Paparazzi...menace or interesting?

Tools    

Here's a topic I never put much thought into until last night. I was watching this program in our cable network, and this show come on about the paparazzi. It seemed a program which the paparazzi ran...or produced, though I'm not sure?

Firstly, I'd like to say; I'm not one who believes Hollywood stars should be exempt of a few snaps by photographers. However, what I saw on this program maybe wonder why the authorities in L.A. haven't brought forward some legislation that will have the paparazzi arrested if they cause a major nuisance in public places. I for one have been arrested for drunk and disorderly, just for sleeping on a park bench on leave.

The funny...no wait! The not so funny thing about this show was the attempt by the commentator to add humour to this poor and pitiful show. He would comment about how the paparazzi were unfit whilst chasing after the celebrities, and how the paps would instigate fights with bouncers/drivers and celebrities themselves. This commentator thought it was all a barrel of laughs. Hear we are, young women by themselves with 40/50 paps saying all soughts of derogatory remarks to get a response. Are these guys even Men, I wonder? I'd always assumed the celebs were just blowing things out of proportion, they're actors you know BUT! Their concerns for safety are real, I'm sure of it now.

If I was a celeb, i would employ some ex-commandos as personal security and lets see how close those knob heads paparazzi go then. What I saw were just overweight bodyguards who's only crowd controlling techniques were to mouth off at the paps. There are many other options when controlling a "mob", which these paps are. A mob of no hopers who would piss themselves when confronted by ex-commandos. Not only wee themselves, but be so unsure of the methods in which they would control their childish behaviour. Whether the celebs promote this behaviour I'm not sure, though what I saw, the celebs (usually the young women) seemed truly concerned for their's and their friends safety.

What do the members think of all this?

Menace is an awfully strong work, and I agree with all the caveats that celebrities ultimately want attention...etc. I think we probably all think alike there.

That said, I think they're friggin' useless. I detest the entire tabloid industry, and I think it's a shameful, silly profession, and I have little respect for anyone who can lower themselves to make a living staking out actors' homes and the like. I think it speaks to our wealth and the height of our leisure and prosperity that such an industry exists at all. I just flat-out can't stand 'em. They actually make me feel occasionally sorry for spoiled celebrities, which is no small feat.

So, basically, I've got no use for 'em. Clearly there's a demand, and that's a shame, but there's a demand for lots of things that self-respecting people need not supply, so that doesn't help me to think more of them.

I agree with all that Yoda just said. Of course, if you can get £100,000 or more for a single picture of certain celebs at certain times, then I can't blame them.

Semper Fooey
They are all scum. The reason celeb guards don't slug pap because then the bruised pap can sue a millionaire.

But not all celebrities hate them. Britney sleeps with them.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
If I was a celeb, i would employ some ex-commandos as personal security and lets see how close those knob heads paparazzi go then. What I saw were just overweight bodyguards who's only crowd controlling techniques were to mouth off at the paps. There are many other options when controlling a "mob", which these paps are. A mob of no hopers who would piss themselves when confronted by ex-commandos. Not only wee themselves, but be so unsure of the methods in which they would control their childish behaviour. Whether the celebs promote this behaviour I'm not sure, though what I saw, the celebs (usually the young women) seemed truly concerned for their's and their friends safety.
If you and your tactical unit go out the town and do damage, who do you think is going to get sued and go jail?

As part of their job description, the paparazzi have cameras and microphones.

What will your defense be when the prosecution submits video evidence #1 through #40?

You may also notice that some of them want to get hit.

They get a free ride for life and it makes for good ratings.

What do the members think of all this?
What I hate about the paparazzi is the endless non-stories.

This just in, Lindsay Lohan had a booger in her nose!

Really?

Next thing you'll tell me is she goes #2.

Also the non-stories have bled over into my once beloved sports world.

This is just in, Brett Favre had chicken and ribs with the local football team!

However I am not opposed to the paparazzi.

Not to pick on Yoda (it's a ridiculous phrase because that is exactly what I'm doing) but take Ben Roethlisberger for instance.

How much crap would that ******* get away with if it wasn't for the media?

Um... people would still stick up for Ben regardless, because he won Superbowls "for us".

If you and your tactical unit go out the town and do damage, who do you think is going to get sued and go jail?

As part of their job description, the paparazzi have cameras and microphones.

What will your defense be when the prosecution submits video evidence #1 through #40?

You may also notice that some of them want to get hit.

They get a free ride for life and it makes for good ratings.

What I hate about the paparazzi is the endless non-stories.

This just in, Lindsay Lohan had a booger in her nose!

Really?

Next thing you'll tell me is she goes #2.

Also the non-stories have bleed over into my once beloved sports world.

This is just in, Brett Favre had chicken and ribs with the local football team!

However I am not opposed to the paparazzi.

Not to pick on Yoda (it's a ridiculous phrase, because that is exactly what I'm doing) but take Ben Roethlisberger for instance.

How much crap would that ******* get away with if it wasn't for the media?
Thanks for the sarcasm, moron. What I was trying to explain, there are methods to block close up shots, like the ones where the paps will stick a lens inside the vehicle or, at close range. If you're a little Man, which I'm sure you are, than there is no reason for me to explain things further.

Celebs in the majority want a 300lb Man cuz they think they'll be protected, if anything, that just causes more trouble. You want security who can think on their feet, while also, keeping the environment peaceful with a hint of intimidation. Also, there's products on the market if you use them correctly, that will give a blast of light, which will in effect make the paps shots useless for sale. Throwing a satin sheet over the cameras. Making sure you have some contact in the Police Department. AVO's. There's a plethora of things. But, if the celebs insist on hiring big useless twits, well, they deserve what they get.

Celebs in the majority want a 300lb Man cuz they think they'll be protected, if anything, that just causes more trouble. You want security who can think on their feet, while also, keeping the environment peaceful with a hint of intimidation. Also, there's products on the market if you use them correctly, that will give a blast of light, which will in effect make the paps shots useless for sale. Throwing a satin sheet over the cameras. Making sure you have some contact in the Police Department. AVO's. There's a plethora of things. But, if the celebs insist on hiring big useless twits, well, they deserve what they get.
Exactly. Which should tell you that they're not bothered and want the attention. This is another reason they hire these huge bodyguards, as it draws attention to them and, if you have lots of them, then a huge entourage shows everyone just how important you are.

I think Kanye West said it best ...

"Try to hit you with the o wotzi !
Till I get flashed by the paparazzi
Damn, these *****'s got me,
I hate these *****'s more than the Nazis"

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The paparazzi are disgusting...

Celebrities have gotten so cheap these days. In the 70's I would've bought a rag just to get a photo of Charles Bronson eating a cheeseburger (might have even framed it).

But today, to see some attention-seeking talentless reality-star with fake boobs, lips, etc prancing around from club to club--boring!

I would, however, seek out photos of Stephen Hawking caught with a hooker on the space station though.

--My hypocrisy only goes so far....

Celebrities have gotten so cheap these days. In the 70's I would've bought a rag just to get a photo of Charles Bronson eating a cheeseburger (might have even framed it).
Here's a couple for ya . . .

Thanks for the sarcasm, moron. What I was trying to explain, there are methods to block close up shots, like the ones where the paps will stick a lens inside the vehicle or, at close range. If you're a little Man, which I'm sure you are, than there is no reason for me to explain things further.

Totally uncalled for... and if you continue with your childish name calling, you will not be posting at Movie Forums...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Totally uncalled for... and if you continue with your childish name calling, you will not be posting at Movie Forums...
Ban me then, though I will not sit idly by and cop little snipes at my posts. Yeah, sure, my language can be a little full on at times, but you guys take swipes at everyone and you don't even realise you're doing it. I'm not talking about you, Caitlyn, but you know the posters I am referring to? And if you don't, your radar or smell needs a refresher training course.

Ban me then, though I will not sit idly by and cop little snipes at my posts. Yeah, sure, my language can be a little full on at times, but you guys take swipes at everyone and you don't even realise you're doing it. I'm not talking about you, Caitlyn, but you know the posters I am referring to? And if you don't, your radar or smell needs a refresher training course.
Who, on here, has called you a Moron or a little man?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I type really slow.

Behave like a troll (IE: provoking and insulting people repeatedly), and someone might float the idea. But it's not a direct, unabashed insult the way "moron" is, no.

Stop with this "hey, I'm a little rough" or "hey, I'm a little full on" stuff. You don't just speak bluntly -- we have tons of people who do that. You insult people. You insult people directly. You've done it a dozen times, and you always justify it because you think they're talking down to you. Problem is, you always seem to think this, and your responses would be unacceptable even if they always were. You're not the only one who people take swipes at, you know. I'm the admin, so people do it to me all the time. How often do you see me lose my temper and start calling them names?

Well, this is going to be the last time it happens. Consider this your final warning on the matter. I've made many attempts to explain why this behavior is unacceptable, both publicly and privately. I didn't have to do this, but I did because I wanted to persuade you to stop, rather than just issue some order. You wouldn't have any of it, so I'm done trying to persuade you. Now, I'm telling.

And if you want to pretend you're some kind of martyr and get yourself banned because you won't censor who you are and we're all stuck-up elitists who've never worked a day in our lives and we'll never take your freeeeeedooooommm, then be my guest. You wouldn't be the first (or last) person to get kicked out for acting like reigning themselves in and being polite was an untenable restriction on their liberty.

Behave like a troll (IE: provoking and insulting people repeatedly), and someone might float the idea. But it's not a direct, unabashed insult the way "moron" is, no.

Stop with this "hey, I'm a little rough" or "hey, I'm a little full on" stuff. You don't just speak bluntly -- we have tons of people who do that. You insult people. You insult people directly. You've done it a dozen times, and you always justify it because you think they're talking down to you. Problem is, you always seem to think this, and your responses would be unacceptable even if they always were. You're not the only one who people take swipes at, you know. I'm the admin, so people do it to me all the time. How often do you see me lose my temper and start calling them names?

Well, this is going to be the last time it happens. Consider this your final warning on the matter. I've made many attempts to explain why this behavior is unacceptable, both publicly and privately. I didn't have to do this, but I did because I wanted to persuade you to stop, rather than just issue some order. You wouldn't have any of it, so I'm done trying to persuade you. Now, I'm telling.

And if you want to pretend you're some kind of martyr and get yourself banned because you won't censor who you are and we're all stuck-up elitists who've never worked a day in our lives and we'll never take your freeeeeedooooommm, then be my guest. You wouldn't be the first (or last) person to get kicked out for acting like reigning themselves in and being polite was an untenable restriction on their liberty.
I'm unabashed when it comes to putting people in their place. You say something sarcastic, which he did, I will return with fervour.

Please don't read into this more than one should, but being with a large group of men for 10 years...make that 16 really. You can't expect to get away with putting down a guy cos' you think he is this gun hoe army F**K and just think he is will not say anything. Where I worked for many years, people who used sarcasm to put down people were the most despised, more so than those who used profanity to get a point across. If anything, I prefer the profanity to say what you really mean, rather than this sarcasm crap.

If Loner said "Look, Michael, get off your high F"n horse and look at what you're saying idiot. You'll be sued for one, and God knows what else". Even though that wasn't my meaning, when I wrote they'll piss themselves. For the simple reason, the paparazzi have homes and families also, and with planning you can make their life a living hell also. That was my point, when I said they'll piss themselves if stars hired a few ex-military.