Angelina Jolie, too skinny!

Tools    

She's too thin, for me, but that's not the same as being too thin. I think most actresses/models/famous women look too thin, but while that may be true, it doesn't mean they're unhealthy. Also, it's not odd that Juno thinks she doesn't look too thin, as I'm sure that most people who are in or want to be in that world don't think she looks too thin. That's normal. Desirable. Necessary, even.
I wouldn't agree that most actresses feel that way. Maybe some of the young actresses do, but it's not like a lot of them look that bad, either. Models, yes. Not all models, of course, but a fair amount.
She is 5'8", so she should be roughly 125 lbs to 150 lbs. I can assure you she's underweight.
As far as her health goes . . . She has had children, and probably plans on having more. That alone can cause us problems. She isn't doing her bones and such any favors. I feel sure of that.

TBF, I didn't say she wasn't underweight, they're all underweight, I said that I didn't know that she was too thin. The fact that the camera adds 10lbs means that they almost have to be underweight to even get close having the 'right look' on screen. As for her children, age, etc, I think I covered all that with my answer a page or two back.

I'm not trying to argue with you, if that's what you think.

Anyway . . .

You said that she is too thin for you, but that it's not the same as being too thin. I'm showing you how much she should weigh, and pointing out that there is no way she weighs that much. That would be too thin. That is also unhealthy, which you said she may not be. What I'm saying there is that it is an unhealthy lifestyle, so if she lives like that for too long, then yes, she could easily become unhealthy. If she's not already.

As far as the camera adding 10 lbs . . . To me that's only ever been a joke on TV, or in the movies. I personally don't believe it's true. It doesn't happen to me, anyway.

I have no idea what you covered concerning her children, or the fact that women get weak bones and such as we get older, and as we have children, etc . . . An unhealthy diet only makes that worse, though.

As far as looking right for the part. That would all depend on the part. Most female characters don't involve a super skinny girl. Some of her characters need to be stronger looking than she is right now. There are numerous female characters in film, and rarely ever do they require the look she is sporting in those photos.

As defined by.........you? Listen buddy, aesthetic appeal is a personal preference, your statement doesn't erase any opinions that say she isn't.

Unfortunately I cant get her in for a medical, so we can't determine weather or not she's healthy which for me is vitally important.

"she is gorgeous" ..... so she's not too skinny?
When I agreed Jolie was gorgeous... I wasn't necessarily referring to just her outward appearance... she does have a very pretty face... but she also has a heart for other people and, to me, that makes her a very beautiful person... regardless to whether she is underweight or overweight... However, when she made Tomb Raider, she had muscle and appeared to be in great shape... and, therefore, made Lara Croft a little more, for lack of another word, believable. Now she looks too frail for the action roles she is playing... and from what I understand, her professional trainer thinks the same thing and was worried when she was filming Salt that she going to get hurt because she does not have the muscle mass needed to support her tendons, joints, etc.... which doesn't exactly sound like she is healthy right now to me.

Back when she lost weight before like this, there were allegations about her being on drugs or having anorexia... she publicly stated it was due to the fact she was grieving over the loss of her mother... which may or may not be true... but I have witnessed the same thing happen with a few other people who were having trouble dealing with grief. Whatever the cause now, I just hope she resolves the problem... mainly for her children, herself, Brad, and other family members and friends... but also for all the people she might be able to still make a difference for by using her celebrity status as she has in the past…

The Next Big Thing… I really don't want to stir the pot again but how you could have taken offense at my quoting your post is beyond me....

These pictures were supposed to have been taken of her this month. I have no idea if they have been doctored or not but she looks a lot like she did the last time I saw her in person...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

When I agreed Jolie was gorgeous... I wasn't necessarily referring to just her outward appearance... she does have a very pretty face... but she also has a heart for other people and, to me, that makes her a very beautiful person...
I respect your analyse of her as a person and I agree whole heartedly, but c'mon, how was I supposed to ascertain the additional substance to the word gorgeous, my mind reading abilities must have been switched off and I was responding to a topic titled "Angelina Jolie, too skinny!". (this is a joke, just in case ).

Anyway, now that you've mentioned it, I do agree that Angelina is a real doll, someone I wouldn't mind being trapped in a room with and forced to converse with. She does seem a beautiful person.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
The Next Big Thing… I really don't want to stir the pot again but how you could have taken offense at my quoting your post is beyond me....
A momentary singular lapse of concentration/Misunderstanding which, as I explained in my apology led to me defending myself when I knew I was wrong, dragging 'nothing out probably 10 times longer than its needed to be . The whole thing came about from silliness. My own situation probably didn't help matters. My apologies again.

Originally Posted by The Next Big Thing
I think I'm just going to leave this topic. I don't even know why I posted in this one. Sorry about the grammar, it's 02:42 here, my attention span is flushed, and my heads to sore to look at my screen properly .
I understand I've probably soured relation between me and you two, but what can I do, but say sorry.

Angelina Jolie is just awesome. i think she is born to work in action movies.

She's underweight, there is no denying that fact. Kid yourselves all you want, and so can she. I've worked in the fitness area, and it is true, many long distance runners will look similar, but they will also put on some meat when their having a break. Most of them anyway. Plus, Angelina, isn't a naturally thin woman, she has some curves. For Angelina to look the way she does now, she is either cutting down on her calories dramatically, or she's exercising like an elite athlete. When I mean an elite athlete, I mean a distance runner.

She's underweight, there is no denying that fact... For Angelina to look the way she does now, she is either cutting down on her calories dramatically, or she's exercising like an elite athlete. When I mean an elite athlete, I mean a distance runner.
So she's acting like every other Holloywood actress under 45.

I doubt most actresses actually exercise like elite distance runners, but even if they do, it'd just be one of the reasons people get so riled up about Hollywood and the images it projects, so I wouldn't think this is much of a defense for one of them, individually.

Or, put another way: there's not much to the idea of strength in numbers when you can't lift a bagel.

Off hand, Katie Holmes, trained for a Marathon and the chick out of Desperate Housewives? Superman's bitch..

Semper Fooey
Off hand, Katie Holmes, trained for a Marathon and the chick out of Desperate Housewives? Superman's bitch..
I bet you would have remembered Teri Hatcher's name if she was Australian.