The MoFo Top 100 of the 80s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Ranging Bull -
(if you like watching De Niro whine for 2 hours..., really didn't see what's so great about it, Taxi Driver is much better IMO)
I swear you rated it at least
(if not higher), in the past. Are you much stricter now in your ratings or did you hate it after a second viewing?

Let the night air cool you off
Henry is probably much too disturbing and too culty to get on many lists besides the hardcore horror enthusiasts...
I don't think I would consider myself a hardcore horror enthusiast, but I guess compared to most MoFos I am close to that.

I didn't vote for Henry. I kinda wish I had... but it probably wouldn't have made the list, anyway.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Ohh, soo glad that Empire is not #1. 19th on my list, but no Star Wars movie, not even the original deserves to be #1 on any list. Good movies? Yes. Great movies? perhaps. The best of a decade? Certainly not. Poor acting and weak dialogue doom these movies to also-rans. I really hope The Shining takes the top spot, but I think it will be Raiders.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Each person has his own taste. I will never understand why you didn't like Aliens and why Cobbyth didn't like The Terminator.

Well, people not born in the 1980's or before don't understand true pure 1980's movies like The Terminator. Since I am 1989, I do!
This reminds me of Ed Wood's Glen or Glenda for some reason. Tarkovsky, pull the string(s)! Guapo, you often remind me of Ed Wood, but you're not the only one.

And this reminds me of the song "Home on the Range".

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Die Hard -
(fun action movie, didn't get what's so great about it though)
That is what's so great about it.

Well, people not born in the 1980's or before don't understand true pure 1980's movies like The Terminator. Since I am 1989, I do!
Contender for the title of most ridiculous post in this thread.