Mofo: Review Countdown

Tools    

My thread has been quiet a little while as I was doing X-Files. There's 2 X-Files movies though when I get there, that'll go into the my reviews thread and the X-Files thread

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Sh** loads of new reviews to read in the coming weeks then.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

So just for clarification, if one MoFo has multiple threads of reviews, do I have to choose one?

For example, Iro has his Movie Diary thread and his One Movie A Day thread. Hypothetically, could I vote for both?
Thank god this question has made things a lot easier since i didn't read the opening post. I thought we were supposed to vote for individual reviews rather than threads that made this seem impossible

I say sh** loads, but if its a MM review then it will be 1 as it takes weeks to read it.
That's fast compared to the CENTURIES it takes to read one JayDee review.

Which makes me ask the million dollar question....Are you guys reading any reviews before voting?

You can type in the name of any movie and quickly find all the people who reviewed it. That's a good way to compare apples to apples, sort of Review Search

Yeah, JayDee knows from past comments i've been working through his thread for like two years. He's a great writer and his reviews are always interesting so its not just walls of text.

Wait... what am i doing JayDee needs no help here, yeah his reviews suck i guess

Also i know she has posted it already but i'd give MVs thread a try - http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=43738

I like how her reviews are fairly short but you come away with good insight into how she felt about the film and if it may be for you. I'd also suggest she post the Quills write up she did in the fifth HOF i think, it really came across how much she loves the film and made me think a lot about Quills myself.

Which makes me ask the million dollar question....Are you guys reading any reviews before voting?

You can type in the name of any movie and quickly find all the people who reviewed it. That's a good way to compare apples to apples, sort of Review Search
It is only for the review threads so that isn't that useful actually. For instance Holden Pike has posted a lot of reviews and a lot more that haven't been counted as reviews yet in his review thread he only has two or three. Same with Mark F who would easily be my #1 if we weren't talking about threads, since he has posted fantastic reviews all over the site but hasn't actually had a review thread.

Since i just saw one of his posts i'd like to bring up Bluedeeds review thread - http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=33074

The guy is an amazing writer and more than anyone else makes me want to continue to expand my horizons; until he suggests i watch Warhols Empire then i'll put him on ignore. Funny thing is i still haven't seen any of the films he reviewed there but they are all high on my watchlist because of him,

Mark F, Daniel M and SC of all people deserve credit along with Bluedeed for getting me interested in Uncle Boonme and that director in general.

Still disappointed us Western folk aren't pandered to by saying Directed by Joe

I say sh** loads, but if its a MM review then it will be 1 as it takes weeks to read it.

It'll be the new choice of comparison from now on. "I just watched Shoah and holy crap it was long. But I guess I could only have read about half an MM review in that time..."

Or maybe it's the new measurement comparison... "So I bought this huge 1/1 figure of a Na'vi from Avatar. I would say it's about 3/4 MM-reviews long."

Anyways, I should be going to bed, I'm running on fumes here. I need my 8 hours of sleep... or 3/5 MM-reviews of sleep.

Goodnight.