Prince of Persia

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Release Date: June 19, 2009
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
Director: Mike Newell
Screenwriter: Jordan Mechner, Jeffrey Nachmanoff
Starring: Not Available
Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: Not Available
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Not Available
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: Movie based on the video game - set in medieval Persia, Earth's mightiest and most mysterious kingdom, where a king and his son defeat the powerful Maharajah and kidnap his daughter, looting his palace of priceless treasure, including an extravagant hourglass, and a mysterious dagger.

copied from here
Hey, a video game adaptation without EWWIE Bowl(movement) I'm down with it

To be fair, the game was fantastic, and had a great story. Of course, it was a great story for a game, so we'll see how well it translates to film. I don't think it's necessarily the impending disaster that most game-to-film adaptations are, however.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
To be fair, the game was fantastic, and had a great story.
So were the final fantasy games but they still managed to make a pig's ear of the movie...I'm afraid I have no optimism when it comes to film adaptations of games anymore. Besides, although I'm sure there are newer versions, Prince of Persia is well old. I'm sure I had it on the Commodore 64 way back when...

And Tetris is fantastic, too! Although perhaps a little light on story...

there's a frog in my snake oil
Hmm, I'm expecting something like The Mummy (1999) to come out of this, looking at Newell's track record. Maybe worse.

The game was class though . But mainly coz it integrated all its elements so well. (Just been testing out my new Xbox with the Persia-wannabe Assassin's Creed, and been reminded how sparkly elements don't make a modern 'cinematic' game unless meshed almost seamlessly)

Not many games have done that. Not many films do that. Reckon it's a long shot that this'll deliver any kind of serious kick.

If the producer-paws are in evidence, it'll probably just be a CGI-fest about curvy swords and curvy chicks

North American Scum!
Loved the game (the first one I ever got for my PS2) but a movie seriously. No. Just no.

Has there been a good video game movie yet? (that's not rhetorical that's an actual question)

Either way PoP was just a lot of sweet acrobatic puzzle solving, time travel and repetive (albeit fun) button mashing. Imo not transferable to the big screen at all.

They've been talking for so long about the movie I've seen some extras in Warrior Within that Jerry Brucheimer is going to produce it but so far nothing and that was 2005 lets hope that they won't drop off the project.Plus POP games are one of my favorite so much action and cool moves hope that if Sands of time are successful so they can make the whole trilogy

Alfred Molina joins 'Prince of Persia'

Actor joins Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley

Alfred Molina will join Jake Gyllenhaal, Gemma Arterton and Ben Kingsley in Disney's "Prince of Persia," the Mike Newell-directed adaptation of the Ubisoft fantasy actioner. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing.

Molina will play Sheik Amar, who becomes a mentor to the prince.
Shooting is slated to begin in July in the U.K. and Morocco. Molina is starring in "Courtroom K," a Fox pilot written by Paul Attanasio and directed by Joe and Anthony Russo. He also completed Overture's "Humboldt Park" and stars in "An Education."

From Variety

Worst. Poster. Ever.

Well, here are a few reasons

A good 75% is black...

and the part with the light is REALLY irritating it looks like something is sticking out, I hope, no make that praying it is a fake.

Worst. Poster. Ever.

Well, here are a few reasons

A good 75% is black...

and the part with the light is REALLY irritating it looks like something is sticking out, I hope, no make that praying it is a fake.
So what it's 75% black. The Jarhead poster had more black on it than that and the poster rocked. What's wrong with this one? And no, it is not a fake.

And I can find for you the worst poster ever if I had the time.

So what it's 75% black. The Jarhead poster had more black on it than that and the poster rocked. What's wrong with this one?
But the Jarhead didn't have the annoying thing barely sticking out..

What is this Fan Made or official? never mind that since when the Prince has a name?who the hell is this guy Dastan and Last I checked it was Farah not Tamina.Things aren't looking good
so far

What is this Fan Made or official? never mind that since when the Prince has a name?who the hell is this guy Dastan and Last I checked it was Farah not Tamina.Things aren't looking good
so far
I think I found JRS' source for the poster, it is all a foregin language, so I think it is a fake.

Why would Walt Disney Pictures take a movie poster for a movie with big name stars and give the exculsive poster debut to a foregin site? It doesn't make sence..

Source

Seriously? What next? When's Tetris: The Movie coming out?
Soon I hope

I think I found JRS' source for the poster, it is all a foregin language, so I think it is a fake.

Why would Walt Disney Pictures take a movie poster for a movie with big name stars and give the exculsive poster debut to a foregin site? It doesn't make sence..

Source
Listen, mr know it all....first of all I have never seen that site. Second, I got the poster from MoviesOnline.ca . Thirdly, Walt Disney Pictures did not give the "exclusive" poster debut to a foreign site. That site has stuff any other movie news related site would have.

Listen, mr know it all....first of all I have never seen that site. Second, I got the poster from MoviesOnline.ca .
Did you read the stuff on there? They got their poster from the link I already posted...

and I translated the site: here's what it says:

Soon CinemaNotizie. COM will publish IN EXCLUSIVE NEWS & rich PREVIEW of Spoilers on Prince of Persia The Sands of the Time... Stay Tuned!

In Italian preview, and with a lot of novelties in arrival than CinemaNotizie. COM will tell yourselves IN EXCLUSIVE RIGHT for Italy, we show yourselves the first teaser poster of Prince of Persia The Sands of the Time directed by Mike Newell, produced from Jerry Bruckheimer and written from the same creator Jordan Mechner that will go out in the U. S. TO. June 16 2009, given to retain itself for the moment however temporary and. The renewals will begin short-term, in the month of June 2008.

Prince of Persia The Sands of the Time is interpreted from Jake Gyllenhaal, not yet confirmed, in the cloths of Dastan the Prince of Persia, Reece Ritchie, seen recently in 10,000 AC, interprets the better friend of Dastan while the role of the Princess Tamina do not yet officially was assigned.

PRINCE OF PERSIA THE SANDS OF THE TIME: THE PLOT OF THE FILM

Prince of Persia The Sands of the Time is acclimated in the IX Century and recounts the story of Dastan, young and charming Persian Prince of an immense empire under the kingdom of the father King Shahraman. The most large suction of Dastan is that of omaggiare the father with deeds that possano to give back the proud of him also to the eyes of three greater brothers Tus, heir to the throne, both Farhad and Farhan, ambitious twins loving some power and of the rich treasuries. The Kingdom of king Shahraman is attached for a long time hostile and Nizam, sullen advisor of court and opportunist, after to have make torture some prisoners discovers that is the stronghold of Alamut, ancient, mysterious and incontrovertible, to arms their opponents. The army of Persia, with Dastan, Tus, Farhad and Farhan to the leader leaves so verse Alamut although the legends hand down on the fearful sorcery of stories town and black magic...

It follows the poster of Prince of Persia The Sands of the Time in Italian preview. [

Um, no they did not.
the first two words are:

From Marco
CLICK THE LINK! see where it takes you.