Development hell movies you wish would be completed the most

Tools    

The truth is in here
You know, those kind of movies that keep getting talked about and discussed by those possibly involved with making it, but never get off the ground.

For a while I heard about Harmony Korine making a new movie starring Al Pacino, who previously acted together in Manglehorn. I thought this sounded cool.

Then he ditched it in favor of doing The Beach Bum instead. Ever since not a word about it has been breathed. What the hell happened?

There's also Sinatra, a biography about the legendary musician Frank Sinatra, directed by Martin Scorsese. That sounded great! Yet for some reason it never seems to get off the ground. Does he have trouble finding financing for it or what?

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I read that Hollywood was going to remake The Chaser (2008), and Cell 211 (2009), which I thought would be great to remake as American takes on them.

I'm still waiting for those!!!

Welcome to the human race...
A Confederacy of Dunces, but at least that has the excuse of being extremely cursed.

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote has already seen release in multiple countries, but I guess it's just taking its time to get released everywhere. I'd give it a low
myself.

Dredd 2 or a series deriving from Dredd is the biggest missed opportunity to my mind.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
You mean an Akira remake?

I'm not sure it was a development hell but as an unrealized project, Kubrick's Napoleon is something that come in mind. I read they have put cary joji fukunaga to helm the project for miniseries before but haven't heard the development news since.

Patiently waiting for the Dowdle Brothers bio drama of Dorothy Kilgallen, The Reporter Who Knew Too Much, which has been in development for several years.

Kilgallen was a famous national reporter from the 1950s/60s, and also a star of the long running TV show, "What's My Line". Kilgallen was the only one granted an in depth interview with Jack Ruby. She reportedly had lots of inside information re JFK's assassination from Ruby and other sources. However she died under mysterious circumstances before her book could be completed. Many believe she was murdered by an American intelligence agency.

My guess is that the CIA has something to do with the delay of the movie's development. If it ever gets completed, it'll be a blockbuster.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Isobar with Sylvester Stallone, could’ve saved Caroloco from going bankrupt.

Quentin Tarantino's Silver Surfer

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote has already seen release in multiple countries, but I guess it's just taking its time to get released everywhere. I'd give it a low
myself.

I've seen it now, and I would agree with your score. I was dissapointed that he spent so much time on it, and that it was not his best.

I mean, it doesn't seem like he's done a genuinely good movie since Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas anyway (still gotta check out Tideland to be sure, but I'm skeptical) so the expectations were already fairly low but I guess it's just a sunk-cost fallacy more than anything - this was the white whale that he had to hunt down once and for all, it seems. Can't imagine where he could go from here.