Female Jungle Poster
*smites honeykid*

You know how much I love that elf!

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Yaaay! I'm glad you finally got to see them! ^^ They are amazing movies huh? x3

The Lord of the Rings

Nope, you should just stop trying.
I don't think stopping trying is necessary

I never saw it in theaters...didn't even see them when they came out on DVD, but for the first time I saw it this week..all 3 of them and they were pretty cool...Two Towers was amazing...Fellowship made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...and the ending of Return of the King was sad but good
I can't believe Tiger didn't take you to see them right away. Then again, I suppose he had to keep your existence on the downlow...

Nicely made and good performances...but the story isn't my thing at all. I just can't get excited about fantasy.

I will never understand someone who loves movies and doesn't love LOTR
Well, I can see how some folks would prefer watching real actors on screen rather than alteratons through forced perspective and computerized images. I mean, it's interesting--but is it acting?

To me the firs " The Lord of the Rings " the best. Because i don't love or enjoy the sequel. I don't know why.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
My favorite movie of all time.

And I count all three films as "one" movie.

Rufnek, there is plenty of acting in the films. And to be truthful, Andy Serkis, who "acted" Gollum, actually did an amazing job. It is a combination of that acting and the computer generated image that combines to create this incredible creature.

The other actors -- Elijah Wood's transformation; Viggo's inner turmoil; Sean Bean's fall, redemption, and death are all examples of acting in these films. Sean Astin's Sam in the final film is also pretty darn good.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
The Lord of the Rings is amazing. I don't think much more should be said!

Rufnek, there is plenty of acting in the films. And to be truthful, Andy Serkis, who "acted" Gollum, actually did an amazing job. It is a combination of that acting and the computer generated image that combines to create this incredible creature.

The other actors -- Elijah Wood's transformation; Viggo's inner turmoil; Sean Bean's fall, redemption, and death are all examples of acting in these films. Sean Astin's Sam in the final film is also pretty darn good.
That's true, tramp, but I think ruf meant good acting.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
[In character] You know what, honey, that reminds me of a story when I was in boot camp at the orc manufacturing center... I had just had sex with 300 women at the local honky tonk and then I watched Urban Cowboy and threw up. Sorry, I guess I'm not as tough as I thought...

Well, I can see how some folks would prefer watching real actors on screen rather than alteratons through forced perspective and computerized images. I mean, it's interesting--but is it acting?
I fail to see how the actor's have any less value because they're a hobbit or animated, if anything it heightens the stakes.

Not a fan of Rings. I get and see the appeal but it really does nothing for me. Can't explain it. It just doesn't speak to me the way it does to others, I guess. The acting is not bad and visuals beautiful, but I never took anything away from them and they were pretty forgettable, (two towers especially).

That said, I do think that Peter Jackson did a wonderful job bringing such a story to life and for that he should be applauded. Glad you had a better time watching it than I did, Tiger Wood's son.

Rule Britannia....
I will never understand someone who loves movies and doesn't love LOTR
Agreed,

but anyway for those who doesn't love it, and still wanna taste the full experience of it, I recommend ''green pleasure''

I'm sure many of you would agree,there are plenty of ways to actually get into a movie, but LOTR doesn't need any 'extra substances'. Its magnificence can be seen throughout the entire movie.
Plenty of scenes to be astonished of,with an amazing adventure of a mixture between brightness and darkness.

As some of you mentioned, I'm not into fantasy movies either, but if you see it as some well-created-English-mythology that's a different story.

I fail to see how the actor's have any less value because they're a hobbit or animated, if anything it heightens the stakes.
If it's animated, it's a cartoon not an actor; whatever it does on screen is the work of an artist (or a computer programer in some cases) not the performance of an actor. In LOTR the use of false perspective to make the largest cast member appear as the smallest character in the story is clever, but it has nothing to do with acting.

Whoa, tramp, before you stampede this over a cliff, I happened to like LOTR. It had some good actors in it that were able to make people believe trees walked and they really were fighting Orcs and dragons and all those other computer-generated figures. But nonetheless most of the beasts and people and most of the action visible on screen were computer-generated, not actors, and there are some folks who just don't care for that. Not me, particularly--I liked the movie.

As for Serkis, I have no way of knowing from what was on the screen how much was Serkis and how much was computerized animation. The screen image was interesting and certainly lifelike in some ways, but if they gave an Oscar for that role, who would be the one to accept it--Serkis or a computer nerd? I was more impressed with the characters in the original Star Wars that had live actors inside the costume--I think that was a bigger challenge than modeling for a computer image.

[In character] You know what, honey, that reminds me of a story when I was in boot camp at the orc manufacturing center... I had just had sex with 300 women at the local honky tonk and then I watched Urban Cowboy and threw up. Sorry, I guess I'm not as tough as I thought...

I don't think you're as tough as you think either, Mark.