A Prime 100

→ in
Tools    

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""

For the past month ive been putting together a new and improved top 100 favourites list. Now although my first attemp at my top 100 was only last year, i really found myself thinking that my list just wasn't right. I didn't put enough time or effort in and i found myself leaving a lot of movies out which should of easy made my list. This time around i feel ive captured a list that really reflects my taste in movies. Ive spent a lot of time on my new list and i really hope you all enjoy my countdown.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

But... but... you just made one less than a year ago. And now you're posting another, while I haven't even done a single Top 100 yet.

And you took the time to edit out all your "old" favorites in the old thread I see... Why? I'll just read the replies and figure out what they were.

Anyways, the intro design looks great, love those posters! Still doing it all on iPhone/mobile device?

I'm looking forward to this, A LOT! You were a loyal follower of my horror list and I have always liked your taste, opinion and way of delivering your thoughts. I'll wait in impatience now....

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
But... but... you just made one less than a year ago. And now you're posting another, while I haven't even done a single Top 100 yet.

And you took the time to edit out all your "old" favorites in the old thread I see... Why? I'll just read the replies and figure out what they were.

Anyways, the intro design looks great, love those posters! Still doing it all on iPhone/mobile device?

I'm looking forward to this, A LOT! You were a loyal follower of my horror list and I have always liked your taste, opinion and way of delivering your thoughts. I'll wait in impatience now....
Thanks Med.

The main reason i enjoy this site is because of the lists everyone posts. I think there great fun reading and creating and i decided to post another countdown as my first one was a little messy. Ive seen ton's of new movies in the past year and ive also re-watched alot of old movies aswell, so my list has had a complete re-work.

You should start to create your top 100 when you have a chance. I think yours would be great and look amazing. Your Horror countdown was awesome.

Thanks Med.

The main reason i enjoy this site is because of the lists everyone posts. I think there great fun reading and creating and i decided to post another countdown as my first one was a little messy. Ive seen ton's of new movies in the past year and ive also re-watched alot of old movies aswell, so my list has had a complete re-work.

You should start to create your top 100 when you have a chance. I think yours would be great and look amazing. Your Horror countdown was awesome.
Agreed, and yes, this place is so much fun because of these lists that people do, whether together or individually. It is especially the lists which has come from hard work that I love to follow and I liked your last one, though you personally found it messy. A fine point to make and start a new one, since I can easily understand how it must feel to have posted a list that wasn't completely satisfactory and rushed out too fast. I will look forward to this new one!

I'm really happy your liked my horror list, but that will probably be my magnum opus for now. I did full 3-paragraph write-ups for each and every entry on that top 50... it was hard, though and it took its tow on me... That said, I am currently having a Top 100 in the works, but don't expect it anytime soon. It won't be multi-paragraphed, but if you know me I won't give you half-assed work. It will be complete with thoughts, beautiful layout and all - but right now that's far into the future. I haven't even compiled the list yet lol

But some day...

Glad to see you posting regularly again Opt; really looking forward to your new 100!

Good start so far! My favorites are definitely The Departed and The Evil Dead. I enjoyed Saw and The Lego Movie, haven't seen The Winter Soldier though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

99. Lego Movie

"I only work in black and sometimes very, very dark grey.
"

The Lego Movie is was of the most imaginative, most colourful, and most funnest movies ive ever seen. It has a great cast, great characters, and a crazy fun story full of wacky soundtracks, cheesy quotes, and some crazy lego action. Its one of the best movies from last year, and one of the best animated movies out there full stop. The whole concept sounds crazy but it works so well. And i guarantee you that this movie will make you smile.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed The Lego Movie. I expected it to be a dumb movie about a kid's toy, but it was a lot of fun.

And there it was! The first update of your list and I'm really glad to have something to follow on here. Somehow I feel like your write-ups come off as a little rushed, though they do say what you liked about the movie, which is the most important thing. The layout is awesome; simple and elegant look, I like it. Good job, Optimus!

As for the movies... Saw didn't stand as strong on a rewatch, as it felt a little outdated, slow and chaotic. I personally like both 2 and 3 more. I feel like the first Saw film has gained a cult followig, which makes it a praised film, but I don't think it's as good and rewatchable anymore, unfortunately. Still pretty solid though.

I was one of those who didn't really enjoy The Lego Movie, though I thought the humor was mosly great, the actual visual look of it was spectacular and the ideas were fun and some even daring. But it went a little too preachy in the end and the overall story was kind of messy with too much going on. I owe it a rewatch though.

CA: The Winter Solider is indeed one hell of a follow-up. The first movie sucked or was at least kind of mediocre. The second film blew me away, even with all the hype, and turned out to be a great action/spy movie, with superhero elements and a very realistic style to it. Great directed action scenes and very exciting. Good pick.

The Departed needs a rewatch. I liked it, definitely, but I can't say much until I see it again. Seems like a safe pick for a guaranteed hit on here though.

The Evil Dead was on my horror list, of course I like it. And I think it's okay to see the film as a little scary or creepy, because though it is also a little comedic it sometimes comes off as very disturbing too. Great pick.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Thanks Med. The write ups are just short and sweet with just a few words explaining why i love each movie. The Layout took me a long time posting so i was just trying to save a little time.

Thanks for your thoughts on my picks aswell. Its good to hear other members opinions on the movies i love.

Friday I never clicked with, though I liked the straight forward style and off beat humor. It seemed like my kind of humor but ended up a little too flat and silly for my taste. I understand why it gets the love it does though.

Flight was a surprise, though a pretty straight forward character drama. The plane crash was amazingly done and Denzel was great as was Goodman in a great smaller role.

Wreck-It Ralph I enjoyed though I haven't played many of the archade games. It was just a fun time and with a big heart.

The Equalizer was a mixed experience for me. I liked it, but the violence was too much for what it tried to be and the story could've been tighter as could Denzel's character. It was like both of these things weren' fully developed, but it was pretty fun and I liked the cinematography several places and it was pretty bad ass.

Halloween was in the top 10 on my horror list and it is definitely a classic and a staple in horror and cinema as well as a huge influence on a lot of which came after it. The soundtrack is iconic, the tension is slow building and extremely effective and Myers is an awesome killer executed perfect in his first film. I like some of the sequels, especially the second one, but the first a master's work and a great achievement. Great pick, but too low.

Looking forward to more!