Movies with expeditions, traveling involved.

Tools    

Anything goes .... traveling in a different place, city, or organized expeditions.
I may have a huge list, but I will start with these 2:
Wild (2014)

The Way (2010)

I'll lighten the tone just in case there's a fight brewing...

@Chypmunk - Embrace of the Serpent very captivating movie .... just loved Jan Bijvoet's acting.

Oops and I almost forgot - about these two ..... because they made so far 4 movies ....
The Trip to Greece (2020)

The Trip (2010)

The last one is actually the first from the 4 I mentioned. A lot of great places and amazing food in these films.
Makes you completely forget about lockdowns and all sort of sad crap
Not all the jokes came out as they should, but one of them knows very well how to imitate Michael Caine

North Face (2008)
This one is about climbers trying to climb the Swiss Eiger's north face.
I may say I've seen it twice - there's plenty of adventure involved.

Seven Years in Tibet (1997)
This one's already well known, no secret about it
Directed by French director Jean-Jacques Annaud - famous for The Name of the Rose(1986).

As an experienced traveler, National Lampoon's vacation and european vacation are pretty close to accurate. I've had far worse that would make Planes, Trains, and Automobiles look like an average commute, but you really need to keep your sense of humor with you.

What I can't put up with are those travel movies aimed at 20 somethings looking for some kind of meaning in life. I know a 20 something who thinks Into the Wild is an awesome movie. The reality is that idiot starved to death.

As an experienced traveler, National Lampoon's vacation and european vacation are pretty close to accurate. I've had far worse that would make Planes, Trains, and Automobiles look like an average commute, but you really need to keep your sense of humor with you.

What I can't put up with are those travel movies aimed at 20 somethings looking for some kind of meaning in life. I know a 20 something who thinks Into the Wild is an awesome movie. The reality is that idiot starved to death.
True ... I remember seeing all those movies with Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo and those were the movies we grew up with.
And "Into the Wild(2007)" was really the next on my list - where Emile Hirsch is having one of his best performances. The movie was directed by Sean Penn. A movie about survival.
Since you have mentioned it, here it is :

Watching this movie, is somehow making me wanna throw everything - credit cards, papers, all those unnecessary "stuff" - and just hit the road ha ha

Watching this movie, is somehow making me wanna throw everything - credit cards, papers, all those unnecessary "stuff" - and just hit the road ha ha

If you like Into the Wild, you'll love 127 days. It's also a travel movie of sorts, although it does bog down early into the expedition.

If you like Into the Wild, you'll love 127 days. It's also a travel movie of sorts, although it does bog down early into the expedition.
I think you wanna say 127 Hours (2010) - I think.
Thanks for the tip, never seen it, I'll just add it to my watchlist

I think you wanna say 127 Hours (2010) - I think.
Thanks for the tip, never seen it, I'll just add it to my watchlist

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Yes, you're right. Thanks for the correction.
No probs I'll watch it soon

In Search for Captain Grant 1986

This was one they were broadcasting on national television before 1989.... and I just realized it's Russian..... There are a few more variants(before and after 1986), but this was the one I liked more - film made after Jules Verne's book - In Search of the Castaways.

And a new one I liked :
The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)

I just love Don Johnson's daughter in anything she might play

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Wild
Embrace the Serpent
Fitzcaraldo

Oh there must be loads of them, but I am having a brain fart.

Grapes of Wrath
Around the World in Eight Days

and my favorite Lawrence of Arabia

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
Wild
Embrace the Serpent
Fitzcaraldo

Oh there must be loads of them, but I am having a brain fart.

Grapes of Wrath
Around the World in Eight Days

and my favorite Lawrence of Arabia
Agree with Lawrence of Arabia.... pretty long film, but great. It inspired many directors after that.
Also I really want to see this Fitzcaraldo, never seen it yet.

This one was great as well :
Tracks (2013)

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

Directed by John Huston, starring Humphrey Bogart, Walter Huston and Tim Holt, this was one of the first American films shot on location outside the U.S.