Television Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
John Cole has died.

He was the only regular Norn Iron voice on national TV during the 80s who wasn't Paisley, Adams (or the actor doing Adams ) or Gloria Hunniford.

Now we know why John didn't get the BBC's Royal Reporter gig.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Or Frank Carson. Or Roy Walker. Or Jimmy Cricket.

And a few others. Probably.

EDIT - Or James Galway. Or a young, thin Eamonn Holmes...

I think that covers it because Ken Brannagh doesn't count due to his loss of accent.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Out of interest do we have any fans of 2 Broke Girls on here? If so I'm wondering if they could tell me if the show got better as it went along. Just I would like to be a fan of the show because I rather love the delightful Kat Dennings. But I watched the show when it started and gave up after a few episodes because I thought it was just awful. Caught a couple of other eps throughout the 1st season and certainly didn't seem to be any improvement in my eyes.

I think I've told you how I feel about it already, but just in case, I really liked Season 1. I found season 2 a big disappointment. I would say hit and miss but, frankly, there was far too many misses to make the hits relevant. Two episodes into season 3 and it feels as if it might manage to find a path between the two first seasons. That said, it's still very early.

There again, for me, 22 minutes of this lady is worth all the bad episodes.

I got a few episodes into series 2 and stopped watching it. It went off air part way through the series for some reason then I totally forgot about it and haven't watched it since. Must get back to it because I did enjoy it.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Six episodes into Heroes. I really like it so far but I greatly prefer some characters over others such as the cheerleader. Hayden Panettiere is perfect in her role and puts me in mind of Sarah Michelle Gellar's Buffy a bit.

Breaking Bad is still continuing to impress me halfway into the third season. I wish I would have watched this with the rest of the world. It would have been a fun one to talk about.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
23 November,The Day of the Doctor,i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!Awesome show,just awesome...Watching it from first day(2005).

Watching Star Trek : Deep Space Nine. I watched this after all the other Star Trek series.By the time I got to this show,I had Star Trek fatigue.All the same,I prefer TNG,TOS and Voyager to this one.There are few memorable episodes and I haven't got any favourite character in this show.Still,it is is much better than Enterprise.

A system of cells interlinked
Orphan Black

Great so far!

^ I watched the first series but completely missed this series starting and haven't started with it yet. Will do one day but not in a rush to.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Always slow work wise this time of year, so I've caught up on some reality tv. Watched Australia's Next Top Model, the eight season of Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model (I can't stand Elle McPherson) and am currently watching Africa's Next Top Model. Africa wins for having the best runway models, but Australia has the best print models.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Well here's the last few shows I've watched:

The Walking Dead S4 Part 1:
. A major improvement on the previous season. Better writing,characterization and a better sense of dread and tension.The Midseason finale ended with a major bang and was a satisfying conclusion to everything that's come before and helps set the stage for whats to come.

Boardwalk Empire s4
. Brilliant, bold TV show that with the concluded 4th season I think is the nest show currently on TV. The rich,vibrant direction and impeccable acting round out a season full of tension,greed,power and betrayal. The incredible season finale sets the stage for events to come in the upcoming 5th and quite possibly final season of this HBO crime drama.