Name of movie??

Tools    

This is a movie I watched a bit in TV around 2000. So it could be a movie of the 90's.

"He and She are in love and are engaged. Suddenly war breaks out and he has to leave her and go for the warfront. He promises to return soon and marry her. Before he leaves, He takes a picture of her with him for remembering her.

She gets lonely and gets bored. After a long time she wonders whether her lover is dead or alive. No news from him.

At this time, another man flirts with her. He is a bit older man. During a dinner he says, "You are so beautiful, you can be a model!". She is surprised and flattered to hear that she can be a model. The man asks her to come to his place.

She goes there and finds several couples dirty dancing. Something short of a orgy is going on there. She leaves in shock. He merely remarks that they are professionals (models). And does not compel her to stay.

She leaves his place but later get tempted to visit him again. She is confused whether she is doing the right thing or not. Then she gets overpowered by the thoughts to visit him. As she goes, a group of sisters meet her and ask her to go to church with them. They say that she can find Peace, real Peace there.

But she does not listen and goes to him. Realizing that she came back to him willingly , she makes love to her (reluctant | rape). Then she lives there with him and becomes like a whore (not sure about this part).

After a long time, her Lover returns from the war with her photo in her hand. She is not at home. Upon inquiring neighbors, they say that she has become a whore now.

He is shocked and broken and goes to meet her and knocks at the door. The other man opens..."

I can remember this much only... Pls tell the title of this English language film.

P.S. This is not Malena. Though the story is bit similar to that.

could you give more details? such as what country is the film from, or the language spoken?
Should be American movie, language spoken is English..

Unfortunately i dont know any of the actor names..

Sounds a fair bit like Midaq Alley (but not in all details). That was a Mexican movie, though I suppose there could have been a dubbed version.

Just saw the trailer in youtube.. Its Midaq Alley.. right.. Thanks Stevo3001!
Maybe I saw a dubbed version..

This question can be marked as answered.