Most Realistic World

Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
Comedy, Drama, Horror, Suspense. Have I forgotten any?

Which genre, in your opinion, most represents the real world? For instance, in the world of a comedy film everything is light and fluffy. Everyone in this world of film has great timing, doesn't get offended easily, and seldom does anyone get injured; even if they manage to slip on a well-placed banana peel.

In Horror, everything is dark and gloomy. Lightening storms and full moons abound in these pictures. People die matter-of-factly, and the world barely notices.

Which genre of film do you think aptly depicts the real world; the everyday world in which we live?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

It's not a genre thing. War movies usually are unrealistic, while Saving Private Ryan was very real-life.
Catch Me If You Can felt quite real, while Mr. Deeds was delusional.

Hi
I feel Rambo and various Jackie Chan films are the most realistic.

There are plenty of movies out there that convey a feeling of realism, almost always the better ones. I think the Matrix and Gangs of New York do this well, but Lord Of the Rings, even though is was an adaptation from a book, creates an amazingly realistic world.Although it doesnt represent todays world, it sucesfully creates an alternate world and forces us to believe it.

to your original quesyion, i'd probably have to say drama (only because all the other genres are so far off reality)

but on the other hand, if movies were too much like real life, they'd be boring one day, an emotional turmoil the next, happy the next..what i'm trying to say is that real life would make one crappy mixed up movie

Get off my island
Goodfellas

MoFo Survivor - r3port3r66 wins!!!!!!

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
In my opinion recently released "Unfaithful"-happens all the time and someone end up getting hurt in the end, no matter if it is a marriage or relationship.
I agree with Saving Private Ryan, I kinda got sick to my stomach knowing that stuff actually happened. Two years ago I visited Arlington Cemetary and that added to the reality.
Office Space-which is a comedy actually shows the reality of a person working a 9-5 job and how it eventually catches up with you.
Some comedy's are more like what you want to do but your too afraid to do.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

I think, that`s up to everyone`s personality and the individual circumstances. And it changes a lot.

I never know from one day to the next what my world is going to hold because it can go from comedy to horror and everything in-between in the blink of an eye... so I agree... it does depend on the person and the circumstances...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I liked Barry Lyndon too

www.moviejustice.com - come visit this site.
Ahh, excellent picture: drama.

Nice site too - thanks

A system of cells interlinked
MovieJustice is all but shut down at this point, no?

Lost in Translation

Comedy, Drama, Horror, Suspense. Have I forgotten any?

Which genre, in your opinion, most represents the real world? For instance, in the world of a comedy film everything is light and fluffy. Everyone in this world of film has great timing, doesn't get offended easily, and seldom does anyone get injured; even if they manage to slip on a well-placed banana peel.

In Horror, everything is dark and gloomy. Lightening storms and full moons abound in these pictures. People die matter-of-factly, and the world barely notices.

Which genre of film do you think aptly depicts the real world; the everyday world in which we live?
I don't think any one genre is more realistic than others, except obviously those set in the long ago or the far future or in complete fantasy. Truth is, I don't see most films as being very representative of the reality of the world I know. But every once in awhile one will give a brief peek behind the curtain. One example is From Here to Eternity with Burt Lancaster, Monty Cliff and Sinatra, a very realistic portrayal of the peacetime Army, more specificially the pre-World War II "old corps," but I knew people like that when I was in service in 1961-1964.

A couple of folks mentioned the reality of Saving Pvt. Ryan, but I can't see it myself. The only reality I saw in that film was the noise so loud that they couldn't hear each other on the beach. But all the blood and guts looked phony. Plus the way that search team kept stumbling around making dumb mistakes, they couldn't have survived basic training, much less real battles. There are two very good war films that come as close as possible the confusion of even a simulated battlefield. One is A Walk in the Sun, the other and best in my opinion is The Red Badge of Courage. They both show what soldiers are really like.

It's not a genre thing.
I agree. Each genre has it's share of realistic/unrealistic movies as well as good/terrible movies.

If I had to pick one it would be drama, but it has it's fictional/outrageous side as well. Historical period pieces or historical war movies are probably more accurate, but they're more like sub-genres. Pride & Prejudice/Elizabeth for period pieces or Braveheart/Saving Private Ryan for war movies.