Swan's Blu-ray and DVD Collection

Tools    

Ha! I also picked up that Big Trouble In Little China blu ray recently but haven't posted it yet. The film is super entertaining and just ripe for a commentary, I really hope you like it. Incidentally Kurt Russell is always great to listen to on commentary tracks and seems like a lot of fun in real life.

Sadly Fulci's The Black Cat is one of his lesser horror efforts in my humble opinion. Pretty sub-par and boring unless you're a fanatical Poe film completionist. I really must re-recommend The Psychic and his UK set giallo A Lizard in a Woman's Skin which I think is far cooler than Don't Torture A Duckling.

The Long Goodbye is another solid purchase, though not my favourite 70's noir. Love me some Elliot Gould though.

Never seen The Conformist which is something I'm not proud of. HK thinks it's a snooze, but HK also thinks Sci-fi and westerns are rubbish so go figure.

Ha! I also picked up that Big Trouble In Little China blu ray recently but haven't posted it yet. The film is super entertaining and just ripe for a commentary, I really hope you like it. Incidentally Kurt Russell is always great to listen to on commentary tracks and seems like a lot of fun in real life.

Sadly Fulci's The Black Cat is one of his lesser horror efforts in my humble opinion. Pretty sub-par and boring unless you're a fanatical Poe film completionist. I really must re-recommend The Psychic and his UK set giallo A Lizard in a Woman's Skin which I think is far cooler than Don't Torture A Duckling.

The Long Goodbye is another solid purchase, though not my favourite 70's noir. Love me some Elliot Gould though.

Never seen The Conformist which is something I'm not proud of. HK thinks it's a snooze, but HK also thinks Sci-fi and westerns are rubbish so go figure.
I bought The Black Cat because it was five bucks and I might just end up being a Fulci completist. My dad has A Lizard in a Woman's Skin, and I am looking to buy The Psychic based on your and a few others recommendation, but have not yet found it at a decent price.

Thanks for checking up on the thread UF.

Favorite western and favorite Fellini! Also, honeykid's favorite film L'avventura!

So of these, I've seen The Conformist and The Long Goodbye.
I was going to say "... and you still bought them?!?!?" but then I went to the next page and saw you'd bought L'avventura.. Frankly I'd rather watch both The Conformist and The Long Goodbye again than L'avventura.

(Hopefully) ending the mega buying streak with a blind buy. Looks like something I might like.

So I lent my copy of The 400 Blows to my older sister and totally forgot.

Added.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
I'm making this thread mostly for my fellow commentators, so we can have an easier time picking a movie. Raul's DVD thread is extremely helpful when I'm planning a commentary with him, so I'm following suit. To my fellow commentators, I also have Netflix and Hulu.

I recently got rid of most of my movies, for various reasons, including the majority of my collection of Criterions (I used to have about 100 Criterions, maybe a few more than that), but I still have a good amount of films, I feel.

BLU-RAY:

20 Million Miles to Earth
Amer
Army of Darkness
Autumn Sonata
The Beyond
Big Trouble in Little China
The Bird with the Crystal Plumage
Birdman
Black Christmas
Black Swan
The Blood Trilogy (Blood Feast/ Two Thousand Maniacs!/ Color Me Blood Red)
Blue is the Warmest Color
Breaking the Waves
Carrie
Children of Men
Clerks
The Conformist
Cronos
Dark Star
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Death Race 2000
Demons
Diabolique
Don't Look Now
The Double Life of Veronique
Drive
Enemy
The Entity
Eraserhead
The Evil Dead (1981)
Evil Dead (2013)
Evil Dead II
Eyes Without a Face
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Flight
The Fly
The Godfather Collection (The Godfather/ The Godfather Part 2/ The Godfather Part 3)
Gojira (1954)
Halloween Collection (Halloween (1978)/ Halloween II (1981)/ Halloween 3: Season of the Witch/ Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers/ Halloween 5/ Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers/ Halloween: H20/ Halloween: Resurrection/ Halloween (2007)/ Halloween II (2009))
Harakiri
Hellboy
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Herzog: The Collection (Even Dwarfs Started Small/ Land of Silence and Darkness/ Fata Morgana/ Aguirre, the Wrath of God/ The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser/ Heart of Glass/ Stroszek/ Woyzeck/ Nosferatu the Vampyre/ Fitzcarraldo/ Ballad of Little Soldier/ Where the Green Ants Dream/ Cobra Verde/ Lessons of Darkness/ Little Dieter Needs to Fly/ My Best Fiend)
The Hills Have Eyes (1977)
The House of the Devil
Interstellar
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
Killer Joe
Killer Klowns from Outer Space
La Dolce Vita
L'avventura
Let the Right One In
Life is Sweet
The Long Goodbye
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy
M
Mr. Turner
Ms. 45
Mud
Naked
Oculus
Once Upon a Time in the West
The Orphanage
Pan's Labyrinth
Phenomena
Persona
The Piano
Possession
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
The Prisoner series
Re-Animator
Repulsion
Rolling Thunder
Rosemary’s Baby
Santa Sangre
A Scanner Darkly
Scanners
Scream 4
Se7en
The Seventh Seal
Signs
The Social Network
The Stepfather
Stoker
Super
Take Shelter
Tarantino XX (True Romance/ Reservoir Dogs/ Pulp Fiction/ Jackie Brown/ Kill Bill: Vol. 1/ Kill Bill: Vol. 2/ Death Proof/ Inglorious Basterds)
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre II
There Will be Blood
They Live
The Thing (1982)
Three Colors Trilogy (Blue/ White/ Red)
The Toxic Avenger
Tourist Trap
The Town that Dreaded Sundown (1976) (includes The Evictors)
The Turin Horse
The Tree of Life
Videodrome
The World's End

DVD:

The 400 Blows
Alice Sweet Alice
American Movie
April Fool’s Day (1986)
Bad Taste
Basket Case
The Black Cat (1981)
The Blair Witch Project
The Blob (1988)
Blood and Black Lace
Blow-Up
The Brothers Quay Collection
A Bucket of Blood
Cabin Fever
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
The Celebration
Children of the Corn
Christine
Creepshow
Cries and Whispers
Day of the Dead
Dead-Alive
Deep Red
Fantastic Planet
Faust
Fight for Your Life
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
Freddy vs. Jason
The Fog (1980)
Four of the Apocalypse
Friday the 13th (1980)
Ginger Snaps
Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed
Ginger Snaps Back: The Beginning
The Great Silence
Grindhouse Experience: Volume 1
Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Horror of Dracula
Hot Fuzz
The Howling
I Am Curious... (I Am Curious: Yellow/ I Am Curious: Blue)
The Innocents
Insomnia (1997)
King Kong (1933)
King Kong (2005)
Knocked Up
Land of the Dead
The Loved Ones
The Mack
May
Mountain of the Cannibal God
The Mummy (1959)
Nekromantik
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)/ A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge/ A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors/ A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master/ A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child/ New Nightmare)
Ohyaku: The Female Demon
The Old Dark House (1932)
The Piano Teacher
Pink Floyd the Wall
The Pinky Violence Collection (Criminal Woman: Killing Melody/ Terrifying Girls' High School: Lynch Law Classroom/ Girl Boss Guerilla/ Delinquent Girl Boss: Worthless To Confess)
Pontypool
Primer
Rabid
Return of the Living Dead
Sex and Fury
Shaun of the Dead
She Killed in Ecstacy
The Shining
Shotgun Stories
Stalker
Stone
Superbad
Suspiria
Switchblade Sisters
Team America: World Police
The Tenant
Three Films by Hiroshi Teshigahara (Pitfall/ The Face of Another/ Woman in the Dunes)
The Thing from Another World
Timecrimes
Torture Garden
The Valley of Gwangi
Vampyr
Vera Drake
The White Ribbon
Who Can Kill a Child?
Do you keep track of your collection on bluray.com? it's very helpful

Don't worry, I'm planning on it. Will probably be in my next purchase.

I'm interested to watch ''Le Samourai'' one day! and Amélie is one nice french movie