The MoFo Top 100 of the 80s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Just want to add my complete shock at Empire being No.5. Episode 5 being No.5 lol.

Just how high can The Terminator go? Surprised Back to the Future has hit so high.

All bets are off now.

What

i literally laughed out loud when i saw that empire strikes back was fifth. i've said it before, but star wars is really overrated. i used to love them when i was 10, but i also thought the phantom menace was good when i was 10. don't get me wrong, i still enjoy them, but the praise makes no sense, imo. i had ESB at 62 on my list.

now i'm rooting for a back to the future or the shining win. i would be very happy if raiders showed up next, which is even more overrated than star wars.

Empire was my #1. If anybody cares.

Me too! We are part of the elite club of 6.

No I didn't vote for Withnail and I.

now i'm rooting for a back to the future or the shining win. i would be very happy if raiders showed up next, which is even more overrated than star wars.
Best post you have ever made.

Calling things "overrated" is overrated. If you want to put down a bonafide classic (and make no mistake, that's what Raiders is), bring some substance.

The substance has arrived.

I couldn't get into Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Let the night air cool you off
I am rooting for The Shining or Back to the Future as well. Raiders just doesn't entertain me as much as does most others, which is my only real problem with it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Empire was my #3 (behind a bit of tactical voting for Blue Velvet, and the greatest film of all time at #1, TBLT).

I was certain it would make the top 3. Come on? Come on Mofo? If The Terminator wins over everything, I will be sad. It will make this list:

Just think. Without The Brave Little Toaster, Toy Story would never have happened. Pixar would not have been the same. Lassiter may not have ended up at Pixar. The Brave Little Toaster is one of the most influential animations of all time.
This post hit it right on the head.

Whoah, slow down, SC. Your detailed analysis and critical perspicacity is blowing my mind.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Whoah, slow down, SC. Your detailed analysis and critical perspicacity is blowing my mind.
It does that.

I prefer The Shining, Back to the Future and The Terminator over Raiders. All 4 are in my top 200 though.

Among the films that showed up recently in the top 10, two I have added to my new reformulated top 10, because it lacked English speaking movies and science fiction:

ESB -
++
Blade Runner -
++
Ranging Bull -
(if you like watching De Niro whine for 2 hours..., really didn't see what's so great about it, Taxi Driver is much better IMO)
Die Hard -
(fun action movie, didn't get what's so great about it though)
Blue Velvet -
(really disturbing Lynch film)
Full Metal Jacket -
(Kubrick's stamp of quality, in my top 100)

Let the night air cool you off
Ranging Bull -
(if you like watching De Niro whine for 2 hours..., really didn't see what's so great about it, Taxi Driver is much better IMO)

I will never understand you, Guapo.

Each person has his own taste. I will never understand why you didn't like Aliens and why Cobbyth didn't like The Terminator.

Well, people not born in the 1980's or before don't understand true pure 1980's movies like The Terminator. Since I am 1989, I do!