movies you loved when you were a kid, but on viewing it a second time....

Tools    

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Pokémon The First Movie. It's still nostalgic and makes me cry an unholy amount but it's pretty stupid.

Hi,
I am King Aaron.
It is good.
Over the sirens of the police cars,
You can hear us shout “The streets are ours!”

This kind of question really brings out generational differences. When I was a kid in the 60s, they always played The Wizard of Oz around Christmas. First time I saw it, it scared the hell out of me. Had nightmares about those flying monkeys. Time passed, and I watched the movie again in my mid 20s. Boy, was I surprised when Dorothy opens the door to Oz ... and it's in color. It was like rediscovering it. I've watched in on the big screen in a restored movie palace (the Stanford Theatre in Palo Alto, CA). I've played it for my son. My nieces. Kids of my friends. They always love it ... at a certain age. Then they grow up and they're too sophisticated for it. And then they come back to it when they want to be a kid again.

Tremors! It was my default pick at Blockbusters.
you can never go wrong with Tremors thou you can with the sequels.

i saw the ring (japanese version) and when i saw it for second time, i think just average horor movie...

yes, Christmas Story is a timeless classic. no offense, but that one doesn't even belong here. even the "sequal" was good, even though they changed the entire cast(except the narrator). that one was the opposite. hated it the first time i seen it, i think mainly because of the cast, but seen it recently and it's actually pretty good. oh, and how sweet is it that they are remaking The Last Dragon? and Clash of the Titans? can't wait to see that one. and even The Wizard of Oz. i don't really know how to feel about that one, but clash of the titans was definately due for a remake.

really? i havn't watched it for awhile, so i can't confirm or deny, but i can almost replay the whole movie in my head, and i still like who framed roger rabbit.

A film called Warlock with Julian Sands and Richard E Grant.

Remember it being awesome then watched it a few years ago and couldn't believe
how awful it was.

Honourable mention to Super Mario Bros as well.

The Wizard is still pretty good though

Conan the Barbarian so cheesy as an adult

The Lady In White, creeped me back then saw it again and still had the same effect as did Poltergeist, the scene where the guy starts peeling off his face still gets me everytime.

"the explorers" feat. river phoenix and ethan hawk (both about 12 years old attime)
little genius building a big transparant bubble wich is controlable,the build some sort of craft inside it ,and fly off into space with the thing,ending up on a friendly alien ship...(aliens way too pupet-like,and the story/evolution is a bit weak imo)

"Mortal Kombat" soooo late 90's cheapness

"Lord of the flies" booooriiiiing,original though and a classic.

as mentioned "Highlander"...effects and action need much more punch! but good movie for his time

"Lock Up" 1989 Sylvester Stallone in jail...mčh...but loved it at that time

Little Princess and Oliver.