Kill Bill, no Kill Tarantino

→ in
Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I didn't think much of it either.

QT is a big fan of telling stories out of chronological order, which is fine by me. But with Kill Bill it didn't serve any purpose. Not really a good movie at all. I got really bored with it and the dialogue was hideuous and almost made me barf at times.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally Posted by scissorhands85
"Ohh, you didnt like Kill Bill??? Are you serious????
What

i messed that up befor i knew that you could delete posts. im gonna delete it now

personally i hated kill bill.

It was just violence after violence, maybe 10 year olds might like it, but an adult should have more self respect to make you feel embarrest even watching it.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by Charismasloverno5
personally i hated kill bill.

It was just violence after violence, maybe 10 year olds might like it, but an adult should have more self respect to make you feel embarrest even watching it.
uh...unless it was totally tongue and cheek violence and not to be taken seriously. You have to understand that it was intentionally over the top. It was like a cartoon.

I still haven't seen Kill Bill 2 yet, it is on my to see list though. I have heard a lot of people who loved the first one were dissapointed in the second and that a lot of people who thought the first was just ok thought that the second was the best. So maybe the first one just wasn't for me and the second one is more to my liking. I will post again once I have watched it.

PS still haven't changed my mind about the first one though

yeah basicly most teenagers and people around that age group like the first one better because they love to see violence and gore and they hate kill bill 2 because they could care less about dialogue or character devolopment. but most older people i know like the second one better because of the things like dialogue and character devolopment. i will always like kill bill 2 better

There are those who call me...Tim.
First time I saw Vol. 1 I thought it was OK, but the second time I thought it was boring. I'm not going to explain why because a) I don't want to, and b) why should I? Ill just be wasting my time and yours over something that really doesn't matter.
However, I will say this. Vol. 1 isn't a bad movie, it's just not to my taste. Pulp Fiction was better, in my opinion.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by 2wrongs
uh...unless it was totally tongue and cheek violence and not to be taken seriously. You have to understand that it was intentionally over the top. It was like a cartoon.
You know, you're just so sensible on most issues. The violence was of course part of the world of the film and not to be taken as a blueprint for a happy life. It's also an echo of the traditional Spanish Revenge Tragedy that is a hallmark in theater history.

if i wanted to see over the top cartoon violence, i would just buy an anime movie.

I liked Kill Bill, it's just the director is overrated.

if i wanted to see over the top cartoon violence, i would just buy an anime movie.
Quippy.
What did you want from Kill Bill that you didn't get?
And if you say "morality", I'll bite your finger off.

I wasn't suggesting the Kill Bill movies as an alternative to anime, I was saying you shouldn't get down on the movies for their violence because it's not "real" violence in the same sense that, say, Gangs of New York is violent. Get it?

Sam~ my sentiments exactly.

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
I wasn't suggesting the Kill Bill movies as an alternative to anime, I was saying you shouldn't get down on the movies for their violence because it's not "real" violence in the same sense that, say, Gangs of New York is violent. Get it?

Sam~ my sentiments exactly.
You know what I think is funny? There have been centuries of stories about men who seek revenge and that's all well and good, but one babe does it and there's uproar. pff!

Arresting your development
Don't let facts and reasons stand in the way, please continue with the finger biting.

I wrote a post and then you must have booted it off into internet limbo, Anon...it's gone. *sniff*

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Don't let facts and reasons stand in the way, please continue with the finger biting.
For the record, I've had the entire 'morality' debate twice on this film, once somewhere around here in a thread of Duck Asiez or somesuch with a really similar thread title. And a rather similar persona to Charismas. And a similar posting stlyle. Similar enough that I don't think they need my explanation or reasons, if you follow.

But if you want my reason for biting, it's this: the morality of the world of this film is not the morality of the world we live in. To pretend it should be is a strange double-standard, given the popularity of many other films with similar un-realistic moral codes.

I hear ya, Sam.
Why should we look for a redeeming quality in every movie? Surely if movies are art imitating life, then it is unrealistic for us to expect all movies to be moralistic or pure. I know what I'm trying to say but it's coming out weird.

My take on it is that we sometimes go to the movies to see stories end in a satisfying way, and that's it. Not every story has a moral. This ain't Sunday School.