Movies that you watch over and over again...

Tools    

Old School . one of the best of mine. really like to watch over and over.

Epic is a fad. Out of this world can be just being yourself.
Forrest Gump, sure it's cliché but it's something I never truly tire of. If I was reviewing it critically, I'd say it's far fetched and even cheesy but that's never what I take from it. It's beyond humorous and inspiring, there's something about it that I feel anyone can identify with. We all have our short comings to deal with but hopefully we overcome them and if we get there, we can see there's a bigger picture for us to draw and be part of.

Starwars I, II, III.

HAHa. I watched it again because Mom bought the DVD set with Chinese subtitles. Now she finally understands it. LOL

I can watch Gladiator over and over again. It never gets old.

Bridget Jones Diary is another as is Mean Girls.

Thor and Thor The Dark World I can put on repeat and never tire of them. Hel, I saw The Dark World 12 times in the cinema and it just got better and better for me.

I never tire of The Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings trilogy or Star Wars films ever.

Disney classics. I will probably watch them all repeatedly until my dying days

I'll go with Lord of the Rings movies, Blade Runner, various "The Thing" movies + Prometheus (all variations on Lovecraft's Mountains of Madness) + Metropolis, the silent Phantom of the Opera, the original Nosferatu, The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, Gladiator and Twilight Zone episodes.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I go with "The Thing From Another World." A few years back for the entire months of June and July, I watched The Thing From Another World and I had my morning's cup ready during the scene 5 minutes into the movie where someone asks, "You want some coffee?"

The Terminal i recommend to watch this movie

Lord High Filmquisitor
Hel, I saw The Dark World 12 times in the cinema and it just got better and better for me.
TWELVE?!?

I rewatch certain movies in the theaters too, but twelve?

How did you find e time, let alone the money, for that?

I go with "The Thing From Another World." A few years back for the entire months of June and July, I watched The Thing From Another World and I had my morning's cup ready during the scene 5 minutes into the movie where someone asks, "You want some coffee?"
That's my personal favorite among the Thing movies, although I also really liked the Carpenter version, which is actually much closer to the original Robert Campbell novella, "Who Goes There?" The recent prequel was my least favorite. All of them share the dread of an evil Antarctica that they inherited from Lovecraft and Poe.

As for me I love comedy movies like 3D animated movies.

"The Shawshank Redemption"...

...but only the 3rd Act.

Now You See Me

I have watched the movie Soul Surfer over 100 times. If you want to see a great inspirational movie this is the one to see.

The Boondock Saints
Vice Squad
Red Dawn
South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut
Hobo With a Shotgun
Die Hard
George Romero Zombie movies
Tremors
The Indiana Jones movies.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
This is what I don't get. The Boondock Saints (and some others you like) wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Quentin Flippin' Tarantino.

This is what I don't get. The Boondock Saints (and some others you like) wouldn't even exist if it weren't for Quentin Flippin' Tarantino.
I appreciate and accept the influence of Tarantino but do not care for his work or simply find it overrated. Same thing I have with DW Griffith and Birth of a Nation. I see the influence and acknowledge his breakthroughs in cinematic storytelling, but I just do not like the film.

I appreciate and accept the influence of Tarantino but do not care for his work or simply find it overrated. Same thing I have with DW Griffith and Birth of a Nation. I see the influence and acknowledge his breakthroughs in cinematic storytelling, but I just do not like the film.
But The Boondock Saints is supposed to be like almost exactly like Tarantino in every way where as there is no film really like Birth of a Nation so such comparisons are quite different.

If I didn't know that you disliked his work, I would definitely recommend it to you (Tarantino) as based on your tastes he seems like someone you'd love

My Top 10.

Also, and though I haven't watched it in ages, nearing 6 months I think, and can't think what thread I said about this before but I've seen Young Guns around 2500 times give or take.

But The Boondock Saints is supposed to be like almost exactly like Tarantino in every way where as there is no film really like Birth of a Nation so such comparisons are quite different.
And you are correct, the shots are almost exactly like Tarantino, but the dialogue of The Boondock Saints does not drive me nuts. Just something about Tarantino's written dialogue just takes me out of the movie. Kind of hard to explain, the reaction is almost visceral.

Granted I am probably the only guy on the internet that feels this way.