Best/Worst Movie to Video Game & Vice Versa?

Tools    

For gamers/movie buffs, what's been your favorite game adaption of a movie and vice versa? I realize there may not be many gamers in here but perhaps you've nonetheless seen movies base on video games? I'm especially curious to know what serious movie buffs think about game -> movie transitions.

Movie to Game:
Best: Star Wars: Battlefront (PS2)
Worst: Home Alone (Super Nintendo)

Game to Movie:
Best: Tomb Raider
Worst: Super Mario Borther (the one with Bob Hoskins)

if its a movie for a game i say final fantasy VII advent children is by far the best

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Worst movie to game.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Atari 2600

I'm assuming that you mean videogames, but do they have to be?
Yes, that is what I meant. But no, it doesn't have to be. Do you have a pick?

if its a movie for a game i say final fantasy VII advent children is by far the best
I had all but forgotten about Advent Children. That is an amazing movie, even taking into account the high expectation FFVII set.

Worst movie to game.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Atari 2600
Oh wow, that brings back memories of my cousin dying in the 'caves' and yelling and kicking his 2600.

Max Payne was pretty bad I thought.

I enjoyed Silent hill and Resident Evil despite most hating it lol

Im quite liking the look of Alien Vs Preditor aswell.

Oh yeah resident evil as well, I enjoy those movies, but then i mainly watched guy friends of mine play them. Same with Silent Hill, I watched the games as if they were movies anyways.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm looking forward to Heavy Rain the videogame being turned into a movie. I think that it would really have a lot of potential.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Worst Movie to Game:

Thanks to LJN and it's rainbow of death.

Worst Game to Movie:

Without a doubt.

Best movie to game.

Used to play this game almst everyday when I had an N64. Still the best first person shoot em up imo so would agree with this as best film to game transition.

As for best game to film? 'Mooorrrtttaallllll Kkkkkooommmmbbbaaatttt'.

Silent Hill is worth shout.

I have to say that the best movie that came from a game (in my opinion) will either be Final Fantasy: Advent Children or Silent Hill.

goldeneye bar none.

So many good videogame movies I can't pick !

Oh wow...I had no idea Far Cry and Hitman were based on video games...And I thought with House of Dead the game was based on a movie, not the other way around...thanks for the warning; I'll be sure to steer clear!

Best movie to game: Die Hard Arcade
Worst movie to game: Cliffhanger for NES

Best game to movie: Mortal Kombat, only for the soundtrack
Worst game to movie: most of my picks have been mentioned, but don't forget Double Dragon!