No chatter about the Golden Globes?

Tools    

I was happy to see that Austin Butler got Best Actor in a drama for Elvis; and that Spielberg got it for Best Director, along with his picture The Fablemans for Best Picture, drama. The rest I wasn't too interested in.

Well merit has been sucked out of these things plus they have alienated half the country if not more based on the ratings. Plus the movies being made are lackluster. I forgot all about it. Having said all that EEAAO was the best movie I've seen this early decade. Was cool to see Michelle and Short Round get their due.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I was happy for the wins for The Fabelmans, Spielberg, Cate Blanchett, Michelle Yeoh, and Ke Huy Quan. I thought Turning Red or Marcel the Shell With Shoes On should have won best animated film instead of Pinocchio.

It was fine...but the issue with the Globes was people buying awards/nominations. For me the Globes controversy was that black people weren't getting the same kickbacks as "foreign" people that made the decisions at The Globes.

There is a thread dedicated to this year's Golden Globes, HERE.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I've seen 0 of the films nominated I don't think I've ever even seen the Golden Globes award show.
Oh Lord, I can't watch any of those award shows. They've become self serving wokefests that live in their own fantasy world.

Still, reading this year's lists, they don't seem as glaringly W/SJ/PC as they have been in past years. I have little hope for the Oscars, but at least the Golden Globes were --with a few exceptions-- a nice change.

I was happy to see that Austin Butler got Best Actor in a drama for Elvis; and that Spielberg got it for Best Director, along with his picture The Fablemans for Best Picture, drama. The rest I wasn't too interested in.
I'm glad Austin Butler won, he was spectacular in Elvis, but I just don't get all the love for The Fablemans, though I thought it could win Michelle Williams her first Oscar, but then the Globe went to Cate Blanchett, so I don't know. Not that Blanchett wasn't amazing in Tar, but this year really feels like Michelle Williams' year. I've seen the films I already referenced in addition to The Banshees of Inisherin, Everything Everywhere All at Once, Tar, and Blonde

Oh Lord, I can't watch any of those award shows. They've become self serving wokefests that live in their own fantasy world.

Still, reading this year's lists, they don't seem as glaringly W/SJ/PC as they have been in past years. I have little hope for the Oscars, but at least the Golden Globes were --with a few exceptions-- a nice change.
For me, my disinterest is two fold. 1, I haven't had live TV access for almost 25 years. Now when I was a kid I use to like watching the Oscars with Bob Hope hosting.
2, I haven't seen a single movie from last year so I wouldn't have a clue as to what film deserved to win.