Your "Go-To" Movie

Tools    

What's that movie you go to when you're:

-feeling romance?

-in the craving for some killing?

-want to see guns, bombs, explosions?

-looking for something out of this world?

-are wanting to feel safe in that childhood film?

-having a bad day?

or just that movie you can watch, no matter what!

I never have craved killing so I guess that's out. Having a bad day I guess I would go for some "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas. Then I can think to myself "It could be worse I could be that guy"
I would watch the original Star Wars trilogy for something out of this world. Romantic probably a good romantic comedy like Knocked Up.

-feeling romance?
The Ghost and Mrs Muir
Blow Out
Die Hard
Blade Runner
101 Dalmitians
-having a bad day?
Amelie
Clue

When I'm sick i'll usually watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade or Taking of the Pelham One, Two, Three

Michael Douglas has to be having the worst day in Falling Down well then again maybe Marsellus Wallace being stuck in that store with Zed, Maynard and the gimp might top the list of having a bad day.

I actually saw it for the first time this past summer.
Although I never found him to be an attractive guy, I like the movies I've seen him in (Basic Instinct, The Game, and Fatal Attraction) as well as his acting.

Wall Street is real good. I haven't watched it in a long time, but I truly enjoyed it both times that I did.

As I said in my comment, nice thread idea, and I'll reply soon.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.

-feeling romance?

-having a bad day?

Great call whoever said Die Hard. I think I could answer that for all these questions. The only one that it may not fall under would be "are wanting to feel safe in that childhood film".

-feeling romance?

-having a bad day?

Romance? Guess that would be Love Actually. Or some of my home movies.

Out of this world? That would be the original The Thing (From Outer Space). I love the dialog in that film! Second choice might be The Blob--the good one that was Steve McQueen's first film.

"Feel safe in a childhood film?" I'm not sure what that means--a film I liked as a kid, I guess. Audie Murphy Westerns, I guess, especially with Dan Duryea as one of the villains. I always liked Randolph Scott because he had really cool villains like Lee Marvin and all of his films were a little offbeat. He was a good guy, but not too good.

But if you're talking about films made for kids, like I've said before, Peter Pan was about the best Disney film, but right now I'm thinking the Disney version of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. Another good choice would be Song of the South with the mix of cartoons and live actors. Lot of politically incorrect things going on, too.

Having a bad day? How about Bad Day at Black Rock. Now there's a guy having a really tough day!

"in the craving for some killing? want to see guns, bombs, explosions?"--No, not really!!! But Guns of the Navarrone is a good film, with Anthony Quinn chewing the scenery. Where Eagles Dare is interesting, and Michael Caine is great in The Eagle Has Landed. I like that offbeat plot. I think the most realistic war movie ever was The Red Badge of Courage. But A Walk in the Sun is one of my favorites because of its great cast and realism. I also like Purple Heart because it has virtually no combat in it, nor does The Hill. As for killing--On the Beach: the whole world dies, and you never see a single bomb or bullet.

There are lots of films I can watch just for the hell of it: Citizen Kane is at the top of the list. So is anything with Bogie, Cagney, Eddie Robinson or James Mason in it. I'll watch Along Came Jones at the drop of a hat--and provide the hat. I'd watch Shane more often if my wife didn't hate it. There are a lot of the classics I enjoy.

... I'd watch Shane more often if my wife didn't hate it.
Sounds like your wife has better taste in films than you do, rufnek. Though I could live to regret that statement.

Sounds like your wife has better taste in films than you do, rufnek. Though I could live to regret that statement.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
cool thread idea!!! now let me put on my thinking cap...

-feeling romance?
Some Kind of Wonderful

American Psycho

too many to list

The Time Machine
any Disney movie

-having a bad day?
Some Kind of Wonderful

Walk the Line, Some Kind of Wonderful,Oz, any Disney... too many to mention

-feeling romance?
Romeo + Juliet, Before Sunrise

I don't think I really have anything for this. Horror films, maybe? Something like Dawn Of The Dead, A Nightmare On Elm Street or Scream.

Point Break, Demolition Man, Speed

Again, I don't really have anything here. I did fall in love with The Thing From Another World last year though.

Jaws, The Empire Strikes Back, Convoy

-having a bad day?
The Warriors, Charlie's Angels, This Is Spinal Tap

Charlie's Angels, Team America: World Police, 50 First Dates

-In the mood for romance?
Out of Sight, Picture Perfect, The loves of a blond

Man on Fire

Deja Vu, The hurt Locker

Planet of the Apes, 12 monkeys

Searching for Bobby Fisher

-having a bad day?
Touching the void