like for JFK and Marilyn and Joe Dimaggio if TMZ and the internet was around then?

whats that old saying? "its better to be caught with a dead hooker than a live same-sex partner" or somethen to that effect.

not thaat much has changed.

Mel gibson is a flawed human being, with traits and a belief system i'd rather not have him around my kids, or my life, not unlike any number of contractors that have done work for us over the years.

Acting is his job, that's the only thing I ought criticize imo, lest the microscope get turned my way.

Theres a reason off the top of your head you can't name Gene hackman's ( and plenty of others) childrens names, or his love life history, and that is because its none of our business.

The Entertainment tabloids feed off of teh Attention Whoren types, and there is no shortage of em, but really..who cares.

Actually this is acting like a flashback for me. Below is the 1st Youtube video I made, back when the Michael Richards..racist rant at the laugh factory blew up.

keep in mind a couple of things.

1. its not scripted, im shooten from the lip/hip
2. Webcam was cheapo city, looks like i'm broadcasting from my microwave. Sound is not HD
3. I was a lil nervous and played with my hair a bit.
4. there is some colourful language

November 21 2006

Semper Fooey
This wouldn't have happened to him if he was dating a nice Jewish girl.

~Loves a good classic movie~
Gibson is a hard core Catholic who told his wife, the mother of his seven children, that she would not go to heaven because she was not a Catholic. He needs more than a nice Jewish girl. He needs a whole attitude adjustment.

True, he may be talented. But that does not mean that I have to give him one dime of my money by going to see any of his movies or buying any of them. If he makes a movie that is that good, I'll catch it for free when it comes on TV some day I will think twice before I throw any of my money, no matter how small the amount, his way. I have zero tolerance for anyone who abuses someone smaller and weaker than they are. Mel is a bully and a coward. You can overlook that if you want for the sake of his talent, but I can't.

I'm starting to think there was something in the air on the set of "Signs". First Joaquin Phoenix, now Mel.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Gibson is a hard core Catholic who told his wife, the mother of his seven children, that she would not go to heaven because she was not a Catholic. He needs more than a nice Jewish girl. He needs a whole attitude adjustment.

True, he may be talented. But that does not mean that I have to give him one dime of my money by going to see any of his movies or buying any of them. If he makes a movie that is that good, I'll catch it for free when it comes on TV some day I will think twice before I throw any of my money, no matter how small the amount, his way. I have zero tolerance for anyone who abuses someone smaller and weaker than they are. Mel is a bully and a coward. You can overlook that if you want for the sake of his talent, but I can't.

I'm starting to think there was something in the air on the set of "Signs". First Joaquin Phoenix, now Mel.

Are you referring to Movies that he makes as a filmaker, director? Or any and all movies that he may appear in?

Semper Fooey

True, he may be talented. But that does not mean that I have to give him one dime of my money by going to see any of his movies or buying any of them. If he makes a movie that is that good, I'll catch it for free when it comes on TV some day I will think twice before I throw any of my money, no matter how small the amount, his way.
A nice Jewish girl would make him see the error of his ways. Of course he would have to go to shul a few times and participate in a minyan.

I don't think you have to worry about boycotting future Mel Gibson movies. After his latest goes in the can (Jodie Foster's Beaver, I kid you not), he won't be making any for a long, long time.