Custom Lists: Beta Testing

Tools    

Kewl, no more ideas from me - an easy promise to make as I only usually get one every other decade anyway

@Yoda

Where does the database pull from? I am trying to make a list of an actor and they are foreign films but not coming up.

It's from www.themoviedb.org.

For unusual foreign films, best bet is to try an alternate title (like in the original language if searching in English, or vice-versa).
I was trying for Valhalla Rising directed by Nicholas Winding Refn...it didn't come up.

Comes up fine here. Uses the same system as the favorites whenever you added it there.

Can you PM me the specifics? Exact page, exact text entered, what happens. Screenshot if possible.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Also, there should be an easy way to get back to the main Custom Lists page. Every time I viewed a list, I had to come back here to the link on the first page of this thread to get back to that page, unless I remembered to open the list in a new tab.
If you mean while editing a list, there is: it's in the header (links back to Lists and Custom Lists). As for elsewhere, that'll come when the feature is actually live.

I mean on the page to view the list, where it shows the percentage of movies watched at the top of the page. When I open a list in that page to view it, I can't get back to the page to edit that list without clicking on the link on the first page of this thread again. (And the "View List" button doesn't have an option to open it in a new tab.)

@Yoda

Where does the database pull from? I am trying to make a list of an actor and they are foreign films but not coming up.
I was trying for Valhalla Rising directed by Nicholas Winding Refn...it didn't come up.
Comes up fine here. Uses the same system as the favorites whenever you added it there.

Can you PM me the specifics? Exact page, exact text entered, what happens. Screenshot if possible.

@MovieGal, Valhalla Rising (2009) comes up for me too. Maybe check your spelling when you type it in the box? (I mixed up the "l" and the "h" at first.)

Okay, I've added the link to this public on the Lists page. This week I'm going to start having these lists show up on your profiles, then posts. For now it'll just use your custom lists if you have them, otherwise it'll use your filled-out lists, but long-term it's probably going to be just the former.

Gonna be a little messy and consistent while I feel all this out and transition and everything.

Okay, I've added the link to this public on the Lists page. This week I'm going to start having these lists show up on your profiles, then posts. For now it'll just use your custom lists if you have them, otherwise it'll use your filled-out lists, but long-term it's probably going to be just the former.

Gonna be a little messy and consistent while I feel all this out and transition and everything.

Thanks for the link.

This link brings us to a button to create a new custom list. Is there also an easy way to get to the page with all of our previously created custom lists, or do we still have to go back to the first page of this thread for that?

That's all still forthcoming. When it's done it'll have convenient links and be easy to get around like all the other areas.

Okay. Thanks.

This looks like it's going to be a great feature when it's done. It's definitely worth the wait.

Okay, if you have Custom lists filled out (and Public rather than Private), they'll now show up on your profile page under the Lists tab, instead of your filled-out lists. Still fiddling with this, if you see any obvious bugs (like broken posters), don't report it, since that's something I'll notice easily and fix, but if you notice anything subtle not working let me know.

Same kinda change coming to the Lists icon on posts shortly. This'll be step-by-step at first, though.

Okay, next up I'm gonna try to let people reorder lists, just deciding what the most elegant (in conjunction with easiest-to-program) way is. After that and a few other small things I'll do something like a more formal launch, and when I'm satisfied I've done all the really obvious stuff I'll open up a thread to solicit more feedback and ideas for improvements.

I created a list but its not showing anywhere and I don't think others can see it. Who knows!

I explained just above, but it's on your profile, under Lists. And you can share the link. That's all for now, just easing into things.

They'll be on posts in a bit.

now I need to go in and mark them as watched.

I'm on my phone so I will do it later.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
No option to comment on a list?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.