Favorite Plot Twists

Tools    

I always love a great plot twist in a movie. Whether you can see them coming a mile away or they totally surprise you.

What are your favorite plot twists? Were you able to figure it out before it happened?

***WARNING****
There will probably be alot of spoilers in this thread so read with caution!

Employee of the Month
Before everyone comes up with the usual suspects, I really like this movie:

Sometimes it`s a little bit exhausting, but the final twist is a killer!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I liked the twist in Fight Club. Because the movie is more than the twist. If you know the twist beforehand, it's still a good movie.

I've not seen Deep Water, I'm going to have to check that one out!

As for the usual suspects..yeah I know what you mean....Sixth Sense anyone? hehe..

I saw the twist in Orphan about 10 minutes into the movie, but the ending was still a bit surprising and I did enjoy it. Although I have to say, I didn't find it in the least bit scary.

The problem with plot twists is that once it's been done one time, it's no longer shocking. It bugs the heck out of me when directors use the same plots over and over.

The twist in memento is one of the most epic twists i've ever seen.

The twist in memento is one of the most epic twists i've ever seen.
I couldnt agree more ,, it was the finest .. the thing about this film is that it's so provoking and it forces the viewer to try figure out the twist as most of people saying : yeah !! its like we rewind it !! but hell NO
sixth sense .. the game .. the others .. the usual suspects .. unbreakable .. all very good
there are alot of twists out there ,, but the thing is : do they convince ?
as for fight club .. one of ma favorites .. it's like i must go back and watch the whole movie again !! .. actually we all did but common

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Psycho
French Connection II
Planet of the Apes
(1968)
Joe
The Great Silence
Last Holiday
(1950)

Twist endings that actually surprise me are hard to come by, so there are few.

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari has probably my favorite twist ending. And the most effective. For me.

EDIT: I'm talking about twist endings.

my favorite kinds of movies

fight club
the game
sixth sense
memento
primal fear
frailty
american psycho
saw
the others
the village
unbreakable
signs (pretty much any m night film)
a beautiful mind (if you didn't know his life beforehand)
the departed (movies where main characters are killed off without notice)
inside man
psycho
the prestige
usual suspects
identity

TV Show - Lost

just a few i liked.

"Witness for the Prosecution" ranks as teh best for me.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
That's a good 'un, but I need to add People Will Talk (1951), Shunderson's secret may well be the most-perfect and completely-unpredictable plot twist in film history. (So please don't try to figure it out before you watch the movie.)

Usual Suspects has a great twist, but would still have been a great movie without it. Movies that wouldn't have been as good without some kind of twist I think are Inglorious Basterds, Book of Eli, and Sixth Sense. What do you think?