Yoda's wedding

Tools    

If you were trying to convince us that America is awesome, then consider it a job well done.
You should know that Americans don't have to be convinced of anything...

I'm not entirely sure what that means. Just sayin' that if you want to tell people America's bad, associating it with large breasts might be counterproductive, because I hear they're pretty popular.

I'm not entirely sure what that means. Just sayin' that if you want to tell people America's bad, associating it with large breasts might be counterproductive, because I hear they're pretty popular.
It's not that America's bad, its just Australia is sooooo much better!

Put me in your pocket...
Let's get this baby back on target....sheeeshhh.

I keep thinking Yoda's just a kid and too young to be married, but by the time I was his age, I had him AND his brother already.
Speaking of babies...Yoda....now that the wedding's over and you two are settling into who has closet space rights...I'm wondering when the baby questions will start? Has anyone been hinting yet?

Linda are you eager for a mini-Yoda?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Congrats Yoda and Mrs Yoda, wishing you a lifetime of happiness together X
What great pictures, thankyou for sharing your perfect day with us

Female Jungle Poster
Congratulations to you both--may you have the most wonderful life together!

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Two things worth saying. One, I forgot to mention earlier. The other is a small bit of news.

First, the news: we got the "official" pictures back today. There are 767 of them, and this doesn't include all the little disposable cameras we put on each table, which we haven't had developed yet. We'll be going through some of our favorites today and narrowing them down to a more manageable number so I can post a handful here, and a fair number on Facebook and all that. So, yay. I think I look pretty goofy in some of them, but what else is new?

Other thing: I don't think I mention this before, but we had movie music playing at the reception! We talked about it months before, but I was kinda hesitant that it would be distracting and seem out of place, but I threw some CDs together for the DJ and, gauging the mood, it felt right. So people had their salads and got up to get their food with things like the following playing in the background:
  • "Married Life" from the Up soundtrack
    You know the one; you were bawling over the last minute of it or so.
  • "The Orange Man" from the Unbreakable soundtrack
    I'm particularly proud that I managed to work this into my own wedding. Awesome.
  • The score from Lawrence of Arabia.
  • "Concerning Hobbits" from the first LOTR film.
  • "Speak Softly Love" from The Godfather.
    AKA the "main" Godfather theme.
  • An orchestrated version of the theme from The Legend of Zelda. Ohhh yeah.
  • A bunch of tracks from an album full of Yo-Yo Ma playing the work of Ennio Morricone on the cello. Really, really fantastic stuff, though it wasn't on long enough for us to get to "Ecstasy of Gold." D'oh!
I'll have to check the playlist when I get home to see if I'm forgetting anything else. Really glad I did this, though; it made the wedding feel more like "our" wedding, and it was so cool to have such fantastic, evocative music in the background. Talking to people throughout the day, it turns out bunches of them were continually asking each other what each piece of music was, because they all sounded so familiar. I got a kick out of that.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Funny you should mention this now, Yods. We sat at our table (while we were waiting to get our food and/or then eating it) and I said at one point that I was SURE you and Courtney had picked out these songs. When someone asked how I knew, I said, "Because they're all SOUNDTRACKS."

Glad to know I was right.

P.S. No posting any photos with me in them without prior approval. We now return you to your previously scheduled thread, already in progress. Thank you.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Movie Theme tunes..

It had to be you by Harry Connick off of the When Harry Met Sally Soundtrack is a good one for older set.

Let's get this baby back on target....sheeeshhh.

Speaking of babies...Yoda....now that the wedding's over and you two are settling into who has closet space rights...I'm wondering when the baby questions will start? Has anyone been hinting yet?

Linda are you eager for a mini-Yoda?
You know, I didn't think I was, since I still enjoy teasing a classmate of mine who's three months younger and already has two toddler grandsons.

But I dunno. When I see babies anywhere now, where I USED to think, "Aww, it'd be nice to have one more," I now immediately think, "Aww, it'd be nice to have a grandchild."

So, I've made the generational leap in my mind, apparently.

Just another reviewer
Congrats on getting married. I'm not getting married till I'm 35. "Married Life" from UP, I have to remember that for my wedding. I have to admit I cried during that whole beginning.

Oh, I just remembered we also played "Rhapsody in Blue" by Gershwin ("Married Life" helped me remember, because they're done in a slightly similar style).

And yeah, sad as it is, the first couple of minutes in "Married Life" make for really lovely background music, particularly at a wedding. Movie-themed or not, it creates a wonderful mood.

Just another reviewer
Off topic, I do believe that all pixar movies have a lot of soul. Toy story 2 made me tear up. I haven't seen the third but I hear its also emotional.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
hereforth are the Tunes from movie-land that may have been spun on Yodas big day.

Shama lama ding dong- Otis Day and the Knights ( Animal House 1978)

Shout- Otis Day and the Knights ( Animal House 1978)

&feature=fvsr

The Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

&feature=related

Seduce me Tonight- Cycle V - Flashdance (1983)

&feature=related

You're the one that i want- Grease (1978)