HandyApe's 50 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

Blue Velvet is a fantastic film and one that's probably in my top 10, and I mean my real top 10 and not the place holding Lynch one that I am currently using!
Haha, only just saw your top 10.

Glad you agree on Blue Velvet!

Blue Velvet! This is shaping up to be one hell of a top ten.

Finished here. It's been fun.
7. Blue Velvet

(David Lynch / 1986)

Unlike with most outstanding movies, Blue Velvet’s greatness is hard to describe. Sure, you can say it hosts incredible performances from the entire cast — especially Dennis Hopper and Isabella Rossellini — or that it has a lot of interesting motifs and beautifully symbolic imagery, but quite frankly that’s not just all it is. It’s something far beyond words. It’s something you feel. It has a power that holds on to you, and it doesn’t let go until long after you’ve seen the film.

This movie taught me what a "love-letter" is. Blue Velvet is amazing, might even sneak into my top 10 one day. +1

This movie taught me what a "love-letter" is. Blue Velvet is amazing, might even sneak into my top 10 one day. +1
Ha, I like that

Hey guys, I'm back! I haven't been posting here lately because of an increased workload...though I'm sure you don't want to hear about that.

Anyway, I thought I'd finish of this list by posting my top 10 films. I've made some changes (for example, Wall-E was somewhere in the 40s on my original list but, having seen it again, it managed to crack my top 10).

Here it is:

10. Wall-E

(Andrew Stanton / 2008)

9. Rome, Open City

(Roberto Rossellini / 1945)

8. Laura

(Otto Preminger / 1944)

7. Blue Velvet

(David Lynch / 1985)

6. The Godfather: Part II

(Francis Ford Coppola / 1974)

5. In the Mood for Love

(Wong Kar-wai / 2000)

4. 79 Primaveras (79 Springs)

(Santiago Álvarez / 1969)

3. Five Easy Pieces

(Bob Rafelson / 1970)

2. Lola

(Jacques Demy / 1961)

1. Nothing But a Man

(Michael Roemer / 1964)

I look forward to posting back here again!

+ rep for Laura, Blue Velvet and The Godfather: Part II and for coming back to us.
Thanks! Glad to be back

Glad to see you back HandyApe; great list pal.
Thanks a lot, man

WALL-E, Blue Velvet and Five Easy Pieces are great, haven't seen the others. Especially want to see Laura. Welcome back
I'm surprised at the amount of people that have seen Five Easy Pieces...I thought it was relatively unknown :P

Very much enjoyed reading your list Handyape. We have a few films in common, but i don't recall ever having seen your no.1 Nothing But A Man, I will hunt that one down. Thank you
Good luck with your studies too !

Ps I just read the soundtrack of your number 1. Sounds great. I went to see Martha Reeves just before Christmas