Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

A few genre pictures to consider:

Shin Godzilla
Dredd
One Cut of the Dead
Spiderman Into the Spiderverse

Out of curiosity, what are some divisive films from the 2010s you guys genuinely love?

Some of my picks would be:

A Ghost Story
Holy Motors

Out of curiosity, what are some divisive films from the 2010s you guys genuinely love?

Holy Motors
I liked Holy Motors. I feel like even if you don't like it, you at least have to appreciate it's weirdness.

Just going by disparities between my rating and the IMDb average, I really liked Body at Brighton Rock, The Innkeepers, Detention, High Life, In Fabric.. I suppose High Life is the most divisive, as it's the main one where I've seen more strong negative opinions about it. I really need to rewatch it. Usually my opinion of a film goes down with time, as I move away from the high of watching something for the first time. But with High Life I find myself thinking of it more fondly.

And while it wouldn't make my top 25, I think that The Velocipastor is some of the best "intentionally bad" movie-making I've ever seen. Highly recommended.

A Ghost Story
Holy Motors
I really liked:

Spring Breakers
Knight of Cups
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ghostbusters (2016)
The Neon Demon
Mother!

A Ghost Story
Holy Motors
I'm a Serbian Film fan but it won't make my ballot. Is Climax divisive? I think I have a bunch of films I love that just aren't that popular.

I really liked:

Spring Breakers
Knight of Cups
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Ghostbusters (2016)
The Neon Demon
Mother!
Hated Mother but enjoyed Neon Demon

I feel like the only person who loves The Revenant. That might be perception though, I don’t know how divisive it actually is.

I liked Green Book quite a bit.
It made my long list, but most likely is getting cut from my top 25... just too many other films I like better, but it was a good watch and I felt positive about it.

I feel like the only person who loves The Revenant. That might be perception though, I don’t know how divisive it actually is.
I liked it, rating it an 8/10. It's currently rated an 8 on imdb, so you aren't the only one who rated it highly.

For me it suffers from non recency syndrome...it's been so long since I seen it that I've forgotten about it, mostly. I do remember being impressed with the winter wilderness cinematography.

I like it quite a bit. It probably won't make my ballot though.