Does anyone have a favorite Western?

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm with Vicky and Daniel, normally I always prefer originals to remakes, but in this instance, the remake of 3:10 to Yuma had more introspect into the characters and i simply enjoyed it, all around, than the original.

As a kid, Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid was an all time favorite. Rembering bawling as a child at the very end and for years after the sound of the guns firing still gave me serious chills

But I definitely have to go with Open Range,
This one really touched every single nuance of a truly good western from the very get go to the final shoot out. DAMN fine movie

Haven't seen many westerns since i have only started watching them over the past year. So far i've been only watching the most famous and popular ones and i haven't disliked any of them, the one i'd say i enjoyed the least is The Searchers but i think i need to rewatch that since i was quite tired at the time.

Westerns i can remember seeing:

Unforgiven
Dollars Trilogy
The Searchers
Once Upon A Time In The West
True Grit (2008)
Stagecoach
High Noon
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Finished here. It's been fun.
Haven't seen that many but No country for old men and unforgiven are two that immediately spring to mind. They are extremely good films in my eyes.

Huge western fanatic, my favorite genre by far.

1) The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
2) Heaven's Gate (Director's cut)
3) Once Upon a Time in the West
4) The Searchers
5) The Great Silence

Tourneur's Way of a Gaucho and Canyon Passage are pretty underrated. Peckinpah's sobering Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid and Altman's revisionist Western McCabe & Mrs Miller also come to mind. Don't forget Nick Ray's Johnny Guitar. My recent favourites include Boetticher's Seven Men from Now and Mann's Man of the West. Of course all these directors have made a ton of great Westerns, not forgetting the legendary John Ford. The whole genre is so damn underrated.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
"Wyatt Earp" 1994
"The Magnificent Seven" 1960
"Westworld" 1973

Yul Brynner wore the same costume in both "The Magnificent Seven" and "Westworld" right down to the belt buckle.

Lord High Filmquisitor
While not a huge fan of the genre, The western that I've rated highest so far is Rango. I do have exceptional love for the remake of 3:10 to Yuma and The magnificent seven, though.

I have seen very few, but whatever, my top5:

1) The man who shot Liberty Valance (John Ford, 1962)
2) For a few dollars more (Sergio Leone, 1965)
3) The Ox-Bow incident (William A. Wellman, 1943)
4) Once upon a time in the West (Sergio Leone, 1968)
5) The wild bunch (Sam Peckinpah, 1969)

I still have to watch a lot and specially from the classic western of the 40s and 50s. It's not a genre I'm too much into but my experiences have been mostly positive.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
3:10 to Yuma
The Good, the Bad , the Ugly

Westerns have always been my least favorite film genre, but I do like TOMBSTONE and I like a couple of classics from the 60's, CAT BALLOU and McLINTOCK!